Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

15 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So, just to clarify, the man who saved this 139 year institution at the heart of a city and surrounding areas from extinction with his money, re-hired colleagues who’s livelihoods had been taken away, worked to rebuild the reputation of the club off the pitch by doing things like donating “sponsorship” to a national charity, is looking to run the club as sustainably as possible to secure its long term future, invested in the upkeep of the stadium after years of neglect (after buying that back too), worked collaboratively with the EFL to rebuild relationships long soured, continued to invest in the academy, realigned the football side to include the women’s team, and probably a few more things I can’t recall that others might ….has failed to match your personal opinion and expectations that Warne isn’t the right man for us right now and therefore should be sacked, so you’re disappointed in him? 

This debate is going to get tedious and boring. Will I always be grateful for saving our club - of course I am. However - how long will this be the rhetoric - 1 more year, 2 more years, 5 more years? As soon as someone criticises his decision to remain with the manager - is this always going to be pulled out? Are you going to pick up on this and say the same thing every time someone says that Stephen Pearce should not be in the club anymore because that is what you're saying.

Personally - I can keep the two things sperate, but you appear to struggle with that concept. I can keep the club being saved different to a decision in the present whereby he has decided to remain with our manager who quite clearly, every poll I see has 60-70% of people wanting him gone for some very clear footballing reasons. Am I not allowed to have that viewpoint?

My wife is disappointed with me that I keep going to Derby games. She can split that view against is she disappointed with me overall? No she isn't. (Well at least I hope not!!!). You can have different opinions on different topics.

17 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I think to say Osula is incredibly harsh. 5 goals and 1 assist in 6 starts. In all competitions for us, he scored 0.65 goals per 90.

I agree, he looked pacy and had an eye for goal. Recalled back because he wasn't getting game time?

Don’t think Clowes was ever sacking him this week, would be too much of a Mel Morris move.

He’s done the right thing by standing up to the Warne Out mob - even if that is now the majority of the fanbase, it still would have sent the wrong message if he’d buckled to fan pressure.

Clowes is the one that saved the club, knows 95% more about what’s going on at the club than we do and knows what the financial implication of turfing out Warne would be

It sounds like he’s giving him an unspecified amount of time to turn it around and treating Warne how we’d all want to be treated if we were in his shoes.

Like Warne or not, this is the right way of doing things. You don’t discard managers after fan backlash - as much as we should be doing so much better than we are.

As far as the football goes, Warne needs to win both of the fixtures this week if he’s ever going to win the lions share of the fans back. As much as I’ve preached patience, I expected we would improve after the international break and a managers job will always be in trouble at DCFC if we’re outside the top six of League One by December

Warne in or Warne out, creating an inhospitable environment for a manager who has just been backed by Clowes would be very disappointing and I hope PP stays positive tonight.

14 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Don’t think Clowes was ever sacking him this week, would be too much of a Mel Morris move.

He’s done the right thing by standing up to the Warne Out mob - even if that is now the majority of the fanbase, it still would have sent the wrong message if he’d buckled to fan pressure.

Clowes is the one that saved the club, knows 95% more about what’s going on at the club than we do and knows what the financial implication of turfing out Warne would be

It sounds like he’s giving him an unspecified amount of time to turn it around and treating Warne how we’d all want to be treated if we were in his shoes.

Like Warne or not, this is the right way of doing things. You don’t discard managers after fan backlash - as much as we should be doing so much better than we are.

As far as the football goes, Warne needs to win both of the fixtures this week if he’s ever going to win the lions share of the fans back. As much as I’ve preached patience, I expected we would improve after the international break and a managers job will always be in trouble at DCFC if we’re outside the top six of League One by December

Warne in or Warne out, creating an inhospitable environment for a manager who has just been backed by Clowes would be very disappointing and I hope PP stays positive tonight.

While caving in to fan backlash is obviously wrong, sacking him after Saturday's game wouldn't have necessarily meant he was caving into fan pressure. The pressure is building because we've been crap, which is going to correlate with an increased likelihood of a sacking.

