Paul Warne

Day

22 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's so frustrating when people suggest that if we played decent football we'd be lower down the division. There is nothing in that. Teams have gotten out of league one playing decent football. If we played decent football and integrated youngsters people could see direction. We currently don't have clear direction.

We'd likely be in a better position had Clowes just given Rosenior the chance from the beginning. 

Rooney's football was of a better standard than the current football, in spite of the more difficult situation he was in. 

In his second season, second half of his first season was as dire as what we are enduring now 👍

30 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

well, yes. it's been going on for so long, and we all know the players are capable of better as the majority of the squad have been competant championship players. It therefore has to be the coaching, or lack of.

whats warne actually done ? can you list some things he's definetely improved? 

The one thing Warne has improved is the fitness levels, which has resulted in us getting a lot of late goals and out fighting teams. It makes sense considering he's a Fitness Coach. I'd be happy if he was our Fitness Coach.

11 hours ago, Curtains said:

Mate it’s all to play for still .

Warne can’t legislate against a goalkeeper error of the highest order 

Lets be fair with criticism, Adams poor control for the second and let them in also.

11 hours ago, Jram said:

I don’t really know what to say to this. To my mind, it seems very dramatic. Were we ever likely to dominate many games in league 1 where everyone is pretty gash? We have the second best goal difference in the league which does suggest we’ve been dominant relative to the league. What exactly do you think will happen if we replace Warne? We win every game from now until the end of the season 3-0?

If we do go up, I don’t doubt next season will be poor because, as you say, we will have worse players. We will probably finish in the bottom half. That’s what happens when you have worse players. 

I’d love to see this squad of players coached well. That’s all. 

If Warne stays on as cheerleader then replace his coaches. 

13 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

The one thing Warne has improved is the fitness levels, which has resulted in us getting a lot of late goals and out fighting teams. It makes sense considering he's a Fitness Coach. I'd be happy if he was our Fitness Coach.

🤣 have you seen the injury list this season?

26 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I see little evidence of them practicing much every day in training. I am sure they do practice, but the manager is clearly inept at getting his message over. They look confused. 

Maybe the players need to wake up 

10 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

🤣 have you seen the injury list this season?

You wonder why when we went into the summer transfer window and January recruiting players already injured at the time or recruiting older aged players with alarming injury records. Getting Washington already injured and the knee injury he was carrying at the time is still recurring now and probably out for the season 

Edited by Barney1991

14 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

The away form for starters, IMO the defence, bringing in Nels and Nyambe have helped with this

We conceded 1 goal per game in the league in 22/23. This season its almost identical, we have conceded 0.95 goals per game in the league, despite having better defenders this year. 

The strange thing is... I've not got much of an issue with his recruitment! I used to do a bit of scouting and Wilson, Nelson, Bradley, Elder, Fornah, Nyambe... these are all players that would have been on my list for L1 (okay... less said about the forward signings, the better!). It's just the way Warne sets us up that annoys me... we're second in the league, but we should be playing a lot, lot better. When was the last time we actually dominated a team and why aren't we doing it more often?

31 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

i said that exact thing 12 months ago😅

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

The club as an entire package will attract players.

Warne is only one small element of that. It starts from the top and encompasses the whole club set up.

If we get promoted to the Championship, of course we will attract decent to good players if we can afford to pay for them.

Rosenior attracted better players when we didnt even have an owner to pay them

11 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Vs Stevenage the gate was 27,055, Last night it was 24,557 a drop off of almost 2,500 that will be his concern, You'd have thought playing a team that hasn't won for circa 20 games fans would be flocking to see an avalanche of goals 😉 but know, I guess different reasons or just can't be arsed to watch the stuff on show.

If we don't get promoted and with an increase in season tickets...fans will vote with their feet...imo

Belper fan quoting Derby attendance stats 😂.

Last night’s attendance was not a “ drop off” it was about average for a midweek game.

There was actually the highest number of home fans for a Tuesday night home game this season last night.

With 4 out of the next 5 games at home this one was always going to suffer.

The Port Vale game on Saturday will be above average.

The Bolton game will almost certainly sellout.