Where do you think we'll finish this season?

Taken off Bolton forum tonight;

It does hurt and that's what it feels like today. The point is bittersweet and should we get promoted it'll seem decent but given the context of our season it seems like another chance we've had that's gone wayward.

Portsmouth are not a better side than us. They are however more consistent and ultimately that's what's done it. Couple that with the extra 8 points for pens they've had and it's a game changer for their season. Had we got the pen at the end of todays match we would've had a similar boon but it's not to be.

Us and Derby have had the same number of pens this season but Wycombe and Portsmouth have had significantly more. Is there something substantial that they're doing that we are not?

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

It does hurt and that's what it feels like today. The point is bittersweet and should we get promoted it'll seem decent but given the context of our season it seems like another chance we've had that's gone wayward.

Portsmouth are not a better side than us. They are however more consistent and ultimately that's what's done it. Couple that with the extra 8 points for pens they've had and it's a game changer for their season. Had we got the pen at the end of todays match we would've had a similar boon but it's not to be.

Us and Derby have had the same number of pens this season but Wycombe and Portsmouth have had significantly more. Is there something substantial that they're doing that we are not?

Getting in box more often. People often credit a lack of penalties with bad refs and any other excuse, but it normally tends to be the simple fact that if you get in the box more often, you get fouled in the box more often.

To be fair, we’ve scored more goals than anyone else. So we’ve probably got in the box often enough, we’ve just been more effective at tucking the chance away more often, rather than waiting to be fouled. 

15 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Getting in box more often. People often credit a lack of penalties with bad refs and any other excuse, but it normally tends to be the simple fact that if you get in the box more often, you get fouled in the box more often.

To be fair, we’ve scored more goals than anyone else. So we’ve probably got in the box often enough, we’ve just been more effective at tucking the chance away more often, rather than waiting to be fouled. 

Also helps if u have a tricky player like Kamara and a home crowd that -just like the good old days- is right on top of the action and able to pressurize players/refs.

5 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

A win for Cambridge, on Tuesday against the Gas, then Cambridge should be safe from relegation with nothing play for in the game against us.

Carlisle already relegated 

Please Derby no more Drama just a nice controlled 6 points from the last 2 games and we are there, no matter what anyone else does.🐏🐏🐏

Indeed. A win for Wycombe against Port Vale also helps in order to take any mathematical possibility out of the equation . 👍

Come on u Shrews !😎

I still don't think Bolton will win all three remaining games. We'll either see a shock result in either of their two home games, or they will slip up against Peterborough as they're not as good away from home.

I've said all along 90 points will be enough IMO.

12 hours ago, plymouthram said:

They failed to mention the penalty Portsmouth were denied just before their penalty appeal, Player pulled down by the front of his shirt something you see at the rush on new years day sales ☺️

12 hours ago, Scott129 said:

I still don't think Bolton will win all three remaining games. We'll either see a shock result in either of their two home games, or they will slip up against Peterborough as they're not as good away from home.

I've said all along 90 points will be enough IMO.

Yeah I agree, think we might be up or as good as Saturday! Fingers crossed

I think us (Pompey) and Derby will go up automatically now. 

You guys know that if you beat Cambridge and Carlisle you are up. I fully expect you to win them both. You couldn't have asked for 2 better fixtures really to end the season with.

We need 1 point from 3 games for promotion, which I think we should be able to get but you never know what can happen in football. Not counting our chickens just yet. 

I think Bolton play the best football in the league, but they aren't as streetwise as Pompey and Derby; I think we both are able to grind out results. 

From this position, it really should be Pompey and Derby going up automatically.

22 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Anyone else getting ahead of themselves and thinking about arrangements of celebrations post Carlisle? 

Into Derby Saturday afternoon?

Open top bus parade Sunday afternoon or Monday evening?

Not quite yet but almost. I’m hoping Bolton chuck in a loss on Tuesday and we beat Cambridge to get promoted but as long as it’s in our hands last day we’ll get promoted. 

Slightly controversial but if we did get promoted, do you think there would be an open top bus parade and would you want a parade? Did we have one in the 80s for 3rd division promotion? Part of me thinks yes we should, the club was in ruins nearly extinct so we should celebrate coming back from the brink, but then the other part of me thinks we should never be at this level and this promotion shouldn’t be celebrated as an achievement alongside our others.