Exeter City v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Different team away from home recently , and Bird has shown what he can do now he has got his move .

We got quite a bit of spece given to us on the break.

I wouldn't have said we looked overly creative, we just played sensibly when breaking and that created chances which we took well.

Take away those wide open spaces so we cannot use our pace and I can see how we would look ordinary.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Because he looks stupider and more desperate every time things go well. Has to double down on his boring opinions.

We may be miles apart on views on other areas of the forum but we certainly seem to be on the same page once it comes down to the real business of football 😂

Little material change at the very top, save for our further improved GD. In any case, it was nice to see us score some goals tonight and while the way we set up did not quite yield the fireworks I was hoping for, I thought we were clinical and for the most part, quite controlled.

What does seem significant, with the top 3 all winning, is that the gap to those below is slowly growing and perhaps we're seeing the league pared down to just 3 real autos candidates. Folk will continue to pour scorn, but I still reckon we can do this though the next 3 games will IMO prove critical.

image.thumb.png.0de7f4bafe53bd6612766063776c563f.png

Edited by Comrade 86

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

We may be miles apart on views on other areas of the forum but we certainly seem to be on the same page once it comes down to the real business of football 😂

It's the only thing that matters! Think I said it before but I think most of "that lot", regardless of those opinions, usually all post sense on football.

First half was typical Warne ball, looked out of ideas and one paced. But we went in to half time 1-0 courtesy of Max Bird whose turned in to prime Zidane since his move. 

Second half two clinical finishes and then smart subs (albeit 5 mins too late) saw us see out the game with ease.

Win on Saturday and I’ll wager that either Pompey or Bolton will drop points.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Excellent result and performance in a potentially tricky away tie, well done to the players and Warne. Important to win tonight given the Portsmouth and Bolton results, hopefully we can build on this against Stevenage. 

Was it a cup game 😉

Excellent result. Congrats to the manager and players. There is a bit of a top three breakaway - we're still significantly behind when you look at Bolton's games in hand, but if we can catch the other two our goal difference might even end up as a telling factor. Fourteen games to go, at least ten more wins needed. Come on you Rams!

4 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Little material change at the very top, save for our further improved GD. In any case, it was nice to see us score some goals tonight and while the way we set up did not quite yield the fireworks I was hoping for, I thought we were clinical and for the most part, quite controlled.

What does seem significant, with the top 3 all winning, is that the gap to those below is slowly growing and perhaps we're seeing the league paired down to just 3 real autos candidates. Folk will continue to pour scorn, but I still reckon we can do this though the next 3 games will IMO prove critical.

image.thumb.png.0de7f4bafe53bd6612766063776c563f.png

I think that game at Barnsley away is going to be a real toughie. It would be amazing if we can come out of that with 3 points, but I'd take a point now provided we can beat Stevenage. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Excellent result. Congrats to the manager and players. There is a bit of a top three breakaway - we're still significantly behind when you look at Bolton's games in hand, but if we can catch the other two our goal difference might even end up as a telling factor. Fourteen games to go, at least ten more wins needed. Come on you Rams!

Games in hand are not points on the board.