CJ Hamilton

Nuwtfly

47 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

He's alright, no resale value in him though. Would rather us go for someone like Fevrier at Colchester. 

We just need to get out of this division. Stoke got out of the Championship and stayed up for 10 seasons through basically signing 5 decent players on loan. Not sure they worried too much about resale value.

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Isn't he a wing back, plays predominantly on the left? Definitely one to keep an eye on for when we make the permanent shift to 3/5 at the back under Warne

He's played quite a few positions, transfermarkt says he's played 12 times on the right and 7 on the left, but fbref has him playing left and right wing in a 4-1-4-1 and both left and right wing back in a 3-4-1-2. Seems pretty versatile. 

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

He's played quite a few positions, transfermarkt says he's played 12 times on the right and 7 on the left, but fbref has him playing left and right wing in a 4-1-4-1 and both left and right wing back in a 3-4-1-2. Seems pretty versatile. 

Hardly a priority we have Ward, Wilson, Foz, Elder and Nyambe.

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

None coming through the Academy then?

I dont see any being ready for Championship football in the next couple of years. I like Moloney and Gill.

Moloney has struggled with injuries over the past few years and needs a solid year at U21 level this season, and follow it up with soke games out on loan next year. He's a former England youth International, but injuries have stalled his progress a lot.

Gill is still only a first year scholar but played a lot for the U18s last season. As long as he continues to progress, he'll need a full season in the U21s next season, with loans out the season after.

I would have Cox pencilled in as first team backup in the LCB position next season. He's very well suited to the way Warne wanted Cashin to play at the start of the season.