Match Thread: vs Port Vale (H)

Rampant

7 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Yes I mean wasn't part of the point of the Chelsea 3-4-3 to give them numbers in midfield?

This was there line up. Didn’t add more midfielders. They just moved the ball out quicker. Moses was chucked in at rwb and because one of their most important players. If we can start moving the ball quicker and sibley can be effective lwb we can be effective with 3 at the back. 

unfortunately we just lump it or sit back like Charlton second half all over the place. Also I’ve noticed cashin is half the player in a back 3 to a back 4. His positioning in a back 3 is all over the place same as left back. Watch the Charlton penalty back cashins positioning is all over the place when Coventry puts the ball down the line he gets done

IMG_1029.jpeg

Edited by Barney1991

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Any danger we can all agree an “I told you so” amnesty for the match thread today? Agree from the outset that whether your stance is optimistic/pessimistic/realistic/mystic Meg we’ll all celebrate or commiserate the result together?

Anyone?

No?

Just me? 

I told you nobody would agree.

43 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

As always, I don’t mind it, provided it gets the job done and that’s always the big question isn’t it. I can’t remember who but someone pointed out the other week how Ward’s crossing could benefit Gayle and I can see it, I know it’s a back 3 but it’s actually a fair amount of attacking intent. Ward prefers to attack than defend, Sibley the same, Barkhuizen and NML both have assists and goals in them, Bird can run a game from deep as we’ve seen a couple of times this season… wait and see I guess 

Hopefully it lines up in a more offensive shape than it looks on paper, but I must admit it’s a bit underwhelming.

14 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

In response to why pick Ward - What has Wilson done to justify keeping his place?  Nothing.

I have nothing against Ward. If he comes in and shines, great decision by Warne.

He was a bright spark earlier in the season and he has just struggled with injuries and finding his feet here.

I just find throwing him in to start when he has played a handful of games for months and had to play with the under 21s recently quite out of the blue.

Wilson is a raw talent and still developing. He’s not going to be perfect and polished every game or a goal/assist machine but at least you know what to expect.

41 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Either way this set up just isolates Gayle.

The only way to get something out of his type of striker is to have someone just never more than 5-10 yards behind so they can latch onto his movement of defenders.

If Bird and Adams are playing that flat 2 were gonna need Sibley and Ward to not give the ball away so easily when we've committed to attacks. 

Yep, at home to Port vale one of those 3 CB’s needs to be sacrificed for an attacking midfielder as a minimum 

Edited by Ramarena