Derby v Cheltenham (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What does a decent football team look like?

We had 62% possession today, 18 shots of which 8 were on target. 

First half performance was quite poor, second half was fine but didn't quite get what we deserved.

I'm becoming confused by what people actually want.

When we were supposedly playing hoofball, fans wanted us to control the ball more, today we've done that and created chances but people are still calling it poor?

I didn't think we had much control.  Aside from the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half when Bird ran the show I thought we were poor on the ball.  Too many long punts from the back and overhit passes / crosses.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

It's actually 15 career goals and 6 assists in the equivalent to 75 90s.

When you ignore the games played at LB, LM, RM or even CF, those stats are roughly 12 goals and 4 assists in 41 90s.

Not sure why you would ignore games other than LB?

1 minute ago, Blondest Goat said:

I didn't think we had much control.  Aside from the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half when Bird ran the show I thought we were poor on the ball.  Too many long punts from the back and overhit passes / crosses.

Warne is telling the players to play that way. He isn't interested in actual football.

1 minute ago, Blondest Goat said:

I didn't see many long punts at all.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh come one, it's been over a year and two transfer windows and we look worse than when he came in. We have a good budget and the ability to sign players for a fee. All the 'remember what happened' 'we're lucky to have a club' is loooong looong past. I remember the other times we were lucky to have a club, it happens, we got over it.

So social media and the itks tell us

how many fees did we actually pay ? 

were still under a strict 2 year business plan . The details of which only clowes , warn , pearce and the efl know 

Edited by NottsRam77

1 minute ago, Topram said:

More time to get over it… is it literally going to be every poor result the same people will call for Warnes head? Great result Tuesday poor today couple hours over it move on.. he isn’t going to be gone so just back him whilst he’s here. Annoying but we move on good support would help 

Many people are trapped in unhappy marriages as they can't afford to split up and bring up the kids in 2 households. I fear this is where we are. Once the magic has gone... 

19 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Unbeaten in 6 

4 points from 2 away games and its meltdown city 

good f****** grief ..parts of this fanbase 🙄🙈

It's league 1 and we look like a bang average league 1 side with a few quality players like Cashin and Waghorn making us look decent for this league at times. Fans aren't going to be happy with anything but dominance most weeks in this dog s*** league the performances alot of the time lack control and  show us to be at the same level of dross as your teams like Burton and Cheltenham we never dominate only out finish and show more in the final third sometimes.

We are closer to non league level than Premier league under Warne .

Edited by Marriot Ram99

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What does a decent football team look like?

We had 62% possession today, 18 shots of which 8 were on target. 

First half performance was quite poor, second half was fine but didn't quite get what we deserved.

I'm becoming confused by what people actually want.

When we were supposedly playing hoofball, fans wanted us to control the ball more, today we've done that and created chances but people are still calling it poor?

I believe what most people want is either to pick up good results and/or to play good football - which we did for much of the second half, as you say, with plenty of control over the ball.

What was poor was the first half and the final result on paper.

What I feel was also questionable was the team selection/formation and the decision to move Bird from a position where he was absolutely bossing the midfield for 20 minutes.

Also, acknowledging that we created chances doesn't disqualify someone's right to say it's poor that we didn't win. For example, we created chances but the players selected to convert them aren't/weren't good enough to do so. Personally I think NML and Collins could have done better with 2 chances in particular, but at the same time their goalie was a decent shot-stopper and did well.

Not sure there's anything to be confused about in all that. The question remains, for everyone individually, what is the standard you believe you're entitled to expect, and how well do you believe PW and his staff are meeting that standard? Whether you actually are so entitled, or just "entitled", is another matter.

its just the zone we are in that is frustrating

you dont know where we are as a club, we are doing the bare minimum to keep plugging along so you have no idea whether the season is turning into a good one or a bad one

for me my biggest issue is we seeem to have no control in games. somebody posted at half time we had a 66% pass completion rate, sorry but thats not acceptable at any level nevermind the context of that game. 

we simply have to look after the ball better if we are going to become a side capable of challenging. i think the table is kind to what we have been served up so far this season, hopefully now performances get better. DWDWD in our last 5 games, if we match that will be okay but it does feel like pulling teeth at the minute

Here we go!!! Our toxic fan base out in force. I normally credit the away fans who follow them everywhere, amazing support and dedication which I just can’t do due to family and justifying the expense to my wife. However if there has been toxicity towards Warne today then the culprits should hang their heads in shame. You’ve been treated to 4 wins in 6 away games!! An amazing performance against Blackpool. 4 points from this week is a good return, the other way around winning today and drawing against Blackpool and everyone would be happy. 

First half wasn’t good enough, second half we created the chances to win but didn’t take them. Decent performance and no coincidence Bird was at the heart of it, the manager said afterwards he’s managing him carefully, it would be a disaster to lose him to injury again. 

Home games are the problem not today. We were s**** against Carlisle and won 2-0, we were better today and drew. Cheltenham have been creating chances not taking them. It was inevitable it would be us but we still should’ve won the game. Frustrating yes, but doesnt warrant the gargantuan overreaction from those who to be Frank, are waiting for anything fitting their narrative to pounce.

im not a Warne defender, just seeking balance. 

1 minute ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

It's league 1 and we look like a bang average league 1 side with a few quality players like Cashin and Waghorn making us look decent for this league at time. Fans aren't going to be happy with anything but dominance most weeks in this dog s*** league the performances show us to be at the same level of dross as your teams like Burton and Cheltenham we never dominate only out finish and show more in the final third sometimes.

I'm not looking to knock Waghorn (although I do think he's not in our best XI on current form) but are you trapped in August and need help getting out?

22 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Unbeaten in 6 

4 points from 2 away games and its meltdown city 

good f****** grief ..parts of this fanbase 🙄🙈

Were you there today? I was, and apart from 15 minutes or so at the start of the second half it was poor; the same old same old. Ball pumped out wide, midfield bypassed, crosses into the box to no-one then rinse and repeat. NML was virtually non existent on the left as was Kane Wilson later. This against the worst team in the EFL, a team so bad they have broken records. Honestly if you really think todays performance can be defended you are just being deliberately obtuse. 

Edited by Jayram

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many did Warne want to pay?

??? Bit of silly question mate

Managers are like politicians , in it for the now .. theyre the ones that get judged for the moment .

if warne had fees available to him to recruit better he or any other manager would have used them .. fact

u think he signed free bs just for a good laugh ?? Really?  .. cmon mate ur better than that 

1 minute ago, jameso said:

I'm not looking to knock Waghorn (although I do think he's not in our best XI on current form) but are you trapped in August and need help getting out?

He is a good player for this league, needs players around him as he hasn't got pace or agility but with service and not playing with Collins he is above this level.