What would you ask?

1 hour ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Think there needs to be some sort of pact wherein we all agree that if we're talking about comments on Twitter or similar that it's explicitly stated in the post, otherwise it ends up looking like you're/we're accusing people on the forum of this behaviour, which leads to unnecessary ill-feeling on here.

Like bringing your problems at work home to a spouse and ranting about them all evening while they just want a quiet night watching telle.

Or that we just acknowledge Twitter for the cesspit it is and don't bring s*** from there into conversations on here.

44 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm referring purely to this forum. 

I don't do twitter and Facebook comments largely consists of morons so I rarely indulge 

The comments aren't exclusively from other platforms. The suggestions that Clowes was somehow still in league with Morris which forced him to address them related to the Boots on the Ground thread on this very forum. Feel free to confirm for yourselves. Clowes even had to address that slur with a press release, assuring us fans that it was a complete fabrication, so let's not pretend that those comments did not cause some consternation, nor originate right here. Our most prolific poster on here has suggested that Clowes is more interested in cash than the club and the Saint reference was from a removed post, also on here, likewise the suggestion that Clowes was wanting out as soon as possible. All of these comments call his character and motives into question and all are bang out of order. That's my opinion and I stand by it. If it really matters so much that I name names, then I suggest you DM me.

2 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

The comments aren't exclusively from other platforms. The suggestions that Clowes was somehow still in league with Morris which forced him to address them related to the Boots on the Ground thread on this very forum. Feel free to confirm for yourselves. Clowes even had to address that slur with a press release, assuring us fans that it was a complete fabrication, so let's not pretend that those comments did not cause some consternation, nor originate right here. Our most prolific poster on here has suggested that Clowes is more interested in cash than the club and the Saint reference was from a removed post, also on here, likewise the suggestion that Clowes was wanting out as soon as possible. All of these comments call his character and motives into question and all are bang out of order. That's my opinion and I stand by it. If it really matters so much that I name names, then I suggest you DM me.

Boots on the Ground came from Maguire someone from outside the club but being an important figure in its recent history. Obviously his comment would be discussed as it was shocking.

The other matter is one poster. Just put them on ignore. There are so many who post on here there are bound to be a few loons.

Not sure one strange poster is worth a rant. 

I think questioning Clowes motives is unfair, but questioning his financial power to take us forward is debatable in a constructive manneris reasonable 

Just now, sage said:

Boots on the Ground came from Maguire someone from outside the club but being an important figure in its recent history. Obviously his comment would be discussed as it was shocking.

The other matter is one poster. Just put them on ignore. There are so many who post on here there are bound to be a few loons.

Not sure one strange poster is worth a rant. 

I think questioning Clowes motives is unfair, but questioning his financial power to take us forward is debatable in a constructive manneris reasonable 

I'm not going to debate this any further. This is just something else we'll have to agree to disagree on. 

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

I'm not going to debate this any further. This is just something else we'll have to agree to disagree on. 

I'm not sure what we are disagreeing on but fair enough 

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

An hour long sit down interview with Stephen Pearce with Radio Derby. If the preview clip is anything to go by, he'll be ducking most questions it seems. Hopefully not though!

19 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

An hour long sit down interview with Stephen Pearce with Radio Derby. If the preview clip is anything to go by, he'll be ducking most questions it seems. Hopefully not though!

Hopefully I’ll be in the Turks head by then.

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Bloody hell, get him in the House of Commons. Proper politician's answer.

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

Bloody hell, get him in the House of Commons. Proper politician's answer.

I think, but may be wrong, that this is the first time we’ve heard publicly from SP to any significant degree since September 2023 and the fans forum.  @Owen87ITK’s advice back then was to watch the whole forum on ramstv before commenting (he referred to twitter comments more specifically) but it’s probably relevant now given that Radio Derby are most interested in gaining a sizeable listening audience on Tuesday night. This will be well trailed.

But this clip does suggest that there were/are legal agreements in place as part of the sales process that limit what SP can say. If that is so - and we have no reason to disbelieve SP now even though @Owen87ITK said back in September that he had no knowledge of any NDAs in place - then we are never going to get any comment from SP about his time with Mel, and certainly nothing that amounts to an apology or description of his side of the story. Every answer he gives on the topic will be evasive. Perhaps he was at fault; perhaps he wasn’t. We’ll never truly know. 

SP is our CEO. We can like it or not individually or collectively but Clowes is the only one that can change it. 

On 24/01/2024 at 12:16, Dcfcsr92 said:

3 points off top but the way we have played the last 2 games we could of been 2 points top? I get everyone looks at the table i get it hes getting points i look at it from the football it self and entertainment and its poor

You could argue that McClarens team were entertaining.  Look where that got us. I personally would love more stylish football,  but if this is what it takes to get out of this league. Bring it on

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

You could argue that McClarens team were entertaining.  Look where that got us. I personally would love more stylish football,  but if this is what it takes to get out of this league. Bring it on

It's not what it takes to get out of this league.  Plymouth and Ipswich played decent football last season. 

At some point we're going to have to play decent football to achieve our long terms goals.  What's wrong with having a desire to see that football now?

1 hour ago, Blondest Goat said:

It's not what it takes to get out of this league.  Plymouth and Ipswich played decent football last season. 

At some point we're going to have to play decent football to achieve our long terms goals.  What's wrong with having a desire to see that football now?

And how many years did it take them? And they spent serious money in the last year or so.

I think that we all "knew" that there were NDAs in place. Stephen Pearce is not going to disclose any information about the workings until Mel Morris. He certainly isn't going to say that "Mad Mel forced me to do this or that, even though I knew that it would lead us to where we ended up". He is only going to tell us how the club has worked since Morris said that he was closing his wallet for good. I'm not going to say that I trust David Clowes to do the right thing for the club (even though I do honestly believe that everything he does will be with that intention), just as I have never ever thought that I trust a manager to bring in the right players. Each person within the club will do their utmost to make Derby County succeed, because it will mean that they prosper personally. Each person will have different levels of love for our club, and David Clowes obviously loves this club as much as our beloved @B4ev6is, but he will want success more than anything so that he doesn't lose his family's fortune.

Anyway, back to Stephen Pearce. David Clowes believes that he is the right man for the job. Whether he should take some of the blame for what happened only a very select few will know, but he is I'm sure doing his best to get the club back on very secure footing. Just don't expect him in public to dish the dirt. That won't happen until many years have passed.

9 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

And how many years did it take them? And they spent serious money in the last year or so.

We've spend 'serious' money too, but we don't have a squad to take forward into the Championship do we?

16 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

12 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I think, but may be wrong, that this is the first time we’ve heard publicly from SP to any significant degree since September 2023 and the fans forum.  @Owen87ITK’s advice back then was to watch the whole forum on ramstv before commenting (he referred to twitter comments more specifically) but it’s probably relevant now given that Radio Derby are most interested in gaining a sizeable listening audience on Tuesday night. This will be well trailed.

But this clip does suggest that there were/are legal agreements in place as part of the sales process that limit what SP can say. If that is so - and we have no reason to disbelieve SP now even though @Owen87ITK said back in September that he had no knowledge of any NDAs in place - then we are never going to get any comment from SP about his time with Mel, and certainly nothing that amounts to an apology or description of his side of the story. Every answer he gives on the topic will be evasive. Perhaps he was at fault; perhaps he wasn’t. We’ll never truly know. 

SP is our CEO. We can like it or not individually or collectively but Clowes is the only one that can change it. 

I listened to the RD Shrewsbury build up podcast this morning. Dom started saying this is coming and that there are legal agreements in place on certain subjects.