Sonny Bradley back heel

Curtains

He did play well yesterday, obviously if Warne reverts to a back four then it’s Nelson and Cashin.

Glad he’s picked his form up though, at the beginning of the season both he and Nelson made bad errors (Nelson passed straight to a Wigan player who scored I believe) but I think Nelson stayed in due the right foot left foot combination with Cashin. Then with a run of games and team form improving Nelson got more settled.

Bradley has been involved more in recent weeks and has grown in confidence given the extra game time.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Being serious now I thought Sonny played very well yesterday and has been getting better and better by the week at Derby.

Back to the form he showed at Luton. 
Deserved MOM yesterday 

That skill was sublime - didnt know what to call it on matchthread yesterday so just said "that little bit of skill"!!

So I’m going to be controversial here. Bradley was better on Saturday but for his size he is physically weak. He gets pushed over far too often for a centre half. 

I fear for us when we’re up against a real strong centre forward like 
Bishop or Vokes.

Bradley seems a bit of a flat track bully to me. Hope I’m wrong and that he establishes himself as we will need our defenders to be top rate between now and the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

So I’m going to be controversial here. Bradley was better on Saturday but for his size he is physically weak. He gets pushed over far too often for a centre half. 

I fear for us when we’re up against a real strong centre forward like 
Bishop or Vokes.

Bradley seems a bit of a flat track bully to me. Hope I’m wrong and that he establishes himself as we will need our defenders to be top rate between now and the end of the season.

Far too interested in wrestling and shirt pulling. He had several inches on everyone on the pitch on Saturday, and got more involved with fighting the strikers than just winning the header.

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Far too interested in wrestling and shirt pulling. He had several inches on everyone on the pitch on Saturday, and got more involved with fighting the strikers than just winning the header.

If referees did their jobs, he wouldn't have to. I said to my mate on Saturday that every Stevenage challenge comes with an underhand dig, a shove, an arm-grab or a shirt-tug, all designed to put an opponent off-balance. It's like they'd been coached by Eddie Howe. Being passive in return gets you nothing from the officials in this division.

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If referees did their jobs, he wouldn't have to. I said to my mate on Saturday that every Stevenage challenge comes with an underhand dig, a shove, an arm-grab or a shirt-tug, all designed to put an opponent off-balance. It's like they'd been coached by Eddie Howe. Being passive in return gets you nothing from the officials in this division.

Cash and Nelson managed to do it, didn't they?

Yes, Stevenage were doing all that because they were so much shorter than most teams, did they even have a player above 6ft? Sonny should've powered the lot.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Cash and Nelson managed to do it, didn't they?

Yes, Stevenage were doing all that because they were so much shorter than most teams, did they even have a player above 6ft? Sonny should've powered the lot.

Bradley completed more clearances than any other Derby player, and only Cashin with 11 to Bradley's 9 won more aerial challenges, so whatever he was doing, he did it fairly successfully.

I've watched Bradley wrestling with opposition players and it certainly isn't one way, nor is it generally instigated by him. Perhaps opponents target him because of his height and perceived threat, but he seems to be on the receiving end more than Cash or Nelson.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Stevenage challenge comes with an underhand dig, a shove, an arm-grab or a shirt-tug, all designed to put an opponent off-balance. It's like they'd been coached by Eddie Howe. Being passive in return gets you nothing from the officials in this division.

I'm not sure the crowd noticed on Saturday as Stevenage had a player, at every corner, standing next to Wildsmith and either baulked his movement towards the ball or was pulling his shirt as he tried to jump for the ball.

This is a similar tactic that Arsenal having been doing this season in the Premier and has been highlighted a couple of times on MotD, especially in their win against Liverpool recently.