January Reinforcements

sage

5 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Any contract can be signed in advance; it’s just it’s terms only come into effect on its activation date.

Like buying a house. You SIGN and exchange contracts before the day you actually buy the house.

CBT will have signed two contracts: one to cover his loan and one (probably dated July 1st) to cover his services once the loan expires.

Playing contracts have to be lodged with the League, but only once they are active. And a player’s registration is different to their contract and will remain with the ‘owning’ club while the player is under contract terms, or is mutually agreed to be transferred. 

That’s not technically true. Traditionally, you can’t sign a pre-contract with another team from England in the January prior to the end of your contract in July. You could only do that with a team outside of England. 

Now, in this case, who knows how it’s been worked. Maybe because the loan has been agreed that that has too, somehow. Or, maybe it’s simply just been agreed that a permanent transfer happens just prior to the end of his contract and that value is £0. 

Why can’t we all just be pleased we’ve signed a player for a fee, albeit a loan fee instead of analysing how it might or might be structured.  Maybe it’s a legacy from mad Mel.  We’re no longer run by someone who got a bit lucky in the IT world, we’re now run by, in my opinion, a sensible businessman.

Lets just enjoy it as another step on the road to being run like a “normal” football club.

24 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Why can’t we all just be pleased we’ve signed a player for a fee, albeit a loan fee instead of analysing how it might or might be structured.  Maybe it’s a legacy from mad Mel.  We’re no longer run by someone who got a bit lucky in the IT world, we’re now run by, in my opinion, a sensible businessman.

Lets just enjoy it as another step on the road to being run like a “normal” football club.

Just trying to use this bit of info to assess whether we have funds for anybody else

12 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

He did all right on Saturday, and he could affect the game in his Number 10 position if we used the midfield for more than just a vehicle to transport the ball out to the wing at the first opportunity. We slag Max Bird off for the same reason on this forum.

I never slag Max off and can see he is a far better  player than Sibley. This is something that a succession of Derby managers clearly agree with. But I agree with your other comments, if we played through midfield more often then anyone in a central 10 position could affect the game far more

17 minutes ago, S8TY said:

If we are letting Brown go on loan to Gateshead we must get a striker in as only leaves us with Collo and TJJ

It does look like we could use the cover given the injuries to Waghorn and Washington, I wouldn’t be against seeing Barkhuizen or NML through the middle in a short term/emergency capacity now we have Blackett-Taylor as well as Wilson or Ward as wide options, but a natural striker as a third option would be good. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

That’s not technically true. Traditionally, you can’t sign a pre-contract with another team from England in the January prior to the end of your contract in July. You could only do that with a team outside of England. 

Now, in this case, who knows how it’s been worked. Maybe because the loan has been agreed that that has too, somehow. Or, maybe it’s simply just been agreed that a permanent transfer happens just prior to the end of his contract and that value is £0. 

As I understand it, the issue isn't so much with signing the pre-contract, it's with approaching the player in the first place.  Tapping-up rules prevent you from speaking to a player from another club without their permission.  At least until the proper process in May has been gone through and they become free agents anyway.  In this case, Charlton are happy for us to speak to him and agree the pre-contract, so we have done.

From my source it’s estimated across both transfer pots is roughly £1m 

£300k from loan pot = £200k left 

£200k loan fee 

£500k transfer fee 

It’s expected that derby will either return with an improved loan fee for smith - Wednesday apparently want obligation to buy Derby aren’t interested in this

as for alternatives Warne Is keen on a couple of prem loans. 

Moxon is still a target as is Arblaster a new name being talked about is Daniel Crowley at Notts apparently recommended by Mcgolderick 

54 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Quite the opposite, I can see through your veneer, I just feel sorry for those who can’t and believe your trivia

You are the one making personal comments, I just commented about the 'different' way of signing CBT.

Perhaps you are too young to remember Ian Storey Moore - look up our history. No-one has signed until they are able to. CBT cannot enter into a permanent contract with DCFC unless we buy him now or wait until his contract with Charlton ends/enters the final month.

I'm sure we all believe that CBT is our player, just like we cheered Moore on the BBG pitch. 😄

The agreement with Charlton is for a loan to the end of the season followed by a free transfer. The loan will finish after the play off final date and the free transfer will take place as soon as the transfer window opens middle of June. CBT will be contracted to Charlton to 30th June, so I don't see a problem. It's not as if we're waiting for him to become a free agent at the end of his current contract. Plenty of players are 'signed' by a new club before the window officially opens.

35 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

From my source it’s estimated across both transfer pots is roughly £1m 

£300k from loan pot = £200k left 

£200k loan fee 

£500k transfer fee 

It’s expected that derby will either return with an improved loan fee for smith - Wednesday apparently want obligation to buy Derby aren’t interested in this

as for alternatives Warne Is keen on a couple of prem loans. 

Moxon is still a target as is Arblaster a new name being talked about is Daniel Crowley at Notts apparently recommended by Mcgolderick 

But this is flexible but that’s why we have to be really resourceful. Say we bought Moxon for £400k that’s 100k left plus 200k in loans that potentially could be either 300k loan fee or £400 k for wages for a brilliant out of contract player 

44 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Just need Craig Bryson to enter a time machine and come back then pretty sure we'll go up automatically.

I think a midfielder who can score goals and be creative and be very influential is the signing that would take us to another level

This is where I'd be spending our money , I really don't like how teams seem to go straight through a non existent centre midfield at times

but playing 3 rather than 2 in there would help a CM who could chip in with 8-10 goals a season would be brilliant 

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I think a midfielder who can score goals and be creative and be very influential is the signing that would take us to another level

This is where I'd be spending our money , I really don't like how teams seem to go straight through a non existent centre midfield at times

but playing 3 rather than 2 in there would help a CM who could chip in with 8-10 goals a season would be brilliant 

Hourihane has that potential I’d push him as a 10 

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You are the one making personal comments, I just commented about the 'different' way of signing CBT.

Perhaps you are too young to remember Ian Storey Moore - look up our history. No-one has signed until they are able to. CBT cannot enter into a permanent contract with DCFC unless we buy him now or wait until his contract with Charlton ends/enters the final month.

I'm sure we all believe that CBT is our player, just like we cheered Moore on the BBG pitch. 😄

As I attended my first match in 1963 (and not senile yet!) I think I might have a bit more grey hair than you, maybe not.

Storey-Moore was a typical Brian Clough attempt to crash in on a transfer. Forest were never going to let him come to Derby.

Your comment was "What if he changes his mind when his contract runs out with Charlton?" - raising doubts that he may not sign. No one, apart from the Club know what he has or hasn't signed, nor what fee/loan fee has been paid.

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The Forest board refused to sign the transfer agreement, that's why that didn't go through.

In the case of CBT, it appears that the two clubs have reached an agreement for a Temporary Loan Transfer with a Loan Fee being paid by Derby, and DCFC and CBT have agreed a binding Contract to come into force after the expiry of the player's Charlton contract. Charlton must also have agreed to this for the EFL to ratify the loan transfer. It's no different to a "loan with agreement to buy" deal - everything done with the consent of all interested parties. 

Looks like we’ll be going back in for Smith then. Warne obviously rates him and he seemingly would like to move with not playing as regularly as he’d like to be at his age, and having played under Warne before 🦒. Maybe trying to force the issue a little with going public 

47 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Yeah agreed as mentioned below maybe we just need a solid CDM at the side of Bird then push CH further up. If we don't sort our midfield it could be our downfall imo, we get overrun especially later in games.