Everton and Forest - FFP

simmoram1995

15 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Only Forest could be deducted points in a season where another team has been hit with a double deduction and 2 out of the 3 promoted teams are useless.

I read something about 16 points based on the likes amount they’ve gone over by. Obviously, that could be way off, but if it is, that would put them on 4 points. 

Can anyone explain why Manchester City are avoiding answering their 115 charges before the rule changes in August, whilst Forest and Everton must answer them now?

115 charges which has dragged on for how long?

I want to sit here and take the piss out of Forest as nature intended, however it's just wrong how Manchester City are continuing and picking up silverware whilst others are having the book thrown at them.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Can anyone explain why Manchester City are avoiding answering their 115 charges before the rule changes in August, whilst Forest and Everton must answer them now?

I want to sit here and take the piss out of Forest as nature intended, however it's just wrong how Manchester City are continuing and picking up silverware whilst others are having the book thrown at them.

Zero idea, but maybe because it’s so severe they’re thinking about not just retroactive action but future sanctions?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Because P&S isnt really about the integrity of football, its about trying to retain the status quo and stopping anyone from breaking the monopoly that is raking in so much cash for the authorities. 

31 minutes ago, David said:

I agree with this completely. The excuse is that because there’s so many charges it’ll take longer to come to a conclusion. 

When judgement day comes I’ll be intrigued by the punishment.

55 minutes ago, David said:

My understanding is that City charges hanh on not disclosing certain information, therefore it's more difficult to prove. In addition, the time frame is different, so it's not as clear as what the other two are potentially being charged with.

The rule for me doesn't work, how can teams compete if they aren't on a level playing field in the first instance. Forest came up unexpectedly and threw money at it to stay in the league against teams that had a better financial structure for the previous 2 season's and therefore allowed to spend more, how is that fair play ?

That said the rules are there, other played by them, so relegate them to league 3.

the league have identified May 24 as a backstop date for any appeal which raises the prospect of clubs completing their league season on May 19 while not knowing their final league position or even what division they may be playing in for the following campaign.

As if VAR wasn't bad enough - leaving you unable to celebrate a goal properly - now we won't even be able to celebrate their relegation 

13 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

As if VAR wasn't bad enough - leaving you unable to celebrate a goal properly - now we won't even be able to celebrate their relegation 

You speak for yourself - I'll sink a few when they get their just deserts.....

Edited by Gaspode

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because P&S isnt really about the integrity of football, its about trying to retain the status quo and stopping anyone from breaking the monopoly that is raking in so much cash for the authorities. 

True.

Part of me wishes they all just buggered off to the Super League now, would English football recover from the loss of those clubs? In time I’m sure.

Makes no sense that a clubs revenue whilst in the Championship is used to form sustainability rules in the league above where the wealth is greater minimising their ability to compete.

That one charge has the potential to relegate meanwhile a club at the other end has 115 hanging over them and as I say, allowed to continue picking up silverware. 

It’s Forest, so I’ll laugh, just as they did when the EFL rewrote the rules punishing us retrospectively, yet we all know it stinks and about time they scrapped this nonsense in favour of a more fair system that would allow clubs to all compete on a level playing field.

2 hours ago, David said:

I'd imagine it's at least partially to do with the fact that it's a lot harder to evidence and build a case for 115 charges than one or two, and when you factor in that the accused party is doing everything they can to drag out each individual charge then it could take another few years to get to the bottom of it all.