I don't know if it's possible to tell whether a sacking is due to fan pressure or not tbh.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

31 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This debate is going to get tedious and boring. Will I always be grateful for saving our club - of course I am. However - how long will this be the rhetoric - 1 more year, 2 more years, 5 more years? As soon as someone criticises his decision to remain with the manager - is this always going to be pulled out? Are you going to pick up on this and say the same thing every time someone says that Stephen Pearce should not be in the club anymore because that is what you're saying.

Personally - I can keep the two things sperate, but you appear to struggle with that concept. I can keep the club being saved different to a decision in the present whereby he has decided to remain with our manager who quite clearly, every poll I see has 60-70% of people wanting him gone for some very clear footballing reasons. Am I not allowed to have that viewpoint?

My wife is disappointed with me that I keep going to Derby games. She can split that view against is she disappointed with me overall? No she isn't. (Well at least I hope not!!!). You can have different opinions on different topics.

The point has ways been that criticising the decisions is fair, criticising the man and using insulting terms is not.

That said, I think you could count the number of insulting and inappropriate comments on one Forest fan's hand, but frustratingly those who want Warne gone sometimes  end up being auto-associated with the idiotic comments.

Edited by Kokosnuss

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Things aren't going well at the moment.

I think his cv would suggest he's not as s*** at his job as you think though. 

How do you think you're doing as a supporter of this football club?

I want what's best for this club so by not backing Warne I think I am doing rather well to be honest...

Not backing the manager doesn't make you a bad fan, you can hate the manager and love the club.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

23 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

It must seem strange , when you are a fan , for the manager to come to your house on a Sunday afternoon. It doesn’t sound like David Clowes was in an a rage like a lot of fans . It doesn’t seem like mid-table in Tier 3 is such a disaster for the owner.

How much of this is Warne’s spin on what happened? Think of matches where our performances have been dire, but Warne thinks we played really well. I sometimes wonder what type of glasses Warne is viewing life through.

47 minutes ago, rammieib said:

You’re allowed whatever viewpoint you want, and thank you for replying and further clarifying that viewpoint.

I’m not struggling with any concept, I am struggling with a nasty cold at the moment and in my fatigued and grumpy state last night and earlier today I felt compelled to debate some alternative views to my own. In hindsight I should have just left well alone as it’s no benefit to me or anyone else.
However I’d say I’ve only very rarely been directly dismissive of anyone’s view or approach, as I recognise everyone’s right to an opinion. Much as I’ve expressed my own rationale as clearly as I can in looking to promote a bit of balance on this subject. Just felt like a couple of people’s posts were disproportionately singling Clowes out for what I saw as undue criticism.
My view is at the moment the season and club aren’t doomed, Clowes backs Warne a bit longer, if things improve he’ll carry on backing him and if they don’t Warne ends up gone. I’m able to accept that scenario as I see it, as there’s very little I can do to change it, short of pursuing some of the suggestions I’ve made to affect change, which I’m not interested in currently either way. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree, he looked pacy and had an eye for goal. Recalled back because he wasn't getting game time?

I think at the time Sheffield United were looking at a transfer ban, so they recalled him just in case they needed him. I can't remember the details.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

About the only proper chances he got, say compared to Dobbin? Although I'm guessing and maybe it just seemed Dobbin got better opportunities.

Honestly we have so little pace this season I'd love Dobbin back.

Not that he was without fault but he was a class above any loan Warne's brought in so far.

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Countdown to the first Warne hater telling us that we should be beating Northampton easily and that this is not in anyway a sign that they are impatient and entitled spoiled dimwits who can't bear to deal with the fact that sometimes we might lose a few games

Countdown to "we're winning 3-0 so shut up"

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

It’s not what the owner might think. It’s your stupid opinions about it’s mostly young that want him gone. 

The reason I believe it's mostly young fans is because i cannot think that any supporter of reasoned mind that would think the owner should sack Warne at this current time.

It doesn't make any financial sense whatsoever and fortunately, our owner knows this.

14 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

The reason I believe it's mostly young fans is because i cannot think that any supporter of reasoned mind that would think the owner should sack Warne at this current time.

It doesn't make any financial sense whatsoever and fortunately, our owner knows this.

How old do you have to be before your view is allowed? I've been going to see derby over 30 years, how long do I have to wait?