Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

On 11/06/2024 at 15:12, Animal is a Ram said:

and help them out of their PSR black hole? no thanks! *

*tongue firmly in cheek

I know you said tongue in cheek but they only have to sell one of any number of players before June 30 . Then they can go on a spending spree again . The rules are a joke . Here’s looking forward to it . 😜

35 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I know you said tongue in cheek but they only have to sell one of any number of players before June 30 . Then they can go on a spending spree again . The rules are a joke . Here’s looking forward to it . 😜

Can they sell it to his other club, Olympiakos? Then buy him back? Wouldnt surprise me tbh 

10 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Can they sell it to his other club, Olympiakos? Then buy him back? Wouldnt surprise me tbh 

Pretty sure I read that the Premier League intends to ban transfers and loans between clubs owned by the same owner starting with the upcoming season. I recall it as my first thought was for the canine botherers and how it might impact any attempts to massage their FFP figures. Might just have been a lovely dream though.

12 minutes ago, Jram said:

Kelle Roos released by Aberdeen 🤔 I’d have him back 

That’s bizarre. I’m sure he was in the SPL TOTY last season so I assume it’s on his terms. 

One of the very best shot stoppers we’ve had, but poor at everything else. 

Bristol City away performance under Lampard is still one of the best performances I’ve seen from any Derby player - was a man possessed that day!

6 hours ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Day 1 of the summer window gone and no one has came in 

Day 2 still going to be like yesterday no one 

Last day of the window 50 new players I guess 😂 thanks Derby County

Assume it will be like last season, when as they said, it was a steady drip feed of players throughout the window. I seem to remember we signed players late in the window that had apparently been a done deal weeks before they were announced. Most players we signed were not linked until maybe a couple of days before they were officially unveiled.

Most of the early movement tends to be from the lower teams signing players who probably aren’t so picky and just want a new club asap. The better players will be signed much later, because they will have more lucrative options on the table and better agents.

8 hours ago, Jubbs said:

I'll forever die on the hill that Roos was nowhere near as bad as people made out.

Spoke to an Aberdeen fan on holiday a couple of months ago, and he said that Roos started really well for them, but appeared to have suffered a drop in confidence to the point where he was struggling.

He reckoned he was probably not going to be extended and said the rumours were he was going to join a club in the Netherlands…

50 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Spoke to an Aberdeen fan on holiday a couple of months ago, and he said that Roos started really well for them, but appeared to have suffered a drop in confidence to the point where he was struggling.

He reckoned he was probably not going to be extended and said the rumours were he was going to join a club in the Netherlands…

My Aberdeen supporting mate kept with roos....mind, he was scathing about Bryson for the few months he was there so is quite happy not to do any more business with Derby.....

25 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Some very promising lads in the lower age group academy sides. For now that's probably the only way we're going to find genuinely top quality players at Derby, but it's a nice dream all the same.

I agree 100%. Hopefully we can bring in some top prospects for our academy too and make the most of the clubs facilities.