Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He'd be fine for 10 games a season. Not really what we're looking for. We need a m,ore physcial presence who is a contender to start most weeks - battling with Yates to be 1st choice (Collins and Brown being subs)

I agree he's not the ideal but if nothing else better comes off in the window then I'd rather have Gayle than not.    How many games he'd be good for we don't know - he's had a few injuries but he wasn't playing regularly.    

PW has said on several occasions that new players won't be brought in to improve the squad but to improve the team. That points to newbies being earmarked as starters, not finishers. 

Tawanda Chirewa is a young player but already has 8 1st team games for Wolves under under his belt including a start against Arsenal. That means he's already good and we are being looked at to help him progress. I see him starting, soon. Maybe even tonight at Barrow. If not, then against Brizzle this Saturday. If you're good enough to face Arsenal in the Prem then Barrow or Brizzle shouldn't be a step too far.

That's a selection headache for PW. Which 3 do you play from Chirewa, Ozoh, Goudmijn, Osborn, Adams and Thompson? I'm glad it's his problem rather than mine.

24 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

PW has said on several occasions that new players won't be brought in to improve the squad but to improve the team. That points to newbies being earmarked as starters, not finishers. 

Tawanda Chirewa is a young player but already has 8 1st team games for Wolves under under his belt including a start against Arsenal. That means he's already good and we are being looked at to help him progress. I see him starting, soon. Maybe even tonight at Barrow. If not, then against Brizzle this Saturday. If you're good enough to face Arsenal in the Prem then Barrow or Brizzle shouldn't be a step too far.

That's a selection headache for PW. Which 3 do you play from Chirewa, Ozoh, Goudmijn, Osborn, Adams and Thompson? I'm glad it's his problem rather than mine.

I’d play Chirewa on the right in place of NML at the moment. Nyambe is a very defensive full back so not as much emphasis on covering as the other side which means you can drift centrally. 

Edited by IlsonDerby

45 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I think when I checked his stats (but I could have been reading the wrong column, lol) that that amounts to 139 minutes of football, including being brought on in the 87th minute when Wolves were 2-5(?) down to Man City.

55 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

You play Adams Osborn and Ozoh - strength first and foremost against opponents and our options are limited 

Potts signing for Portsmouth. Good signing for them. He was excellent for Wycombe last season. Very difficult to make the case that we aren’t the worst team in the league at the minute. 

Portsmouth, Plymouth, Oxford, Millwall, Cardiff, Sheff Wed and us. 

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Potts signing for Portsmouth. Good signing for them. He was excellent for Wycombe last season. Very difficult to make the case that we aren’t the worst team in the league at the minute. 

I think there’s areas of our team I wouldn’t swap with those teams and plenty of areas I would 

30 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Potts was my CM loan pick at the start of the window. He's defensively dominant and one of the best CMs in the air last season. His all round play is fairly average though, even by L1 standard.

I think Ozoh will be the better player though so I'm happy with what we've got. But, I don't think Potts would switch off in our own box like Ozoh has - one of the main areas for him to improve.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Potts was my CM loan pick at the start of the window. He's defensively dominant and one of the best CMs in the air last season. His all round play is fairly average though, even by L1 standard.

I think Ozoh will be the better player though so I'm happy with what we've got. But, I don't think Potts would switch off in our own box like Ozoh has - one of the main areas for him to improve.

Are you blaming him for Watford’s winner?

35 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It would be interesting to know (once the window has closed) whether this summer has delivered more or less than people expected, and how they've adjusted their expectations for the season. 

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Must be time for a poll on who we would like the new striker to be, from the names reliably linked.

And a timer for the window closure meltdown when none of said names sign 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think when I checked his stats (but I could have been reading the wrong column, lol) that that amounts to 139 minutes of football, including being brought on in the 87th minute when Wolves were 2-5(?) down to Man City.

Tawanda is very inexperienced for a player that is 21 soon . However Kenzo has created zilch so far , so this looks like a desperation signing . What happened to the new stats based strategy? 

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Tawanda is very inexperienced for a player that is 21 soon . However Kenzo has created zilch so far , so this looks like a desperation signing . What happened to the new stats based strategy? 

Kenzo is the least Derby signing of the summer so I wouldn’t call it desperation. 

Whether he was first choice or not we’ll never know but at the moment I’d say our tactics are hampering his performances not necessarily his talent.

14 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Kenzo is the least Derby signing of the summer so I wouldn’t call it desperation. 

Whether he was first choice or not we’ll never know but at the moment I’d say our tactics are hampering his performances not necessarily his talent.

Well our tactics are not going to be changed much but I don’t think he will last long in the starting x1 if they are all fit 

4 hours ago, trappatoni said:

I agree he's not the ideal but if nothing else better comes off in the window then I'd rather have Gayle than not.    How many games he'd be good for we don't know - he's had a few injuries but he wasn't playing regularly.    

Probably a good job you’re not his agent !

17 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’d play Chirewa on the right in place of NML at the moment. Nyambe is a very defensive full back so not as much emphasis on covering as the other side which means you can drift centrally. 

PW might have the same idea as he, according to his post match interview,, played Chirewa as a "narrow 7" rather than as a 10 to give him some game time. Surely, if you're serious about a game you'd play a 10 as a 10...