Divin Mubama

DCFC1388

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I thought he agreed terms with a team in France - at least that was the rumour a while ago?

Yeah there was talk of him going to Lyon. But it doesn't seem to have happened.

He's almost exactly a year older than Dajaune Brown. If he's an awful lot better then obviously we should try to sign him up, and he might be the striker we're crying out for, who's also an investment for the club. If he's not that much better than Daj, then there's no point Divin blocking the path. But Warne won't play Daj whereas Moyes has given Divin a bit of a chance in the Premier League, meaning Warne might play him too?

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Oxford folk seem to think Mubama is going there. If we're thinking of a promising young Premier League loan striker, I'd have thought it better to sign up our own player like Mubama instead. 

If they do they’ve had a solid window 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Oxford folk seem to think Mubama is going there. If we're thinking of a promising young Premier League loan striker, I'd have thought it better to sign up our own player like Mubama instead. 

I wouldn't consider him to be better than Brown. Brown's younger too

Edited by Ghost of Clough

43 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think the fact he's scored in a European competition is the bit he's pinning his hat on. I've not seen enough of him to know- but it is a good accolade for a 19 year old to have. 

58 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I've not seen enough of him to make an informed call but just looking at Mubama's career to date, he's an England international at U15, U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20 level and his last two seasons at club level (U18 PL & PL2) have yielded 30 goals & 4 assists (U18) and 16 goals & 2 assists (PL2) from a combined 47 games. I'd say he's worth serious consideration at worst. 

2 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I've not seen enough of him to make an informed call but just looking at Mubama's career to date, he's an England international at U15, U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20 level and his last two seasons at club level (U18 PL & PL2) have yielded 30 goals & 4 assists (U18) and 16 goals & 2 assists (PL2) from a combined 47 games. I'd say he's worth serious consideration at worst. 

Last season was 4 goals in 7 U21 games, and 0 in 12 first team games (271 mins).

In 22/23, 13 goals and 2 assists in 22 U21 games, 13 goals and 2 assists in 10 U18 games, and 1 goal and 1 assist in 6 first team games (160 mins)

In 21/22, 1 goal in 5 U21 games (91 mins), and 16 goals and 2 assists in 21 U18 games.

5 goals in 26 England youth games, including 0 goals in 9 games above U18 level.

His U18 goals are heavily weighted towards him being one of the oldest in the age group, even playing as a 19 yesr old in the 22/23 season. Overall, at U21 level he has 18 goals and 2 assists in 34 games (between the age of 17 and 19).

For comparison, Brown has 7 goals and 1 assist in 12 U21 games, with 3 goals in 3 games as an 18 year old and the rest aged just 17.  Brown also did it in a side which finished rock bottom of the table with just 1 point.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Last season was 4 goals in 7 U21 games, and 0 in 12 first team games (271 mins).

In 22/23, 13 goals and 2 assists in 22 U21 games, 13 goals and 2 assists in 10 U18 games, and 1 goal and 1 assist in 6 first team games (160 mins)

In 21/22, 1 goal in 5 U21 games (91 mins), and 16 goals and 2 assists in 21 U18 games.

5 goals in 26 England youth games, including 0 goals in 9 games above U18 level.

His U18 goals are heavily weighted towards him being one of the oldest in the age group, even playing as a 19 yesr old in the 22/23 season. Overall, at U21 level he has 18 goals and 2 assists in 34 games (between the age of 17 and 19).

For comparison, Brown has 7 goals and 1 assist in 12 U21 games, with 3 goals in 3 games as an 18 year old and the rest aged just 17.  Brown also did it in a side which finished rock bottom of the table with just 1 point.

Still not seeing a reason not to be looking at the lad, Ghost. I'd also say that the fact he made 12 first team appearances makes him more appealing than less, given said appearances were in the Premiership. If he were ours we'd be really excited about the lad and the age difference means nothing to me given both are big, imposing types. Both have that advantage based on the little I've seen. FWIW, I'm not saying Mubama should be favoured, only that he's the type of player that seems to tick many, if not all boxes.

Edited by Comrade 86