Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 hour ago, U.M. said:

Rangers have announced their retained list; a couple of suggestions from there.

John Lundstram and Kemar Roofe.

Neither fit the age profile we seem to be looking for, but would provide experience at this level (and both younger than guys released)

Lundstram looks like a Warne type of player and Roofe has a good scoring record. 

Always rated Roofe, bit injury prone but has shown he could handle the step up to the Championship. Lundstram has looked good at times but the Scottish Premiership is so poor that it’s difficult to judge if he could. Be a bit of a gamble.

Aston Villa's Sinisalo was a player of the season, player's player of the season, and fan's player of the season for Exeter and should be available on loan again. I just heard that in total 17 teams are after him and he won't be going to League One again. 

He would be a good season-long stop-gap solution if we don't have the new number one sorted. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Lundstram has looked good at times but the Scottish Premiership is so poor that it’s difficult to judge if he could. Be a bit of a gamble.

He did get promoted with Sheff Utd a few years ago, followed by a good first season in the Premier League in Wilder's first spell there.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Always rated Roofe, bit injury prone but has shown he could handle the step up to the Championship. Lundstram has looked good at times but the Scottish Premiership is so poor that it’s difficult to judge if he could. Be a bit of a gamble.

Lundstrum has played 35 games across champions league, Europa league and champions league qualifiers in the last three seasons. Before that he played 62 prem games in two seasons following 50 championship games for sheff united after signing from Oxford including being part of a promotion team. He’d be well good enough for a team trying to secure a mid table finish. 

We really need to build a team around youth and hungry players who want to play football 

Players from 18 - 27 is the way to go these days or a player that's just 29-30 wants one more run and still play well 

3 minutes ago, WarCatDCFC said:

I hate seeing teams in the premiership buying a guy for 50 million age 34 

Kyle Walker at 34 is still one of the quickest players in the Prem. It's not the 90s anymore footballers are looking after themselves I think we'll start seeing the retirement age creeping even further up.

1 hour ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Could we get rid of Fozzy because he too old and I feel like he going to cost us games 

Can we stop buying or bring in old people age 30-35 please

My cut off would be 28 or 29 if they are good to fit in our team 

58 minutes ago, WarCatDCFC said:

We really need to build a team around youth and hungry players who want to play football 

Players from 18 - 27 is the way to go these days or a player that's just 29-30 wants one more run and still play well 

55 minutes ago, WarCatDCFC said:

I hate seeing teams in the premiership buying a guy for 50 million age 34 

52 minutes ago, WarCatDCFC said:

If you are 34 or older and in my team please get out of my club you too old to play football go join a Sunday league team or league 2 team please

Nora........ have you been on @londonbridgeram's course on "how to post each thought I have individually on a forum"?