Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

I am going to blow a friggin fuse listening to the PW post-game interview with this … same old stale lines, ‘we lacked the magic moments’ etc etc…

…..and  blaming the Collo injury (hindsight is everything I realise, but SP made it clear in his interview that it was PW’s decision not to bring in a fall-back striker in Jan when the deal for the other guy fell apart at the last minute- PW obviously felt the gamble was worth it that Collo would stay fit and if he didn’t then we could manage with the players we have- well, massive back-fire as this game shows he was massively wrong).

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Wait, you’d rather he’d gone for it from half time even if it meant losing? 
I don’t get that. We’ve not got a fit first team striker (another conversation), we’ve not done well against teams that play rough/sh*thouse against us, he picked a side to keep us solid which worked thus far, made use of the options available in the squad (bar a youth striker on the bench), and has changed it so we’re in the ascendancy. 

Absolutely we have to go for wins, even if it risks losing. How does no one understand this? A draw is as bad as a defeat, unless against Bolton or Portsmouth. If you want automatic promotion, you need 3 points from almost every game.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Absolutely we have to go for wins, even if it risks losing. How does no one understand this? A draw is as bad as a defeat, unless against Bolton or Portsmouth. If you want automatic promotion, you need 3 points from almost every game.

I know we need to win, we are trying to win, 1 point is better than 0 points is how I see, 3 being better still of course 

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Exactly that's the whole point of 3pts for a win - to encourage teams to play for wins. 

One win and two losses is as good as three draws.

3 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

I am going to blow a friggin fuse listening to the PW post-game interview with this … same old stale lines, ‘we lacked the magic moments’ etc etc…

Exactly this! This is what pisses me off about the bloke.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

In my opinion you should almost always play to win at home (unless, perhaps, you're playing in a two-legged tie and you've got a lead from the 1st leg away). Regardless of the opposition you've got to go for it, and if you want to get promotion you absolutely must play to win at home.