Exeter City v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

13 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Yeah- good way to describe it 👍👏

Just wish Pompey and Bolton would stop winning… a close third placed finish will be a heartbreaker…

Gotta 100% beat Bolton at home and not lose to Pompey away…

Close as 91/92 when Middlesbrough scored a last minute goal to put us in the playoffs.  Paul Wilkinson the man who told Shoot magazine his pet hate was violence in society, next question he declared his favourite film was Rambo. Brilliant  

Quite funny to see some of the meltdowns over the ref. He was giving nothing to either team

1st half Derby wernt great apart from a moment of magic from birdy

2nd half Derby were far more solid and a class above

My favourite moment of the game though was when winning 3-0, 6 foot 5 Sonny Bradley swore at a ball boy so said 13 or 14 year old ball boy looked him dead in the eyes and threw the ball straight on the floor, to which said 6 foot 5 31 year old professional footballer started crying at the ref, to which his audible response was-'he's a child, man up'. Absolutely effing brilliant, shithousery at its best. That kids going far. 

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No.  I don't think so.  Hourihane has played ok. He isn't a defensive player but has done the job asked and scored a few very good goals.

Where have I criticised Hourihane?

He just doesn't run much and whoever plays with him in a 2 has to run his b******* off.

In a 3 Bird can express himself more. Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Where have I criticised Hourihane?

He just doesn't run much and whoever plays with him in a 2 has to run his b******* off.

In a 3 Bird can express himself more. Simple as that.

Of course your criticising just in a backhanded way.  I couldn't care if you did. According to our manager Bird hasn't been playing as he can as his head was on impressing potential suitors and now he'll have more freedom to play.  He wasn't working for the team and was pedestrian at best on occasion looking like he'd been on a 3 day foam party bender.  If he's playing better now fabulous, he wasn't for the first two thirds of the season.  Nowt to do with Hourihane or having to work his b******* off.  If that was his mandate he was failing grimly till 4 games ago. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

OK, so I came across as a bit of a dick a couple of hours ago - sorry about the dickishness, but I think that's because I'm from a generation of Derby fans who supported the club through thick and thin - and I still do.

I really wish that we could re-generate the 'Siege Mentality' of the Rooney era.

It's that high strength beer you drink 😉

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

OK, so I came across as a bit of a dick a couple of hours ago - sorry about the dickishness, but I think that's because I'm from a generation of Derby fans who supported the club through thick and thin - and I still do.

I really wish that we could re-generate the 'Siege Mentality' of the Rooney era.

A siege mentality comes from being underdogs and having something (real or imagined) to fight against. You're asking for the impossible if you're after that in our current situation.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Unless the club almost goes under again we'll never have that again. We need to accept that.

Sometimes to foster a siege mentality you need to actually be under siege.

We are now in a league in which we should be acting like the biggest club around, because we are the biggest club around. We need to foster a ruthless "we're here to batter whoever is in front of us" mentality instead.

We should fear nobody in this division.

31 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Quite funny to see some of the meltdowns over the ref. He was giving nothing to either team

1st half Derby wernt great apart from a moment of magic from birdy

2nd half Derby were far more solid and a class above

My favourite moment of the game though was when winning 3-0, 6 foot 5 Sonny Bradley swore at a ball boy so said 13 or 14 year old ball boy looked him dead in the eyes and threw the ball straight on the floor, to which said 6 foot 5 31 year old professional footballer started crying at the ref, to which his audible response was-'he's a child, man up'. Absolutely effing brilliant, shithousery at its best. That kids going far. 

How did Bird’s goal look from the Big bank. They certainly made no noise after it went in.

30 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

He gave Exeter at least 3 fks within shooting range for non-fouls, booked NML incorrectly, did the same to Adams after he'd been fouled repeatedly, didn't book any Exeter players until right near the end despite them leaving a boot on a few Derby players, ignored them waving imaginary cards in his face, and basically refereed Exeter far more leniently.

Apart from that he was mint 🙄

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

There didn't seem like much noise at all on RamsTV, that's not a slight on the fans, just that their stadium is cack and makes it impossible to make much noise.

TBH from our end they sounded like their voices hadn't broken - but their spirit certainly had been.

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

How did Bird’s goal look from the Big bank. They certainly made no noise after it went in.

I was in the stanno stand on the halfway line. Not gonna lie, it was pretty bloody good. City mistake, niskanen then tried to pull him back, he steadied himself and just buried it. 

The city fans then got on Aimsons back because he flat refused to play a ball for the rest of the half to niskanen after his mistake and he started gesturing to the home crowd. Not a good sign that he started the season as the captain yet everyone wants him out of the club, bad egg indeedy

Great win and nice to be able to relax a bit at the end 👍😎

The talk of Cash coming off for cramp is also great news- but u have to be careful playing again so soon afterwards with cramp as it can easily lead to a hamstring pull or tear. But still good news.

Shout out to Collo- a real trooper.

CBT useless and worrying if indeed it’s down to a tight hamstring. We can’t afford passengers and just so much more annoying with him being our supposed marquee signing…

Adams immense again but three bookings in three games is worrying. We all know that they tend to come with his style of play but he’s gonna have to balance things a bit otherwise he’s gonna quickly get suspended and we really can’t afford that.

Overall a great night. And a big shout for the fans - well done guys 👏👏🐏🐏🐏