Promotion Rivals Watch

sage

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bit of a 💩 day as things stand 🥲

I wouldn't describe today as a 💩 day.
Far from ideal of course, but it's all gone to form.  No surprises.  Every one of our rivals have done what was realistically expected. 

I've only seen results, not details, but I'm assuming none of them fluked it? None were handed the points from a man in a black kit carrying a brown envelope?
Only our own hopes, prayers, and blind optimism would have forecast any of today's results going any other way.

Today has simply gone to form, rather than our wishes.  It's not a good day... but it's unsporting to our rivals to label it a 💩 day.

Our 💩 days were the woeful defeats at Northampton and Reading.  The home defeat to Wigan. 
Only a 1-1 draw at never before scored a goal Cheltenham.  Arguably the "undeserved" defeat at Bolton.  There's probably more!  They were all 💩 days.

Anyway... Here's hoping tomorrow makes today "Not as bad as it could have been"!  🐏 🤞

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I wouldn't describe today as a 💩 day.
Far from ideal of course, but it's all gone to form.  No surprises.  Every one of our rivals have done what was realistically expected. 

I've only seen results, not details, but I'm assuming none of them fluked it? None were handed the points from a man in a black kit carrying a brown envelope?
Only our own hopes, prayers, and blind optimism would have forecast any of today's results going any other way.

Today has simply gone to form, rather than our wishes.  It's not a good day... but it's unsporting to our rivals to label it a 💩 day.

Our 💩 days were the woeful defeats at Northampton and Reading.  The home defeat to Wigan. 
Only a 1-1 draw at never before scored a goal Cheltenham.  Arguably the "undeserved" defeat at Bolton.  There's probably more!  They were all 💩 days.

Anyway... Here's hoping tomorrow makes today "Not as bad as it could have been"!  🐏 🤞

Really 🤣

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Really 🤣

So tell me... what makes today a s*** day?  Because everything went as expected?
With that outlook, I take it you get many a s*** day?  🤷‍♂️

Still... looks like I made you laugh, so not all bad, eh?

23594E9200000578-0-image-17_1416540871941.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

So tell me... what makes today a s*** day?  Because everything went as expected?
With that outlook, I take it you get many a s*** day?  🤷‍♂️

Still... looks like I made you laugh, so not all bad, eh?

23594E9200000578-0-image-17_1416540871941.jpg

That all of our competitors won and won well….how could it have been any worse? I was hopeful that Reading would get a point, same with Orient. Jehovah Jehovah 🤣

33 minutes ago, Archie said:

Just got home early to find the missus in bed with two muscular hunks. Not a s*** day, just one to be expected...

Yeah, sorry about that bud 🫶🏼

33 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

That all of our competitors won and won well….how could it have been any worse? I was hopeful that Reading would get a point, same with Orient. Jehovah Jehovah 🤣

Exactly. That was you being hopeful, not realistic. I hope to be awoken with a bj every morning, but I can’t call it a s*** day just because I’m not. 

32 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Exactly. That was you being hopeful, not realistic. I hope to be awoken with a bj every morning, but I can’t call it a s*** day just because I’m not. 

Oh dear…ok, it was a very good day for the 🐏 👍

Just now, TigerTedd said:

No it wasn’t a good day. Don’t be daft. It just wasn’t a s*** day. It was just a normal day. It’s allowed to be a normal day. 

Think we need to draw a line under this. I was disappointed that the results went as they did, all of them. To me that is a pretty 💩 day, disappointing day, whatever you want to call it. Pompey are favourites to beat us tomorrow. So if they do, your point would be we shouldn’t be disappointed as it was expected? Would a defeat constitute a pretty 💩 day or not?

30 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think we need to draw a line under this. I was disappointed that the results went as they did, all of them. To me that is a pretty 💩 day, disappointing day, whatever you want to call it. Pompey are favourites to beat us tomorrow. So if they do, your point would be we shouldn’t be disappointed as it was expected? Would a defeat constitute a pretty 💩 day or not?

How can you hope to “draw a line under this” when you end with a question? 😀

To hopefully really draw a line under this, I think you’re both right. It was a 💩 day in terms of the results BUT it was no more of a 💩 day than we were realistically expecting. There, will that do it?