Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I have a bit of an ITK - for the first time ever. We're apparently signing a 'keeper from Denmark. I don't know any more than that.

I'll leave it to @Ghost of Clough to do better research as to who it could be...

As in a ‘keeper currently playing their football in Denmark, or a ‘keeper of Danish heritage (which matches the other ITK rumours that we’re getting Daniel Iversen from Leicester)? 

On 18/05/2024 at 22:05, Dartmouth Ram said:

I'll add a bit of international flavour to that post:

CM - Markus Poom - 25 yo son of the great Mart Poom, Estonian international currently on loan at Shamrock Rovers. Born in Derby no less 

AM - Onni Valakari - 24 yo son of Simon Valakari, highly rated Finnish international plays for FC Pafos in Cyprus. 

CM - Emil Bohinen - 25 yo son of Lars Bohinen, currently on loan at Genoa from Salernitana and another Derby born lad.

Must be some more I've missed?

Bohinen would be excellent

Hello.

I’m by no means an ITK Alan Nixon impersonator and i’d only come on here and say owt if i believed there was any sort of legitimacy.

Chap who told me we’d want Adams permanently in the summer when we signed him, I had a chat with him on Friday, fee is the stumbling block. all parties want the move but Cardiff want a decent fee.

Sibley deal - apparently it seems to be length of the deal holding it up. we’re offering a shorter contract than desired. hopefully can be resolved.

Collins - same as above. we want a 1 yr deal. his camp want 2.

Herbie Kane - haven’t entered discussions, doubts that we will.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I have a bit of an ITK - for the first time ever. We're apparently signing a 'keeper from Denmark. I don't know any more than that.

I'll leave it to @Ghost of Clough to do better research as to who it could be...

After looking at goalies in the danish leagues age, contract length and likelihood of signing them. I’d imagine it is Nathan Trott.

This season he’s been amazing in the Danish league this season. He’s only 25 which is young enough for a goalie in my opinion and is a free agent as his contract with West Ham ends this summer. He has been on loan in the Danish league for the past two seasons after being on loan in the second division of France with Nancy and in league one with Wimbledon in the 19/20 season.

38 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Hello.

I’m by no means an ITK Alan Nixon impersonator and i’d only come on here and say owt if i believed there was any sort of legitimacy.

Chap who told me we’d want Adams permanently in the summer when we signed him, I had a chat with him on Friday, fee is the stumbling block. all parties want the move but Cardiff want a decent fee.

Sibley deal - apparently it seems to be length of the deal holding it up. we’re offering a shorter contract than desired. hopefully can be resolved.

Collins - same as above. we want a 1 yr deal. his camp want 2.

Herbie Kane - haven’t entered discussions, doubts that we will.

Hard pass. 

I get it, he wants a bit of security from what could be his last decent contract.

But we can’t have a player who’s likely going to be an infrequently used back up tied to a 2 year deal. 

He’d probably get a decent two year deal from a play off chasing/mid table league one team.

8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

As in a ‘keeper currently playing their football in Denmark, or a ‘keeper of Danish heritage (which matches the other ITK rumours that we’re getting Daniel Iversen from Leicester)? 

He's not out of contract until June 2025 but Lucas Jensen ,the GK of Lincoln is Danish

I’d be very happy with Iversen. An upgrade on Wildsmith and a better keeper than one fighting relegation, so hopefully that sets the trend for our business and we set our aims much higher than battling near the bottom.

However saying that, Johansson finished rock bottom and conceded about 2 a game but I still think he’s one of the best in the league.

A lot of work to do, but Iversen would be a good start.

28 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

He's not out of contract until June 2025 but Lucas Jensen ,the GK of Lincoln is Danish

I know he’s not, I didn’t say he was out of contract. We could be in for a keeper and willing to pay a fee as we’re no longer under restrictions.

There have been a number of posters on here saying we’re signing (or at least interested in) Iversen, so I was just looking to clarify if this was likely more of the same rumour or something different. 

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I know he’s not, I didn’t say he was out of contract. We could be in for a keeper and willing to pay a fee as we’re no longer under restrictions.

There have been a number of posters on here saying we’re signing (or at least interested in) Iversen, so I was just looking to clarify if this was likely more of the same rumour or something different. 

To be honest we're all looking for clues as to the identity of possible signings and the rumours are starting to warm up! I've no idea as to the capabilities of Iversen or Jensen and,like you,I'm trusting the judgment of PW and the recruitment set up to bring in the necessary players to strengthen us for what promises to be a really tough League.Early days yet but it sounds as if PW outlined several targets in January as he anticipated our going up.

Arthur Okonkwo at GK? Only 22, but he's been on 3 decent loans, contract shortly expiring at Arsenal, just got promoted on loan at Wrexham, and the fans really rated him. He's 6'5" too.
Hollywood Wrexham probably want him and have the advantage but he may be tempted to go straight to the Championship.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I’d be very happy with Iversen. An upgrade on Wildsmith and a better keeper than one fighting relegation, so hopefully that sets the trend for our business and we set our aims much higher than battling near the bottom.

However saying that, Johansson finished rock bottom and conceded about 2 a game but I still think he’s one of the best in the league.

A lot of work to do, but Iversen would be a good start.

Iversen is a brilliant shot stopper but his distribution can be more than a little shaky.

My sister in law is a Barnsley season ticket holder so thought I'd ask her the question regarding the players they have released, here is her take:-

Devante cole could be a great player but his work ethic is zero, couldnt be arsed for last half of season. 

Jordan Williams is a quality right back but we have been playing him at center half all season 🤦‍♀️ 

Herbie Kane is brilliant in 5 min spells then disappears from the game. 

Nicky Cadden wicked left foot on him but usually get shown up on the defensive side. 

FWIW she did also tell me Jacob Butterfield would be a good signing for us 😂

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The way it was phrased, he's currently spending time in Denmark.

Would make sense if Warne himself says he was going out there to watch games.

11 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Hard pass. 

I get it, he wants a bit of security from what could be his last decent contract.

But we can’t have a player who’s likely going to be an infrequently used back up tied to a 2 year deal. 

He’d probably get a decent two year deal from a play off chasing/mid table league one team.

Absolutely mate. 1 year with performance based extension would be the most I’d personally offer, otherwise I don’t mind if he leaves.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

My sister in law is a Barnsley season ticket holder so thought I'd ask her the question regarding the players they have released, here is her take:-

Devante cole could be a great player but his work ethic is zero, couldnt be arsed for last half of season. 

Jordan Williams is a quality right back but we have been playing him at center half all season 🤦‍♀️ 

Herbie Kane is brilliant in 5 min spells then disappears from the game. 

Nicky Cadden wicked left foot on him but usually get shown up on the defensive side. 

FWIW she did also tell me Jacob Butterfield would be a good signing for us 😂

Butterfield would have been a good signing, but he was told to stop shooting from distance, which was his only good point 😆