January Reinforcements

sage

4 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

From a trawl of LinkedIn, the first team scouting setup:

John O'Dwyer - 25 years as a scout for Southend, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Crewe, Cardiff and Cheltenham. Joined Derby last January from Crewe. 

Alan Dawson - Old school again, 25 years as a scout for Bournemouth, Leicester, Leeds, Luton, Sheffield United, Bury, Crawley, Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Sunderland. Joined Derby December 2022. 

James Fazackerley - Mark Thomas signing, was at Oxford 8 years, previously Birmingham and Leicester.

Robin Krasniqi - 25 year old Austrian, working from Spain, European scout. Mark Thomas signing from Oxford. 

The last one interested me. A few snippets from his LinkedIn page...

Whilst studying, shadowing different departments of League One Club Oxford United FC as an informal intern, before starting a formal internship as a Recruitment Analyst/Scout under the supervision of Head of Recruitment Mark Thomas.

Coaching staff at Croatian 1. HNL team NK Osijek as their Performance and Opposition Analyst. 

Derby County FC as First Team Scout, focusing on live and video scouting.

Since September 2023, additionally working for Rayo Vallecano as the Assistant Coach for their Juvenil C (U17) to gain practical experience for the upcoming UEFA-C exam.

5 minutes ago, ryanjohno94 said:

We got ours when he signed for Swansea don't think we'll get anything 

There would be a trickle down, although small, it'll be something. Swansea would make more money on their own sell on clauses with Plymouth, which would trickle down to our sell on clauses. 

Easy rough numbers pulled out of the air. We sell for a £1m plus 10% profit sell on. Swansea sell for £1.5m plus 10% profit sell on, we get an extra £50k. Plymouth sell for £15m, Swansea get £1.35m, we get an extra £135k. 

I guess it pays for a third or so of Blackett Taylor if the transfers go through. 

33 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

There would be a trickle down, although small, it'll be something. Swansea would make more money on their own sell on clauses with Plymouth, which would trickle down to our sell on clauses. 

Easy rough numbers pulled out of the air. We sell for a £1m plus 10% profit sell on. Swansea sell for £1.5m plus 10% profit sell on, we get an extra £50k. Plymouth sell for £15m, Swansea get £1.35m, we get an extra £135k. 

I guess it pays for a third or so of Blackett Taylor if the transfers go through. 

I think the sell on clause only applies on the first transfer not any subsequent ones. 

34 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

No there is no flow through.

Seeing as now have a Spanish-based scout, I wondered if he might be looking at Ager Aketxe in the attacking midfield role? Takes a mean Idiakez-style freekick, and his contract's up at the end of the season. A 30 year old who's played in the MLS for Toronto but is currently with Eibar in the Spanish second division. Our last signing from them was a huge success! 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Seeing as now have a Spanish-based scout, I wondered if he might be looking at Ager Aketxe in the attacking midfield role? Takes a mean Idiakez-style freekick, and his contract's up at the end of the season. A 30 year old who's played in the MLS for Toronto but is currently with Eibar in the Spanish second division. Our last signing from them was a huge success! 🤣🤣🤣

Well he's seemingly used to playing and performing in front of large crowds, so that's a tick in Warne's checklist. Being in the second division, I assume that's affordable to us especially on a free. Only snag, could he be mates with Albentosa who might put him off Derby?

Playing wise, what a left foot the boy has for shooting!

44 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

IMG_3474.thumb.png.efab80d768db07c441cebfd656e27af3.png

a Derby fan posted this on Twitter. No idea if it’s any way reliable.

No chance of signing 5 players this window. At max we will get 3, and that is most likely pushing it. A centre mid should be priority