Derby v Cheltenham (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I can understand why individuals frustrate you the most but for me it was the flatness of the first half that then put the players under pressure to perform which goes a little way to explaining why they were so bad with their quality in the final third. 

Hear you, I also get it's the staffs job to have the players fired up.....although part of me thinks you're a professional footballer, how are you not internally fired up in wanting promotion, the financial rewards that come with that.

Hourihane as captain should also be sharing that responsibility if he's seeing players not look up right up for it.

I do understand those of you that don’t want us chopping and changing but just a reminder that the difference between L1 and the champ is around 8-10m isn’t it? 

You might be happy to take another season in this division - and it’s been quite interesting playing different teams after about 400 years in the championship - but will our finances take another year in L1? 

I guess my point is, if you’re confident Warne will take us up then fair enough. We keep going. If you’re not confident he’ll get us up then we need to think about whether we can take the financial shortfall for another year? 

Edited by IlsonDerby

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

In fairness look at our permanent manager record: 

Rooney - chose to leave

Cocu - agreed to leave (giving up lots of compo) 

Lampard - Chelsea poached 😂 

Rowett - Stoke poached 

Out of the last 5 permanent managers, none have been outright sacked (yet, mr Warne). That must be close to a record in the top 4 divisions ??? 

So arguably we've not sacked a manger since 2017. Interesting.

7 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Sibley has only spent 2 seasons below the champ, isn’t a striker and has far fewer appearances. Other than that, a fair comparison 😂

Yeah. Portsmouth have no hope 👀

Washington has a strike rate of around 1 in 4 I think.

Sibley about 1 in 11.

Just putting forward a reason why Warne may have brought Washington on when we needed a goal.

I like Sibley FWIW.

51 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Who are the other 2?

And if you say me you're sadly mistaken - I just try not to post totally overactive kneejerk OTT stuff after we've not won a game. 

But I guess this makes me a Warne supporter by others standards. 

You were number one. If you’re not Paul Warne, then you’ve certainly done a good impression of him.

52 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Who are the other 2?

And if you say me you're sadly mistaken - I just try not to post totally overactive kneejerk OTT stuff after we've not won a game. 

But I guess this makes me a Warne supporter by others standards. 

It's not knee-jerk stuff when the performances have been poor for a majority of the season so far.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Washington has a strike rate of around 1 in 4 I think.

Sibley about 1 in 11.

Just putting forward a reason why Warne may have brought Washington on when we needed a goal.

I like Sibley FWIW.

Yeah I understand where you’re coming from but Washington has had his prime in amongst that whereas Sibley hasn’t? 

I don’t mind Washington - I think he’s a good squad player and has a role with us but I think if you’re searching for a spark or a bit of magic there’s only one of them two I’m getting on. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We will be 7 points behind them if we win our game in hand.

We will be 10 points behind if we lose. 
Points on the board > games in hand. 

fingers crossed we’re only 11 behind after the international break with 2 in hand. 

This was always going to be a tricky game.

A team who could not get any worse were at some point going to come alive and start playing for their new manager.

We are a fragile team, we can do well but we always give the opponents a chance.

We didn't replace the goals of David McGoldrick with a like for like forward which means we are unlikely to outscore teams often.

The squad we have this season is a mid table team unless we can add one or two quality players.