Derby v Cheltenham (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

47 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No the whole forum is a cliche now.

I could safely predict the replies tonight together with the other members who gave likes to those responses.

From someone whom has suffered with depression all of their lifes mood is what you make of it, if you choose to accentuate the negatives in everything then of course you will be joyless.

But you have determined this outcome.

You're no different from the people you criticise. Making the same posts on every thread bemoaning how terrible the forum has become and how negative everyone is... why don't you practice what you preach and actually mix it up a little bit.

Btw, I couldn't disagree more on the idea that your 'mood is what you make of it'. You can't just will yourself out of feeling miserable. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

You're no different from the people you criticise. Making the same posts on every thread bemoaning how terrible the forum has become and how negative everyone is... why don't you practice what you preach and actually mix it up a little bit.

Btw, I couldn't disagree more on the idea that your 'mood is what you make of it'. You can't just will yourself out of feeling miserable. 

You don't have to disagree with me, there's medical evidence to support that how you think determines your outlook on life.

It's called positive thinking. 

You obviously aren't speaking from a position of authority so best to leave the debate here.

I didn't watch the game or go, so I can't comment on the performance aspect. However, the radio derby interview was bizarre and concerning. He should put his face next to the radio derby logo on the f****** why wall because he shouldn't be doing post-match pressers if he can't sufficiently answer basic questions. More concerning about his lack of reasoning on Sibbo was his revealing why he didn't use the middle of the pitch... because we have quick wingers, and they play 3 at the back. If he played Bird in the middle, Hourihane as a 10, and Waghorn as a CF, the movement and penetration that could have been offered would have disrupted their back 3 making gaps in the middle to take advantage of. If you just keep crossing it in, they can stay in a neat line and defend the space easily. If that's the level the bloke is operating at, I finally know why when teams come to Pride Park with a semblance of a game plan, he can't break them down. Tactically, he sounds clueless and out of his depth managing a professional club. 

On the fans booing, given the performances this season and off the back of last season, people are losing their patience. We're sitting in 8th place, and for many games, we haven't looked like a dominant force. I was hoping Blackpool was a turning corner, but it doesn't sound like it after this. People have paid a lot of money to go and watch a third-division team play. If they've had enough of whatever Warne has decided to serve up I can't say I blame them. The job seems to be getting to him and he doesn't appear to be enjoying himself. Surely a mutual parting of the ways must be considered if there isn't a drastic improvement by Christmas. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You don't have to disagree with me, there's medical evidence to support that how you think determines your outlook on life.

It's called positive thinking. 

You obviously aren't speaking from a position of authority so best to leave the debate here.

I know plenty of trained clinical psychologists who'd say that merely relying upon an 'ability' to set patterns of thinking isn't really enough to alter severe clinical depression which requires a complex regiment of continual therapy/counselling and drug programmes to manage significantly debilitating symptoms. It's one of the reasons why CBT as a catch-all programme is hideously inefficient at dealing with complex cases. Maybe I misunderstood your point though. In any case, it's off-topic.

I didn't watch the game or go, so I can't comment on the performance aspect. However, the radio derby interview was bizarre and concerning. He should put his face next to the radio derby logo on the f****** why wall because he shouldn't be doing post-match pressers if he can't sufficiently answer basic questions. More concerning about his lack of reasoning on Sibbo was his revealing why he didn't use the middle of the pitch... because we have quick wingers, and they play 3 at the back. If he played Bird in the middle, Hourihane as a 10, and Waghorn as a CF, the movement and penetration that could have been offered would have disrupted their back 3 making gaps in the middle to take advantage of. If you just keep crossing it in, they can stay in a neat line and defend the space easily. If that's the level the bloke is operating at, I finally know why when teams come to Pride Park with a semblance of a game plan, he can't break them down. Tactically, he sounds clueless and out of his depth managing a professional club. 

On the fans booing, given the performances this season and off the back of last season, people are losing their patience. We're sitting in 8th place, and for many games, we haven't looked like a dominant force. I was hoping Blackpool was a turning corner, but it doesn't sound like it after this. People have paid a lot of money to go and watch a third-division team play. If they've had enough of whatever Warne has decided to serve up I can't say I blame them. The job seems to be getting to him and he doesn't appear to be enjoying himself. Surely a mutual parting of the ways must be considered if there isn't a drastic improvement by Christmas

Warne strikes me as the type of character that needs to 'feel the love' as it was. If fans both home and away are giving him grief he might just walk.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Warne strikes me as the type of character that needs to 'feel the love' as it was. If fans both home and away are giving him grief he might just walk.

He comes across in interviews and was the same in the pre-season phone in as very prickly if anyone challenges his way of thinking or doing things. I've got no idea if that's what it's like behind the scenes or if he thinks as he's a professional, he's above questioning from fans or reporters. Either way it demonstrates a potentially serious flaw in his man management and character as a coach. 

