Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

3 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Max Bird playing hide and seek with himself as usual. Would love a midfielder that actually offers an option to the defenders and actually shows for the ball. 

If you don't watch the game and just watch Birds movement I swear he purposely hides behind the opposition players so he cant receive the ball. Hes been doing it for years but nobody seems to say anything.

There’s a very small minority on here that can see something the majority can’t. Never understood the way he gets a pass I mean he does have the odd good game but it’s few and far between!

Well it's an open game, but on balance we're a bit lucky to be nil nil. Elder looks decent and Wilson and Thompson are busy. One good bit of skill/mistake could be the difference. Corey B-T for the win.  COYR. 

Thommo has done well and worked hard Bird is too slow and slows the game up even more how we need a proper engine in the middle 

don’t think Elder has done too badly tbh 

TJJ and CBT will make a difference but we have no options to swap any CMs I wouldn’t take Thommo off and Hourihane has a goal chance in him 

Comments on Radio Derby are that conditions with the wind are difficult, which isn’t that evident on Ramstv. Regardless of that we have been very poor. Our control of the football and passing has been dreadful. Maybe our wide men may get more chance playing into the wind with the ball over the top - we shall see but things need to improve certainly. Presently will settle for a very ugly 1-0 win. I fear if we go behind.

7 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Max Bird playing hide and seek with himself as usual. Would love a midfielder that actually offers an option to the defenders and actually shows for the ball. 

If you don't watch the game and just watch Birds movement I swear he purposely hides behind the opposition players so he cant receive the ball. Hes been doing it for years but nobody seems to say anything.

This. 

I’ve been saying this for years too, every big game he goes into hiding, does exactly what you say! Hides between the opposition players so he can’t get the ball, glad someone else has seen it too!!

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

If I played like our players have first half, I’d be ashamed to call myself a professional footballer. Absolutely disgusting performance, from a group of players who have the chance to go top - but simply don’t seem to want it as much as Reading!

What level have you played at for interest ?