What would you ask?

11 hours ago, trappatoni said:

Last I heard Thomas was concentrating on restocking the academy.   Maybe ask if that is still the case. 

It does seem a disproportionate number of targets come from players Warne has had previously or else been established league 1 players that Warne would know.   One way to describe our recruitment would be unimaginative. 

Under Rooney we got Plange and Ebiowei - those kind of signings don't seem to be happening.  The philosophy seems to be they've done it in league 1 for them so they'll do it for us.   There's not enough go out and find a player who has done it at a lower level or another league who has the potential to step up 

Yes and considering that finding such gems and selling at least some on for profit is the main way for a financial boost. Perhaps that the aim of our academy buys. We may have been better poaching the peterborough recruitment team than oxfords

I'd ask David Clowes whether he regrets spending a fifth of the family net worth saving a club where a good portion of the 'fans' illustrate zero loyalty or gratitude, preferring instead to sneer and smear him every time we don't win.

I'd also ask whether given this increasingly widespread snarkiness only a season and a bit into his tenure, whether he is also now feeling that it would be way less grief to just leave the graceless gobshites to sort the club's future from their own pockets.

3 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I'd ask David Clowes whether he regrets spending a fifth of the family net worth saving a club where a good portion of the 'fans' illustrate zero loyalty or gratitude, preferring instead to sneer and smear him every time we don't win.

I'd also ask whether given this increasingly widespread snarkiness only a season and a bit into his tenure, whether he is also now feeling that it would be way less grief to just leave the graceless gobshites to sort the club's future from their own pockets.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent Bang on mate

Just now, Premier ram said:

Shameful, people on here go on about putting the youngsters in and this is how we treat one of our own , sections of our fan base make me sick

People who cant do there jobs make me sick! Im all for giving youngsters a go but like any if its not working you have to change it as i have said many of times if he wasnt one of our own would people still love him? Probably not

2 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

People who cant do there jobs make me sick! Im all for giving youngsters a go but like any if its not working you have to change it as i have said many of times if he wasnt one of our own would people still love him? Probably not

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

4 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Bird is doing his job - scrap around for the ball in a midfield two next to a really slow guy, try and bang it out wide as quickly as possible, it's fine if you lose the ball a lot. That's what Warne is telling him to do.

3 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Bird is doing his job - scrap around for the ball in a midfield two next to a really slow guy, try and bang it out wide as quickly as possible, it's fine if you lose the ball a lot. That's what Warne is telling him to do.

I thought they both was playing stuck in the mud! The amount our midfield moves 

3 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Sneer and smear? Really? DC?

who?

56 minutes ago, sage said:

Sneer and smear? Really? DC?

who?

Are you seriously suggesting you've not read anything yourself Sage? Really? Before the run and since Xmas and the downturn in form, Clowes has been copping it all over SM. He's clueless, he's only in it for the money, he'll flog us to anyone who has the cash as he's desperate to get out, he's still in league with Morris, Saint Clowes, yadda, yadda, yadda. There's fukn loads of it. Some stuff gets removed on here which is good, but Twatter and Facebook are fookin grim right now.

Anyway, I'm already wound up today, so I think it's best I just rein it in, as I'm probably just making things worse now.

10 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Are you seriously suggesting you've not read anything yourself Sage? Really? Before the run and since Xmas and the downturn in form, Clowes has been copping it all over SM. He's clueless, he's only in it for the money, he'll flog us to anyone who has the cash as he's desperate to get out, he's still in league with Morris, Saint Clowes, yadda, yadda, yadda. There's fukn loads of it. Some stuff gets removed on here which is good, but Twatter and Facebook are fookin grim right now.

Anyway, I'm already wound up today, so I think it's best I just rein it in, as I'm probably just making things worse now.

Think there needs to be some sort of pact wherein we all agree that if we're talking about comments on Twitter or similar that it's explicitly stated in the post, otherwise it ends up looking like you're/we're accusing people on the forum of this behaviour, which leads to unnecessary ill-feeling on here.

Like bringing your problems at work home to a spouse and ranting about them all evening while they just want a quiet night watching telle.

Or that we just acknowledge Twitter for the cesspit it is and don't bring s*** from there into conversations on here.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

A few bits from today, no questions from the floor due to time.

West Stand front imagery changing this week.

We have the 61st highest average attendance in Europe 

Wages are now at 45% of turnover which speaks to the club's commitment to be run sustainably

Stephen Pearce knows how admin looked from outside the club but everyone at the club knows how important it is to the city and refused to give up. The work done by fans, businesses, employees was inspirational. Club has made vast strides in the last 18 months to be run responsibly, humbly and with integrity.

Paul Warne spoke about how he works, his realisation how much of a big club this is after seeing the work DCCT do to embed it onto the community.

Spoke a lot about fostering group unity, only recruiting talented, strong-minded players who can handle the pressure of playing here. He said everyone wants to play here and he almost has to try and put them off to see if they are just here for the money or genuinely desire to be here.

Made a comment about a player might be brilliant for a Port Vale but might struggle in front of 30,000, or not have the right mentality to succeed here. Could be Arblaster, or could have just pulled Port Vale from nowhere.

Hinted that Cashin and Elder may have picked up knocks but didn't say for definite, John-Jules is absolutely devastated by hamstring injury, hoping they can get him back before end of season. Senior players have all offered support to him.

Team were extremely disappointed with themselves on Tuesday.

Not much else really. All I will say is that Pearce in my opinion is doing a good job and seems very determined to help DCFC to succeed.

It was my first time hearing Warne in person and he comes across so much better. Very personable and interesting.

47 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I'm referring purely to this forum. 

I don't do twitter and Facebook comments largely consists of morons so I rarely indulge 

Edited by sage

47 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Wages are now at 45% of turnover which speaks to the club's commitment to be run sustainably

Stephen Pearce knows how admin looked from outside the club but everyone at the club knows how important it is to the city and refused to give up. The work done by fans, businesses, employees was inspirational. Club has made vast strides in the last 18 months to be run responsibly, humbly and with integrity.

Paul Warne spoke about how he works, his realisation how much of a big club this is after seeing the work DCCT do to embed it onto the community.

Spoke a lot about fostering group unity, only recruiting talented, strong-minded players who can handle the pressure of playing here. He said everyone wants to play here and he almost has to try and put them off to see if they are just here for the money or genuinely desire to be here.

Made a comment about a player might be brilliant for a Port Vale but might struggle in front of 30,000, or not have the right mentality to succeed here. Could be Arblaster, or could have just pulled Port Vale from nowhere.

Hinted that Cashin and Elder may have picked up knocks but didn't say for definite, John-Jules is absolutely devastated by hamstring injury, hoping they can get him back before end of season. Senior players have all offered support to him.

Not much else really. All I will say is that Pearce in my opinion is doing a good job and seems very determined to help DCFC to succeed.

It was my first time hearing Warne in person and he comes across so much better. Very personable and interesting.

Ah I put some of this in the wrong thread (Finance)

But not everyone is as impressed by the 'marketing people' as they thought...

image.thumb.png.79e79075fabb6260db3743135b5a437d.png

Edited by RoyMac5

51 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Edited by RoyMac5