What would you ask?

14 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

Maybe ask about how our first team recruitment works - who identifies targets and does Warne have final say.   

That information is out there in various interviews and the club forum from September I think. Along the lines of a committee process involving the “football executive” (Warne, Pearce, Thomas and maybe others) with Warne and ultimately Pearce/Clowes due to finance having the final say. Though I may be misremembering and filling in gaps 

Why does he think it should be all about getting round the back and giving crosses. Down the middle is a decent tactic that seems completely overlooked and the oppo knows what we are going to do. Shouldn't he be varying tactics in the game to prevent the oppo being able to set up to stop crosses and, effectively, neutering whoever we have up top?

1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

So we should with the players we have! You have said ir yourself its a poor league and we look shocking! The football is awful l like i have already said on here we go up we will come straight back down because we dont have anything about us

Don't you think there will be changes in the playing staff if we went up 

23 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Don't you think there will be changes in the playing staff if we went up 

Of course, but it's a big concern that Warne doesn't seem to be showing an ability to produce a team which is better than the sum of its parts , so unless the quality of player we sign upon promotion raises the overall quality of the squad to mid/lower-mid table standard it's unlikely our recruitment will cover for his shortcomings.

We'd need some very good recruitment, but his recruitment so far hasn't inspired much confidence. That could change when we have more free reign, however. As I said yesterday his last attempt at Championship management was actually on track for survival, so there's some hope there, but we also don't know how the rest of the season would have played out.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

Why don’t we play 4-2-4 with two defensive midfielders shielding the back four and forget about the midfield ?

How many long diagonals can Cash play per game without collapsing from exhaustion ?

When the main aim is getting the ball into the box, why do we take quick free kicks and then give the ball away ?

Why do we need 2 players for a corner kick, with one trotting off and being nowhere near the box when said corner is delivered ?

Why oh why oh why….I could go on.

7 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I'm heading to PP tomorrow for an event hosted by Marketing Derby.

Primarily an opportunity for DCFC to promote hospitality and conferencing to businesses in Derby but apparently time for a little Q&A with Stephen Pearce and Paul Warne.

What sensible questions would you ask if you got chance to ask something?

Does Bird need a lift to Hull?

5 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That information is out there in various interviews and the club forum from September I think. Along the lines of a committee process involving the “football executive” (Warne, Pearce, Thomas and maybe others) with Warne and ultimately Pearce/Clowes due to finance having the final say. Though I may be misremembering and filling in gaps 

Last I heard Thomas was concentrating on restocking the academy.   Maybe ask if that is still the case. 

It does seem a disproportionate number of targets come from players Warne has had previously or else been established league 1 players that Warne would know.   One way to describe our recruitment would be unimaginative. 

Under Rooney we got Plange and Ebiowei - those kind of signings don't seem to be happening.  The philosophy seems to be they've done it in league 1 for them so they'll do it for us.   There's not enough go out and find a player who has done it at a lower level or another league who has the potential to step up 

4 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Why don’t we play 4-2-4 with two defensive midfielders shielding the back four and forget about the midfield ?

How many long diagonals can Cash play per game without collapsing from exhaustion ?

When the main aim is getting the ball into the box, why do we take quick free kicks and then give the ball away ?

Why do we need 2 players for a corner kick, with one trotting off and being nowhere near the box when said corner is delivered ?

Why oh why oh why….I could go on.

Feel a song coming on Hints 😉

7 hours ago, hales300k said:

Can we rename the North Stand , the Ivan Toney Stand ? 

Dont say that toney will be band from the euros because he will have a bet on it fancy our chances this year as i have ever year 😂😂