Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

10 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

We lost one match  , no biggie , on we go ......

As above, some have made up their mind and nothing Derby do under PW will change that.

No coincidence that the post count increases quite considerably for some posters when we lose. Having said that I hated way Rowett played, however still didn't want him sacked, would rather he was successful because that means we are 😊

Doing well results wise.
Top left graph: target is above the orange line, which is relative to this season only. We're only 3 points off the pace. 15 points from the next 6 games would put us on track
Top right: our overall ppg trend with Warne as our manager
Bottom left: 12 game rolling average points. The target is to hover close to the orange line. We've been above it for 9 out of the last 12 games.
Bottom right: 6 game rolling average points. the target is to hover close to the orange line. We've been above it for 10 out of the last 11 games.

They all show a general improvement since our first few games of the season. At which point I stated it would be important which way results went from there so it's extremely pleasing to see the improvement.

image.thumb.png.a8b1b0028aef3b7f51d61773aff413da.png

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is it possible to actually voice a negative, pessimistic or even really any alternative opinion to the (for want of a better word) "pro-Warne" narrative without "contributing to the negative dialogue"?

I agree that there are those who simply don't like him and will jump on any bad moment to use against him. 

But it also really concerns me when reasonable criticisms are just shouted down as "moaning", "wrist slashing" and other such terms.

If we are not given a space to criticise and debate managers/players/owners you can end up with a situation where they are essentially allowed to get away with murder and anyone trying to criticise them just gets shouted down. See: Mel Morris.

FYI because I've made some comments about his play and our last game, it isn't that I 'simply don't like him' - that emphasis is important because you are coming across with that comment as suggesting that all my points about Warne are based on nothing but dislike!

11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is it possible to actually voice a negative, pessimistic or even really any alternative opinion to the (for want of a better word) "pro-Warne" narrative without "contributing to the negative dialogue"?

I agree that there are those who simply don't like him and will jump on any bad moment to use against him. 

But it also really concerns me when reasonable criticisms are just shouted down as "moaning", "wrist slashing" and other such terms.

If we are not given a space to criticise and debate managers/players/owners you can end up with a situation where they are essentially allowed to get away with murder and anyone trying to criticise them just gets shouted down. See: Mel Morris.

Yes, by showcasing nuance within the comments. The discourse about youth progression I thought was fair game- I may disagree, but I can understand those that want more youth progression and why they don't believe this is a priority under Warne.

On the balance of things recently, there isn't much to criticise Warne for. We've been the best team in the league for the last couple of months. The positives he's overseen more than mitigate any negatives. When we lose though, it feels like this balanced perspective goes out the window for some and go straight back to the doom and gloom.

Sonny Bradley passively aggressively liking tweets openly criticising him last week made me sad. Why are some fans hellbent on publicly trashing our own staff? Completely counter-intuitive.

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

FYI because I've made some comments about his play and our last game, it isn't that I 'simply don't like him' - that emphasis is important because you are coming across with that comment as suggesting that all my points about Warne are based on nothing but dislike!

If I'm honest Roy I wasn't even thinking of you when I made that comment. I was thinking more of those more commonly found on Twitter.

Perhaps the fact that you saw that, and thought it was about you, should give you pause for reflection, though?

Edited by Nuwtfly

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

If I'm honest Roy I wasn't even thinking of you when I made that comment. I was thinking more of those more commonly found on Twitter.

Perhaps the fact that you saw that, and thought it was about you, should give you pause for reflection, though?

No. You are wrong.

Edited by RoyMac5

4 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Yes, by showcasing nuance within the comments. The discourse about youth progression I thought was fair game- I may disagree, but I can understand those that want more youth progression and why they don't believe this is a priority under Warne.

On the balance of things recently, there isn't much to criticise Warne for. We've been the best team in the league for the last couple of months. The positives he's overseen more than mitigate any negatives. When we lose though, it feels like this balanced perspective goes out the window for some and go straight back to the doom and gloom.

Sonny Bradley passively aggressively liking tweets openly criticising him last week made me sad. Why are some fans hellbent on publicly trashing our own staff? Completely counter-intuitive.

Why are you projecting Twitter idiocy onto reasonable posters on here? 

Always a laugh when this thread gets resurrected after a bad result. I think the funniest thing is that it usually gets resurrected by a pro-Warne poster getting angry at what they imagine someone else might be thinking

"Grrr... I bet this thread will be swarming with non-believers any moment"

*hits submit reply to bump to the top of the forum*

7 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

If that's true about Sonny Bradley, I'd have him dropped from the squad and training with the youth team

He's been a massive disappointment for saying he wanted to come in as captain and his bad performances were one of the main reasons Warne went to a back 4. I'm glad cashin may be having his contract extended he is a future derby captain and will look brighter if we can get promoted with him 

Edited by TheRamOfSwad

48 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Always a laugh when this thread gets resurrected after a bad result. I think the funniest thing is that it usually gets resurrected by a pro-Warne poster getting angry at what they imagine someone else might be thinking

"Grrr... I bet this thread will be swarming with non-believers any moment"

*hits submit reply to bump to the top of the forum*

Indeed.  By people who think they are better fans for not being critical of the manager or who seem to take personal offence over said criticism.  Strange behaviour for adults either way.

11 hours ago, sage said:

but it wasn't on here was it? 

Which bit ? Posters criticising players / managers after a loss ?

I mean you don't really need examples of that do you ?

It's a forum I get it, people's opinions and all that, but one loss in months and boom, let's dig out Bird, or bring the Warne out thread back to life...etc.

32 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Which bit ? Posters criticising players / managers after a loss ?

I mean you don't really need examples of that do you ?

It's a forum I get it, people's opinions and all that, but one loss in months and boom, let's dig out Bird, or bring the Warne out thread back to life...etc.

The tweets obviously. Why use them to belittle posters on here. 

The Warne Out thread revival was an obvious joke.

Some fans will always scapegoat someone. Bird seeks to have (unfairly) taken over from Ward who took over from Collins who between them gave Bradley a holiday.

As you say everyone is entitled to an opinion. As long as its constructive, criticising players and managers are a vital part of the forum. It's a discussion arena. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

The tweets obviously. Why use them to belittle posters on here. 

As you say everyone is entitled to an opinion. As long as its constructive, criticising players and managers are a vital part of the forum. It's a discussion arena. 

How were they used to belittle anyone? It was part of a larger point about the mentality of those wanting to publicly criticise, irregardless of the medium through which that criticism is voiced. 

The strange part is you go on to explicitly agree with me below... For criticism to be constructive, it has to showcase nuance. This doesn't apply to some comments about Bradley i've read on here, so the point still stands, even if his 'outburst' was on a different platform.

Just now, YorkshireRam said:

How were they used to belittle anyone? It was part of a larger point about the mentality of those wanting to publicly criticise, irregardless of the medium through which that criticism is voiced. 

The strange part is you go on to explicitly agree with me below... For criticism to be constructive, it has to showcase nuance. This doesn't apply to some comments about Bradley i've read on here, so the point still stands, even if his 'outburst' was on a different platform.

My point is extreme examples are used to try and silence any critique.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

My point is extreme examples are used to try and silence any critique.

Which I haven't done at any stage, I've actually been fairly careful in pointing out proper criticism always has its place. But a reminder that footballer's are human, and experience emotional responses to public criticism is important. I think it's easy to forget how public some online spaces are, and that awareness was what I was alluding to. If people had a quick thought of ''what if the subject of my post sees this?'', would they phrase things quite as harshly maybe? 

Essentially this: 😂image.thumb.png.ecfbcbcebb80c22bd8f18bff811f7688.png