Bradford City at home Match Thread

sage

One of the worst performances in living memory - team came out like they'd been on a four day bender. As professionals, they should be embarrassed by that showing. Still, at least it didn't happen in the league and has no impact on us getting out of the division. 

Not exactly great for confidence of the team. Plenty need to look at themselves in the mirror. 

Would it be fair to say that is pretty much Warne’s team - full of his signings? Vickers, Elder, Bradley, Ward, Fornah, Wilson, Nelson, TJJ etc. Only Nyambe didn’t play? I can’t recall really but it’s a little bit of a worry for me because only Nelson and Nyambe, and Wilson at times, look any good. I am a little underwhelmed with his signings so it feels a bit like the pressure is on, in terms of January signings. 

Anyway. I didn’t care about this cup and didn’t go so I can’t really grumble about what was seemingly a half-arsedperformance. 

3 minutes ago, Vyrdasm said:

Sibley and fornah are done in a derby shirt. Cash in any money for Sibley and reinvest. Midfield needs an enforcer even with bird and hourihane. We need more depth and that player.

Nice to see someone not over reacting on one game 

6 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Do we often talk about our successes in the Anglo Italian cup or the Texaco cup….No

Do we often talk our promotion successes….Yes. 

I didn’t mention the Watney cup as I have fond memories of that and it wasn’t played under normal football rules . 🐏🐏🐏😂

If you accept lack of quality against a team with many of their players or suspended, at home against our strong squad then your expectations our below our level for our club. This is what happens when your accept mediocrity. You fall lower and warne won't allow that to happen. Thank god your not manager

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Would it be fair to say that is pretty much Warne’s team - full of his signings? Vickers, Elder, Bradley, Ward, Fornah, Wilson, Nelson, TJJ etc. Only Nyambe didn’t play? I can’t recall really but it’s a little bit of a worry for me because only Nelson and Nyambe, and Wilson at times, look any good. I am a little underwhelmed with his signings so it feels a bit like the pressure is on, in terms of January signings. 

Anyway. I didn’t care about this cup and didn’t go so I can’t really grumble about what was seemingly a half-arsedperformance. 

Says how good the recruitment has been when at fleetwood only 3 of his signings played. Agent rosenior for January signings please 

7 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Bradford had only got to think about falling down and it was a free kick. But rugby tackles and two-handed shoves in the back on Derby players went unpunished. But it didn’t make the slightest bit of difference because Derby were so, so poor.

Warne ought to make the players watch the match over and over so that they can learn from Bradford how to pass to a team mate.

There was the usual amount of going down easily but you must have seen it differently to me. I don’t think we were particularly hard done by the ref.

As you say, even if the ref was poor there is no way he cost us the match. We could still be playing now and still wouldn’t score.

Very poor performance. I’m not going to lose any sleep over going out of this competition (although I would have been there at Wembley if we’d made it) but that was just embarrassing.

Thought I'd have a look at previous winners of this competition.

Of the winning teams since 2011 (couldn't be bothered looking any further), Rotherham in 21/22 (well done Paul) and Bristol City in 2014/15 are the only two teams to win the EFL Trophy and get promoted to the Championship in the same season.

Clearly, performance and success in this competition means very little and does not correlate to league performance. I would've been one of those who would have been interested if we got to the final, but otherwise, no. I know plenty others have said similar, so it's hard to be upset about exiting a pretty unimportant competition when I have that mindset towards it.

Obviously the concerning bit is the performance. But I'm not getting too upset about that either, because our form has been excellent and our performances have been nowhere near reaching the low levels we saw tonight. If we come out against Burton, control the game and win comprehensively then as far as I'm concerned, tonight might as well have never even happened. If we produce another poor performance and poor result, then that's when some concern might start setting in.

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Are you happy to see Warne sign more in January based on the likes of Fornah, Bradley, Ward, Washington