New Shirt & Short Sponsor (HSG)

REDCAR

10 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

I'd assume DC would need someone on board who has experience in running a football club. Perhaps given our situation, it was easier just to keep the chief exec we already had.

I agree that would have been the logical thing to do initially but reckon, if DC really thought he couldn’t be trusted and/or is incompetent, he could probably have replaced him by now. So, if DC is prepared to keep him on (however reluctantly that may or may not be) in such a senior role then, whilst I’ll always view him with a degree of suspicion, I’m prepared to move on.

10 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

I'd assume DC would need someone on board who has experience in running a football club. Perhaps given our situation, it was easier just to keep the chief exec we already had.

Pearce is not a stupid man that much is obvious. But he's basically running the club, now and previously. He was there when the trouble started with the EFL - he's an accountant why were the figures for our 'new' amortisation method basically on the back of a fag packet or not there? He's now in charge when the decision was taken to appoint Warne, and also the not wanting a DoF. He's the one pulling the strings but in the end he doesn't have to be accountable.

Whilst it might have been easier to keep him I don't see what he's ever done that has been beneficial? 

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

You have no idea what discussions took place. Clowes clearly trusts Pearce, are you questioning Clowes?

Whilst I'm not suggesting Clowes has done a single thing wrong, it's this kind of thinking that led us all to blindly follow Mel down his merry path.

No, I'm not suggesting Clowes is even remotely comparable to Mel, before you all pile on. Glad to have him, seems like a great owner so far.

11 hours ago, Andicis said:

So nothing specific then. Which is what I asked for. You are criticising Pearce without having a clue what he was involved with or without understanding his opinion at the time. I get the impression, and it could be wrong, that Mel was driving the direction the club took. Which is semi supported by the fact Clowes kept Pearce on, so clearly he has some faith in him. 

My personal view on a CEO who presides over an organisation that goes bust in the way Derby did is that they either knew what was going on and were too weak and/or incompetent to change the outcome, or they had no idea what was really going on in which case they were too weak/incompetent to change the outcome.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My personal view on a CEO who presides over an organisation that goes bust in the way Derby did is that they either knew what was going on and were too weak and/or incompetent to change the outcome, or they had no idea what was really going on in which case they were too weak/incompetent to change the outcome.

Football isn't a normal industry. We were totally reliant on Mel's funding, and therefore we weren't really in a position to argue about direction were we? It's so simplistic to just blame Pearce, call him weak etc, but if we're honest none of us knows what went on behind the scenes. The fact that Clowes trusts him leads to be believe that he is not "weak or incompetent".

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

Whilst I'm not suggesting Clowes has done a single thing wrong, it's this kind of thinking that led us all to blindly follow Mel down his merry path.

No, I'm not suggesting Clowes is even remotely comparable to Mel, before you all pile on. Glad to have him, seems like a great owner so far.

You're blindly criticizing Pearce, isn't it just as valid, if not more so, to trust Clowes who is in possession of actual facts unlike either of us.

On 22/11/2023 at 12:01, REDCAR said:

Shame how the clubs X account had more comments about Pearce than the new sponsor, quite sad really.

And since you posted such on here @REDCAR unfortunately the majority of comments are also quite sadly doing exactly the same. It’s the sheep mentality. All knackered slagging David Clowes off already, after slagging Paul Warne off to absolute bits, then someone mentions a new sponsor and instead of discussing the new sponsor and it’s potential benefits, well that must have something to do with that Pearce bloke, so time for them all to slag him off to bits. It’s all predictably sad and destructible.

For what it’s worth, sounds like a good deal, the more good deals the club gets, the more the good, good people benefit from such.

Up The Rams 🐏

8 hours ago, valakari said:

Supposed expert on FFP, qualified accountant that allowed a different amortisation method to every other club in England...he is either complicit or not very clever

Yes, but it was an amortisation method used widely in the real world of business and commerce. It didn’t break any laws either, just an EFL rule  that didn’t exist for another 3 years. They were after blood, and were determined to get it, come hell or high water - even if it meant pumping a gallon or two in so they could say “Aha!!! We’ve found blood. You are guilty as charged”.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/11/2023 at 08:28, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The club went into administration because the owner stopped funding the club. Nothing to do with Stephen Pearce. 

Indeed.  He is an accountant.  If he is given a business plan that says cash injection here here and here, and there is no such injection - books will not balance.

I have little opinion on Pearce, but I have been in positions where there is someone overrbearing that has "their own ideas", and in all conscience you should walk away but sometimes you think "I can dilute what they are doing by working with them rather than letting someone with fewer scruples be the go-to".  I think there was an interview with Clowes where he said he thought Pearce had been honourable when everyone around him hadn't, or words to that effect.