Top of the league

Malty

Can someone help me. I would like to know the last time DCFC were “top of the league”. I mean one of the EFL leagues, not the Johnson’s paint trophy qualifying league or anything like that. 

I guess I’m thinking it’s about time we actually finally got there. But perhaps - like I suppose lots of football fans - I’m forgetting a recent time when we were top (possibly only for a few weeks??). 

It’s about time our fans can sing about being top. Don’t you all think?

I am also be interested in how many times we’ve been too of the league since, say our first premier league season (was that 1996/7???)

thanks for you help. No other reason than I’m just curious.

Edited by Malty

1 hour ago, Malty said:

Can someone help me. I would like to know the last time DCFC were “top of the league”. I mean one of the EFL leagues, not the Johnson’s paint trophy qualifying league or anything like that. 

I guess I’m thinking it’s about time we actually finally got there. But perhaps - like I suppose lots of football fans - I’m forgetting a recent time when we were top (possibly only for a few weeks??). 

I am also be interested in how many times we’ve been too of the league since, say our first premier league season (was that 1996/7???)

We were top after 33 games in 2014/15 under McClaren.

1 hour ago, Malty said:

I reckon Paul Clement was the last one who got us there around Christmas 2015 - remember us playing at Leeds just after Christmas & we were top then. So just over 8 years since we could last sing that

Don't believe Rowett ever had us top but sure McClaren did in 14/15 before the collapse. Previous to that, Billy Davies had us top for a period in 06/07 before Sunderland & Small Heath overtook us late on. Jim Smith also had us top for a lot of 95/96 before Sunderland again pipped us

image.png.02fcb743c4b4ef57712297839586cc85.png

Edited by LeedsCityRam

9 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I reckon Paul Clement was the last one who got us there around Christmas 2015 - remember us playing at Leeds just after Christmas & we were top then. So just over 8 years since we could last sing that

Don't believe Rowett ever had us top but sure McClaren did in 14/15 before the collapse. Previous to that, Billy Davies had us top for a period in 06/07 before Sunderland & Small Heath overtook us late on. Jim Smith also had us top for a lot of 95/96 before Sunderland again pipped us

image.png.02fcb743c4b4ef57712297839586cc85.png

Great info. Just as I thought. 8 years! It’s about time isn’t it. If we can just  overhaul Pompey and stave off Bolton.

In the Championship Season 2021-22, game 2 under Rooney

We were the early kick off away at Peterborough and when Jack Stretton gave us the lead, I took a screenshot before Peterborough scored 2 late goals to beat us

There was even some tongue in cheek but brief chanting of " we are top of the league" 🤣

Screenshot_2021-08-14-14-07-06-627_com.livescore.jpg

Edited by SamUltraRam

9 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

In the Championship Season 2021-22, game 2 under Rooney

We were the early kick off away at Peterborough and when Jack Stretton gave us the lead, I took a screenshot before Peterborough scored 2 late goals to beat us

There was even some tongue in cheek but brief chanting of " we are top of the league" 🤣

Screenshot_2021-08-14-14-07-06-627_com.livescore.jpg

hate when we chant that, because we inevitably f*** it up later in the same game! 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

hate when we chant that, because we inevitably f*** it up later in the same game! 

So true... I've noticed that too 😂

Same as when we sing "the rams are going up, the rams are going up, now you're gonna believe us, now you're gonna believe us, now you're gonna believe ussssss, the rams are going up!"