I know plenty of trained clinical psychologists who'd say that merely relying upon an 'ability' to set patterns of thinking isn't really enough to alter severe clinical depression which requires a complex regiment of continual therapy/counselling and drug programmes to manage significantly debilitating symptoms. It's one of the reasons why CBT as a catch-all programme is hideously inefficient at dealing with complex cases. Maybe I misunderstood your point though. In any case, it's off-topic.

Not off topic. I stated that people on here are dwelling in the perceived negativity as they choose to do so.

No one else is determining their outlook other then themselves. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not off topic. I stated that people on here are dwelling in the perceived negativity as they choose to do so.

No one else is determining their outlook other then themselves. 

My opinion/outlook on our football is determined by what I see on the pitch. What I'm seeing isn't good and no amount of pretending otherwise will change that.

This place is fun tonight! 
If Derby win it makes me happier. When we don’t it doesn’t. 

There have been the usual discussions about how no one can criticise anything because we are  ‘lucky to have a club’ or words to that effect. We are at the same stage after administration as we were under Arthur Cox. I can tell you for a fact we came closer to going out of business then than we did a couple of years ago but he managed to do OK didn’t he.

Paul Warne is out manager now. I don’t think he’s very good. For a comparison, Ipswich hired Paul Cook with an excellent record at this level. I thought it was a great appointment but despite spending money it didn’t work out. Ipswich didn’t wait 4 years, they made the decision and two years later look at them. Sacking a manger isn’t always a negative thing. Sometimes sticking with a manger is a good thing, look at Notts Forest last year. We all have our opinions, who knows who is right. Opinions are valid.

We all want to be happy. We all have opinions.Can’t we just air them, respectfully, on both sides of the argument, without being a knob though. Maybe not but I am tired of reading the same post over and over again. 

9 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

This place is fun tonight! 
If Derby win it makes me happier. When we don’t it doesn’t. 

There have been the usual discussions about how no one can criticise anything because we are  ‘lucky to have a club’ or words to that effect. We are at the same stage after administration as we were under Arthur Cox. I can tell you for a fact we came closer to going out of business then than we did a couple of years ago but he managed to do OK didn’t he.

Paul Warne is out manager now. I don’t think he’s very good. For a comparison, Ipswich hired Paul Cook with an excellent record at this level. I thought it was a great appointment but despite spending money it didn’t work out. Ipswich didn’t wait 4 years, they made the decision and two years later look at them. Sacking a manger isn’t always a negative thing. Sometimes sticking with a manger is a good thing, look at Notts Forest last year. We all have our opinions, who knows who is right. Opinions are valid.

We all want to be happy. We all have opinions.Can’t we just air them, respectfully, on both sides of the argument, without being a knob though. Maybe not but I am tired of reading the same post over and over again. 

The last bit of your post resonates for me - I am tired of reading the same post(s) over and over again 

Was very telling from the guys at BBC Radio Derby on Warne. Normally they are reserved with but with Dominick questioning Warne on being one dimensional and not bringing on an attacking player while Colin and Eric Steele suggesting it’s simple not good enough… they seem fed up as a lot of us do now. Dom’s questions towards Paul were spot on and the overall assessment from the guys was refreshing to hear. Warne couldn’t answer it properly. In terms of tactics, I don’t think I’m the only one who struggles working out what an earth the tactical strategy is. Bird moving from holding to attacking is, not bringing Sibley on, playing out an out of form NML who must be shattered. Only positive is Elder TJJ and Ward will be back with us after the break. It’s too much for Warne to handle. As for the booing, it’s something fans are divided on but we pay good money to watch football and instead I feel like I’m on the verge of keeping my hands up in the air just in case I get hit from the amount of long balls we do.

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

Isn't the real reason that pw is unlikely to be dismissed from the club more connected to the fact that he's on a 4 year contract where there could potentially be a large payout if he leaves from an owner who's already spent a fortune saving the club from bankruptcy.

On top of that the owner seems content to keep the club stable. 

yes, your exactly right. Doesn't mean we should be keeping him though

4 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Paul Warne is out manager now. 

Freudian Slip Police:

”We got a first degree slip on DCFCFans forum… suspect is a canine male belonging to a Buckley, Steve…”

I don’t want Warne out.

I simply want him to see what we all see and that’s our strength is in playing on the deck through midfield utilising the best passsers in the club.

We need three in midfield to do that. 

Bird and Fornah are two, and on balance Smith is better than Hourihane as the third. I’m wondering whether Ward might fill the slot on the right of the three.

Barkhuisen should start and NML is a good sub.

Collins isn’t a footballer. 

Waghorn and Sibley is worth trying.

Why Warne thinks a long ball or aerial crosses is the way forward baffles me..

Still holding out for an epiphany but my candle is flickering.

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

This forum is turning into a totally joyless place.

Thought that with our near extinction there would be now some vestige of positivity, new owner, new manager, new start.

Sadly not.

I wouldn’t go as far as that but there is an unpleasant polarity developing in some places. We seem to have a bit too much of a Corbyn V Thatcher thing going on between some. If you don’t appreciate or belong to a particular camp that sees things like you do then conversation becomes pretty painful. I don’t want everyone to agree with me but there is a stridency and stubbornness in the opposition that is very one eyed and inflexible.