Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Joe Low - centre half at Wycombe.

Young, lots of potential, impressed since joining them. Ex Bristol City academy. On the cheaper side you’d think, too.

Good shout. Couhig would be bumping up the price seeing its Derby? A back line with Low and Small ? Is Craig Short available?

A list of players I like/want based off who I think is very getable with lots of frees, loans and guys in the last year of their contract etc. Made up of mostly of the Dutch, Danish and the EFL leagues. Also didn’t include right back as I don’t see the need for one.

GK

Johansson (25) Rotherham - 900k release clause 

Walton (28) Ipswich - Free

LB

Martin Frese (26) Nordsjaelland - Free

Thierry Small (19) Charlton - 1 YR contract and looks like he’ll leave

Ben Osborn (29) Sheff Utd - Free

CB

Michael Helik (28) Huddersfield - Will leave with Huddersfield down 

El Yaakoubi (28) Excelsior - Free

Jordan Williams (24) Barnsley - Free

Conor Coady (31) Leicester - apparently free to leave 

Di’shon Bernard (23) Sheff Wed - Free

CM

Ebou Adams (26) Cardiff - No explanation needed

Thordarson (25) Silkeborg - Free

Julian Baas (22) Excelsior - Free

Herbie Kane (25) Barnsley - Free

Tyrese Francois (23) Fulham - Free

Oli Norwood (33) Sheff Utd - Free

10/Wing

Kasey McAteer (22) Leicester - Loan

Anders Klynge (23) Silkeborg - 1 YR contract 

Adam Phillips (26) Barnsley - Would be worth a bid 

Tyrhys Dolan (22) Blackburn - 1 YR contract or free not disclosed yet 

Juninho Bacuna (26) Birmingham - 1 YR left and will want to play championship, could even be a similar loan deal potential like we did with Bielik

ST

Theo Bair (24) Motherwell- 1 YR left 

Mika Bierith (21) Arsenal - Loan

Tyrese Campbell (24) Stoke - Free

45 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Good shout. Couhig would be bumping up the price seeing its Derby? A back line with Low and Small ? Is Craig Short available?

I think he’s off isn’t he (Couhig)?

4 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Is this a dream or is there something i've missed ?

There’s a rumour DC is looking for an investor (group). It’s the rational thing for him to do: keep the stadium and (gradually?) sell the club. But the genesis of the rumour may be wishful thinking. I think if that doesn’t happen we’ll be bumbling around in the championship until we happen upon a wunderkind manager. That might be a very long time 

There’s been lots of press recently about US billionaire investment into the PL and EFl. That’s what we want imo 

16 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

There’s a rumour DC is looking for an investor (group). It’s the rational thing for him to do: keep the stadium and (gradually?) sell the club. But the genesis of the rumour may be wishful thinking. I think if that doesn’t happen we’ll be bumbling around in the championship until we happen upon a wunderkind manager. That might be a very long time 

There’s been lots of press recently about US billionaire investment into the PL and EFl. That’s what we want imo 

I wonder if Appleby would be the facilitator of such investment.

22 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

More guess work hearsay than a rumour tbh not seen an valuable link 

54 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think he’s off isn’t he (Couhig)?

30 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

1+1

No idea if Palace would let him go, but that Rak-Sakyi looks to be good friends with Blackett-Taylor (probably from their time at Charlton together) so maybe we could get him on loan.

He did really well at Charlton and has played a few times for Palace this year but I doubt he will get a look in there if they keep Eze and Olise.

12 hours ago, Srg said:

Only ever thought Allsop was "ok" here. Wildsmith has been much better than he was.

This game is all about opinions isn't it? I thought Allsop was exceptional for us. I like Wildsmith, but Allsop seemed much more reliable. Both good keepers. But I also think Wildsmith is a little too small to be a top-level keeper. 

22 minutes ago, Mckram said:

No idea if Palace would let him go, but that Rak-Sakyi looks to be good friends with Blackett-Taylor (probably from their time at Charlton together) so maybe we could get him on loan.

He did really well at Charlton and has played a few times for Palace this year but I doubt he will get a look in there if they keep Eze and Olise.

If I’m Clowes then I would seriously look at doing a double deal with Palace for Rak-Saki and Ebiowei. 

When you consider what players are usually highly values from Championship clubs they’re typically young players signed from Premier League clubs who had too many bodies in their way to properly progress. We saw first hand the potential/ability in Ebiowei and Rak-Saki did really well in League One. Obviously their values at Palace could be daft, we don’t know, but they’re the type that I would hope we view as ‘asset building’ signings. 

Marc Leonard & Andrew Moran are two from Brighton in a similar boat, both had loan spells out this season (and last). None of us know the level of spending, but these are the types of players that have shown potential but aren’t quite at the standard required at their current teams yet. There are plenty in League One who tick that box, although the recruitment staff need to pick the right ones. Even Forest have Aguilera who showed a high ceiling but poor consistency while at Bristol. These are the types that we need to work with and get a tune out of, IMO. Harvey Vale is another. 

4 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

More guess work hearsay than a rumour tbh not seen an valuable link 

Yes you might be right but I hope it happens. It makes sense from DC’s point of view and there are plenty of US investors looking for English clubs with potential. 

if DC delivers us a responsible, minted US investor as his successor then he will be automatically promoted from sainthood to deity 

11 hours ago, S8TY said:

At least we won’t be linked with Lee Gregory all summer as he’s joined Mansfield …😬

Too early to declare. Just wait until the January transfer window when we've replaced Warne with Clough and it'll be ON.

26 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If I’m Clowes then I would seriously look at doing a double deal with Palace for Rak-Saki and Ebiowei. 

When you consider what players are usually highly values from Championship clubs they’re typically young players signed from Premier League clubs who had too many bodies in their way to properly progress. We saw first hand the potential/ability in Ebiowei and Rak-Saki did really well in League One. Obviously their values at Palace could be daft, we don’t know, but they’re the type that I would hope we view as ‘asset building’ signings. 

Marc Leonard & Andrew Moran are two from Brighton in a similar boat, both had loan spells out this season (and last). None of us know the level of spending, but these are the types of players that have shown potential but aren’t quite at the standard required at their current teams yet. There are plenty in League One who tick that box, although the recruitment staff need to pick the right ones. Even Forest have Aguilera who showed a high ceiling but poor consistency while at Bristol. These are the types that we need to work with and get a tune out of, IMO. Harvey Vale is another. 

Take him on a free and they can give us the money they still haven't paid as well.