Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We've not spent a penny in the last 2 transfer windows.

Crewe were a second tier club at the turn of the century.

They were a club that had a reputation for a fantastic youth system which produced many top level players.

Yes, we've both not spent any fees, but we've spent more on wages. 

They were last in the Championship 16 years ago, which is a long time.

They did have a good youth system. Sold quite a few to Derby as well. 

I'm not sure what you're arguing. Are you saying Derby and Crewe are on a somewhat level playing field? I just cant accept that. We were outplayed by them in both games. They only had 12 players available in the first game. 

1 minute ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I'm not sure what you're arguing. Are you saying Derby and Crewe are on a somewhat level playing field? I just cant accept that. We were outplayed by them in both games. They only had 12 players available in the first game. 

Not sure they outplayed us in the first game to be fair.

8 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

About 6.5k . However the 800 Crewe fans made a hell of a noise . Including “Your grounds too big for you , can we play you every week and football in a library “. Us few in the South stand did our best to lift the lads.

We’re in such a mess, we might well be still around but this is just sad.

im just apathetic to it now, i dont think Warne is right and i dont think clowes has the cash we need, ive got a horrible feeling we’re becoming an established 3rd tier club. 

8 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

Wilson, Ward, Nelson, Bradley, Vickers, Elder, Waghorn, Washington, Loach, Nyambe, Fornah, are all playing for free are they?

No but I think most football fans know that when we talk about giving a manager money to spend we are talking about transfer kitty.

If we are talking about wages budget then you also need to knock off the wages that have been saved by departing players such as Knight who was one of our highest earners...

8 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I don't really know where Crewe are at in their project, how long their team has been together, how many of their players have come through their youth system etc

Of course on paper I'm sure we have a better team.

These results happen in cup games I'm afraid, always have, always will. Its just a shame its happened to us now when (a) we could probably do with the funds from a cup run and; (b) the pile on brigade were waiting with their knives sharpened, still seething from us beating Barnsley at the weekend 

8 hours ago, dantheram said:

im just apathetic to it now, i dont think Warne is right and i dont think clowes has the cash we need, ive got a horrible feeling we’re becoming an established 3rd tier club. 

Perhaps we are, perhaps we aren't. I take it a match at a time. If we win our next league game, that will be 3 in a row. Something to hopefully build on. All clubs have their ups and their downs. We're currently at the bottom of our downswing (hopefully).

8 hours ago, dantheram said:

Surely it's a positive if you think we are in such a mess and still potentially in the play off places if we win our game in hand?

As for whether Clowes has the funds, Plymouth Argyle owner has a net worth of around £70m, David Clowes estimated at £250m

Edited by G STAR RAM

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If they are a 3rd choice goalkeeper at League One level, I'm going to suspect that their wages aren't breaking the bank.

I was speaking to a Matlock Towns players Dad on Saturday while at BTFC, He was telling me that Matlock have a player who earns £750 a week at his job and £500 a week playing for Matlock.

Managers/coaches were/are monitoring him with clubs from the GM Vauxhall conference and maybe league 2, Unless they came up with £2k a week he's not interested, Not a clue on how much Crewe pay their players...would £2k a week be about right 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

I was speaking to a Matlock Towns players Dad on Saturday while at BTFC, He was telling me that Matlock have a player who earns £750 a week at his job and £500 a week playing for Matlock.

Managers/coaches were/are monitoring him with clubs from the GM Vauxhall conference and maybe league 2, Unless they came up with £2k a week he's not interested, Not a clue on how much Crewe pay their players...would £2k a week be about right 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely nothing to base this on but I wouldn't expect a 3rd choice League One goalkeeper to be on that much.

May show that I'm out of touch of course.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't really know where Crewe are at in their project, how long their team has been together, how many of their players have come through their youth system etc

Of course on paper I'm sure we have a better team.

These results happen in cup games I'm afraid, always have, always will. Its just a shame its happened to us now when (a) we could probably do with the funds from a cup run and; (b) the pile on brigade were waiting with their knives sharpened, still seething from us beating Barnsley at the weekend 

There are some managers who have the skill to motivate their team for cup ties year after year ........  N Clough ?

Warnes management for the important cup competitions this season has been dire and potentially costly.

Your snide comment about the pile on brigade is untrue and ignores the mentality of supporting a team life long. Looking forward to Tuesday's performance with optimism after the excellent performance against Barnsley, most of us will have been severely disappointed listening to the match commentary. Listening to Warne's cod psychology after the game was painful. Where is the ambition in the man? His own comments admit he fails to motivate the team  ..(doesn't know why the players don't follow his instructions) and managers have to take the rap for such inconsistency in performance.

12 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

@YorkshireRamcant hear you. 
200.gif

I could, but my initial response was a bit harsh so I deleted it. That post featured quite a lot of conjecture- ''I feel'', ''I imagine'', it's mostly just negative speculation. I've said a fair few times before I don't really care about these sort of opinions because it's just blind pessimism. For all the ''I imagine Weston feels deflated'', equally he may still be buzzing that he's already scored a senior goal for the club he only signed for in the summer?

If you feel a single cup loss has destroyed any or all momentum we had, then we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree. I've seen us suffer similarly embarrassing cup losses before and go on to have successful seasons overall- I really don't think this defines anything at all.

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

Listening to Warne's cod psychology after the game was painful. Where is the ambition in the man? His own comments admit he fails to motivate the team  ..(doesn't know why the players don't follow his instructions) and managers have to take the rap for such inconsistency in performance.

It's a lack of respect...imo, A good manager in any walk of life will/should know how to get the best from those he/she manages in the workplace, PW comes across as a nice guy who does the nice things, I doubt Steve Evens at Stevenage sugar coats his team talks or drops a player without a stinging rebuke.

I've dealt with managers in my time that wouldn't know how to get the best out of the workforce, Equally I've dealt with managers who do know how to get the best, Reading on here where a poster or 2 have quoted PW as saying if They beat Crewe then they can have extra days holiday, Looking at the result it's tho as they don't want to spend time at home with the family and sooner be at work.

Those 6k Derby fans that turned up I feel for, I wouldn't have gone if it were free, 28k were there against Barnsley who may have bought 3K, So that's 19k Derby fans who couldn't be arsed to turn up for a multitude of reasons, Travel, Work, Family and more...back in the day there would have been 20k plus...I think the attendance is saying something and I'd be concerned if I were DC. 

On 23/10/2023 at 12:21, Jubbs said:

Des Buckingham - doing really well for Mumbai City (within the City Group) who was a former Oxford coach with Wilder, attractive style.

Looks like he's off to Oxford. Will be interested to see how he does.