Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

32 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Cheers I feel like most of my posts are. I just can’t be dealing with every week of your love In for warne even when gets things wrong and just blame the players. How about a bit of blaming them both 

I openly stated in this thread that I don't think he's the right man. I'm just providing some balance by also reviewing the players performances or lack of too. I have done on this thread exactly what you alledge that I don't.

Try reading what I say before throwing out petty jibes.

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I openly stated in this thread that I don't think he's the right man. I'm just providing some balance by also reviewing the players performances or lack of too. I have done on this thread exactly what you alledge that I don't.

Try reading what I say before throwing out petty jibes.

Therein lies part of the problem with this forum at the moment. There are certain (not all and not naming names) anti Warne posters that are so blinkered that they cannot seem to accept that PW isn't always the only one to blame for our woes and anyone that suggest that is labelled a Warne lover.

There maybe members at the other end of the spectrum that can see no wrong in PW but I'm struggling to think of any. 😀

3 minutes ago, Justa said:

One thing I think we can agree on is that Warne is the most divisive manager we have had for some time !

Although I suppose in the MM era we never got the chance to be divisive as they were sacked so quickly.

Big difference I think was that getting out of the championship was seen by most of us as a bonus. Getting out of league one is seen as a minimum requirement. Therefore Warne is open to much more crisicism when it looks like promotion is unlikely to happen.

Edited by oodledoodle

35 minutes ago, Justa said:

One thing I think we can agree on is that Warne is the most divisive manager we have had for some time !

Although I suppose in the MM era we never got the chance to be divisive as they were sacked so quickly.

its the inconsistency, when it looks like hes lost the plot we pull out a timely win and when it looks like hes cracked it, we perform terribly leaving us in this no-mans zone of achieving the bare minimum we should.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Therein lies part of the problem with this forum at the moment. There are certain (not all and not naming names) anti Warne posters that are so blinkered that they cannot seem to accept that PW isn't always the only one to blame for our woes and anyone that suggest that is labelled a Warne lover.

There maybe members at the other end of the spectrum that can see no wrong in PW but I'm struggling to think of any. 😀

Why do you think that is? 😄

28 minutes ago, alram said:

its the inconsistency, when it looks like hes lost the plot we pull out a timely win and when it looks like hes cracked it, we perform terribly leaving us in this no-mans zone of achieving the bare minimum we should.

I actually think we're incredibly consistent - there are certain types of games we do well in, and certain types of games we do badly in.  There's obviously been a bit of up and down with form etc - the good run last season vs the slow start this season - but by and large, you can tell how well we're going to do in a given game by how the opposition set up against us.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Yeah I noticed this last night, not a fan of warnes and think we probably need a change. Some people seem to now equate every problem with warne and totally absolve the players of any responsibility.

similarly sibley is being turned into Lionel Messi by some, I agree he’s talented but had a lot of chances now and never made himself a guaranteed starter. And I realise people will show me assist stats etc, but from watching games sibley has to do more. He’s not the only one in that regard.

Just now, Rich3478 said:

Yeah I noticed this last night, not a fan of warnes and think we probably need a change. Some people seem to now equate every problem with warne and totally absolve the players of any responsibility.

similarly sibley is being turned into Lionel Messi by some, I agree he’s talented but had a lot of chances now and never made himself a guaranteed starter. And I realise people will show me assist stats etc, but from watching games sibley has to do more. He’s not the only one in that regard.

That is because Warne is the one in charge. If a player isn't performing then take him off, don't pick him, make changes. In the end Warne has had two transfer windows and 12? new players. Who else should we congratulate?

3 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Indeed they do. What also seems to be happening quite a bit is we keep churning out poor performances. Especially after we think we’ve turned a corner.

2 steps forward, one step back.

I'm not unduly worried as we keeping having shots both on and off target. I'll start worrying when we stop having occasion to shoot.

What we do need to do is get way more efficient with our shots.

Over the 2 ties we had 46 shots. 28% of them were on target. We scored from 6.5% of our shots (24% of our shots on target went in) 

Over the 2 ties CA had 17 shots. 76% of them were on target. CA scored from 29.4% of their shots (38.4% of CA shots on target went in)

They created much less but were way, way more efficient with what they created. They had 17 shots over 2 games and 13 of them on target. Impressive. We had 13 on target from 46 shots. Somewhat less impressive than them.

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That is because Warne is the one in charge. If a player isn't performing then take him off, don't pick him, make changes. In the end Warne has had two transfer windows and 12? new players. Who else should we congratulate?

Fair point about substituting players that aren’t performing (although there is of course a limit to how many substitutions can be made) but does that mean you finally concede that players may actually be partially responsible? No, I thought not. “I’m playing crap but it’s not my fault, you shouldn’t have picked me or you should have replaced me”.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Fair point about substituting players that aren’t performing (although there is of course a limit to how many substitutions can be made) but does that mean you finally concede that players may actually be partially responsible? No, I thought not. “I’m playing crap but it’s not my fault, you shouldn’t have picked me or you should have replaced me”.

What are you on about. The players are wholly responsible for their performance. But the manager is the one who chooses the squad, buy the players, coaches the players, sets up the team, chooses the tactics, etc etc. The players are implementing it but is it their fault if the plan is s***?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What are you on about. The players are wholly responsible for their performance. But the manager is the one who chooses the squad, buy the players, coaches the players, sets up the team, chooses the tactics, etc etc. The players are implementing it but is it their fault if the plan is s***?

It’s their fault if they execute the plan, however crap that may be, badly. I wasn’t at the game last night and neither were you but, by all accounts (looking at the comments and the player ratings) most didn’t play particularly well. 

Only yesterday you were stating that there is no shared responsibility - it all on PW. I’m not sure if you’ve now changed your opinion. I don’t think anyone is suggesting PW got things right last night or is completely (or even remotely convinced) by his ability and tactics but you can’t in it all on PW as you seem to be trying to do.

It’s quite telling that you have been far more vocal following last nights defeat than you were following the win on Saturday. 

Edited by Tamworthram

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

The biggest issue is that a lot of the players we have are just not capable of doing the job that Warne wants them doing, they were mostly signed to do different jobs in a completely different setup.  Hourihane is not a mobile midfield enforcer, Sibley and Barkhuizen are not flying wingers that can cross, Collins is not a big physical target-man that you can play off, Bird and Smith are not a box-to-box midfielders etc etc etc.  A fair few of the players we've signed this summer seem to fall into this category too, which is even more worrying.

If we keep setting up in ways that require Sibley to hit the byline and cross, or Hourihane to dominate midfield on his own, or Smith to make runs into the box to support the striker etc, then both the team are going to struggle and the players themselves are going to look bad.  Those players are never going to be able to do those things.

So there are 3 options - we replace most of the squad with different players, the manager has a change of heart and completely changes tack, or we get a new manager.  I don't see anything improving until one of those things happens.