Free agents

sage

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Gayle has scored about four goals in the last four years. Not sure he's the answer we're looking for, especially as he'd probably demand a significant salary.

I wouldn't be excited, just noticed he has been released today.

Edited by sage

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Jeeeez ......what....a.....list.

Looks like the cast and cr3 for

There are some options out there according to transfermarkt, whether any of them are feasible in terms of fitness, work permits, willingness to join etc is the bigger question;

- Lucas Joao formerly of Reading, only 30 so would be the pup of our forward line if he signed.

- Josef Martinez (also 30) formerly of Beckham’s Inter Miami. Venezuelan international, big name in the MLS for a few years and probably way too unrealistic an option for us.

- Lys Mousset formerly of Bournemouth and Sheff United, only 27 apparently. 

Connor Wickham, Dwight Gayle….Lewis Grabban 👀 

Realistically I think Warne will go with what he has, rightly or wrongly, but there are some options out there in free agent land. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There are some options out there according to transfermarkt, whether any of them are feasible in terms of fitness, work permits, willingness to join etc is the bigger question;

- Lucas Joao formerly of Reading, only 30 so would be the pup of our forward line if he signed.

- Josef Martinez (also 30) formerly of Beckham’s Inter Miami. Venezuelan international, big name in the MLS for a few years and probably way too unrealistic an option for us.

Realistically I think Warne will go with what he has, rightly or wrongly, but there are some options out there in free agent land. 

I couldn't quite believe Lys Mousset was only 27. Doubt Martinez would pass the work permit even if it was feasible..

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Joao has gone to China

Wickham hasn't played since May 

It's not a great list

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

I couldn't quite believe Lys Mousset was only 27. Doubt Martinez would pass the work permit even if it was feasible..

Yeah, I don’t know that any free agents would be likely or considered. If they were there’s then a potential load of other hoops to jump through. It does leave the slightest chance of something being done, but I suspect not, I think it’ll be stick with what we’ve got now. 

1 hour ago, inter politics said:

We shouldn't have to be looking at such players. Can understand with Kazim back in the dark days

Because of what Morris did to us, and due to our business plan with the EFL, we are still in the dark days, Morris nearly took Derby out of business for f**** sake, Clowne our hero has just spent 32 million pound on saving us, it will take time, and after all our restrictions, to be challenging for top 2 is not as bad as some make out, support our great club, get behind the owner who spent millions on saving us, after what the snake Morris put us through, back the players and management who are doing everything they can, to get us out of this mess. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

3 hours ago, sage said:

Joao has gone to China

Wickham hasn't played since May 

It's not a great list

João  is a free agent cancelled his contract in China apparently 

Edited by Rambalin