Where do you think we'll finish this season?

26 minutes ago, Cheftyke1 said:

Barnsley fan in peace here. I must say from browsing this forum, the Pompey forum and the Bolton forum. It is a little surprising how the general consensus is that this is a three horse race.

Win our game in hand and we are level on points. We’ve also got Bolton to play at home. 

We’ve had a pretty strange season having to deal with a lot of upheaval in the summer and it feels to me like we’re only now starting to go through the gears. I think we will probably also benefit from experience of last season going into this run in. 

I’m quite happy for us to fly under the radar, but don’t be surprised if we finish strongly. 

should be an exciting few months in any event! 

Upheaval? Don’t talk to us about upheaval. 😀

25 minutes ago, Cheftyke1 said:

Barnsley fan in peace here. I must say from browsing this forum, the Pompey forum and the Bolton forum. It is a little surprising how the general consensus is that this is a three horse race.

Win our game in hand and we are level on points. We’ve also got Bolton to play at home. 

We’ve had a pretty strange season having to deal with a lot of upheaval in the summer and it feels to me like we’re only now starting to go through the gears. I think we will probably also benefit from experience of last season going into this run in. 

I’m quite happy for us to fly under the radar, but don’t be surprised if we finish strongly. 

Think you’re the team to keep any eye on. 

Seem to be timing your charge perfectly and don’t seem to be playing with nerves. 

Think your leaky defence is the only thing that could cost you. 

Personally I’m manifesting Phillips getting a 3 month injury to knacker your chances.

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

Think you’re the team to keep any eye on. 

Seem to be timing your charge perfectly and don’t seem to be playing with nerves. 

Think your leaky defence is the only thing that could cost you. 

Personally I’m manifesting Phillips getting a 3 month injury to knacker your chances.

you’re right about the defence mate but Earl looks a quality signing as does Pines so we have effectively replaced 2/3 of the centre backs allowing Jordan Williams to go back to his natural position at RWB

Adam Phillips started the season really slowly. Butt is now getting back to where he was last season and scoring / assisting. 

Luca Connell, who is our best player and in my opinion the very best player in the league missed the first couple of months due to an illness and is slowly but surely getting back to his best. 

Lots for us to be confident about and it could very well become a 5 horse race if Peterborough get over their blip. As I say, it will be an exciting end to the season, especially as a lot of the top 5 have each other to play. Good luck! 

3 minutes ago, Cheftyke1 said:

you’re right about the defence mate but Earl looks a quality signing as does Pines so we have effectively replaced 2/3 of the centre backs allowing Jordan Williams to go back to his natural position at RWB

Adam Phillips started the season really slowly. Butt is now getting back to where he was last season and scoring / assisting. 

Luca Connell, who is our best player and in my opinion the very best player in the league missed the first couple of months due to an illness and is slowly but surely getting back to his best. 

Lots for us to be confident about and it could very well become a 5 horse race if Peterborough get over their blip. As I say, it will be an exciting end to the season, especially as a lot of the top 5 have each other to play. Good luck! 

Strange that you didn't post after you lost 3-0 at ours earlier in the season. Have you only just got tinternet? 😉

I think one of my takeaways from Saturday is I don't want to meet you guys (Barnsley ) in the play offs.

Building up at the right time and been under the radar a bit, played the better football after our goal as well imo.

I'm still backing us to finish 2nd but I'm far from certain and I'm not going to over egg it, especially with games in hand to be played out.

15 minutes ago, Cheftyke1 said:

Earls is a solid enough player and one I fancy we may have been interested in if we hadn't spent our budget on wing backs who can't really play as wingbacks.  Pines on the other hand looks like a player whose uncomfortable with ball at feet without an immediate pass available and would s*** the bed against a striker on the shoulder with pace.  Fortunately for him we barely have a striker, never mind a quick one.

18 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Be fair.  They did say...

It's funny though int it - apparently, they're a team with 11 points from their last 6 games who have started to "go through the gears", while we're a "poor team" with 13 points from our last 6 games?

Mind you, some of our fans probably agree with that.

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

Strange that you didn't post after you lost 3-0 at ours earlier in the season. Have you only just got tinternet? 😉

I think you might have missed my point mate 🙂

For various reasons things are starting to come together. We are top of the league form guide last 15 games, just surprised so many posts seem to be talking about a 3 horse race, that’s all! 😉 

anyway, enjoy the run in. 

34 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's funny though int it - apparently, they're a team with 11 points from their last 6 games who have started to "go through the gears", while we're a "poor team" with 13 points from our last 6 games?

Mind you, some of our fans probably agree with that.

Aren't you putting words in his/her mouth? Did He/she say we're a "poor team"? 

5 hours ago, Cheftyke1 said:

It wasn’t exactly a game high on quality (mainly from us) but Barnsley looked bright in parts and were the better side in midfield. I’m certainly not ruling you out, I think Pompey will win the league so that leaves one from three and I’m not confident we’ll be that one tbh. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Aren't you putting words in his/her mouth? Did He/she say we're a "poor team"? 

No, that was a comment I saw several times on their forum. They appear to base their opinion on one close game rather than the fact that we're currently above them in the table.

8 hours ago, Cheftyke1 said:

Certainly in the mix for top 2.  Barnsley remaining fixtures not bad really. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

Certainly in the mix for top 2.  Barnsley remaining fixtures not bad really. 

They've still got to play Pompey, Bolton, Stevenage and Blackpool. Theirs is slightly more difficult than ours I'd say.

Warne says some of our players look “Gassed Out”. Let’s hope they don’t drop off as badly as last season . Only good thing is that Bolton are running out of steam as well. Barnsley will hope we draw with Bolton so they can nick that 2 nd place .