Current points total compared to previous Div 3 seasons

SamUltraRam

This is because we have had 2 fortunate wins -Fleetwood at home and Peterborough away-, and have not missed out on any we deserved to win. 10 points is about where we should be.

And same goes for the goals, we have created about 40 chances which equate to 10 or 11 goals. Last season, first 8 games we had created similar (38) but conceded fewer (31 to this year's 40, skewed somewhat by red cards).

Also 8 games is a decent sample so there is nothing to suggest we will play better and this is not our actual level (other than injuries perhaps?)

8 minutes ago, ap04 said:

This is because we have had 2 fortunate wins -Fleetwood at home and Peterborough away-, and have not missed out on any we deserved to win. 10 points is about where we should be.

And same goes for the goals, we have created about 40 chances which equate to 10 or 11 goals. Last season, first 8 games we had created similar (38) but conceded fewer (31 to this year's 40, skewed somewhat by red cards).

Also 8 games is a decent sample so there is nothing to suggest we will play better and this is not our actual level (other than injuries perhaps?)

We were robbed at Bolton and we gave it away vs Wigan 

9 minutes ago, ap04 said:

Why were either of those wins fortunate in particular the Peterborough game? Yes Posh we’re the better team up until our first goal and had the better chances in the second half but, the simple facts are, we scored 4 goals (only one of which had any element of good fortune about it) and they only scored 2. If you want to talk about luck, what about our bad luck with the referee decisions in the Bolton game which may have cost us a point?

What do you mean “this is not our actual level”?

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

Do you actually believe this garbage.

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

I must admit I admire the way your pseudo scientific approach attempts to mask a stream of utter bulls hit. 

2 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

We've also scored more goals than the last 3 third division seasons

2023/24 - 14 goals ( despite us appearing to be 'shot shy' )

We've actually scored in every game this season

2022/23 - 7 goals

1985/86 - 11 goals

1984/85 - 10 goals

Why does it feel like I’m watching the worst football I’ve ever seen?

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

So what you’re saying is we’ve had a better start than last season? Wow!! The world is ending according to some on here yet we’ve started better than last season. And this despite not playing to the level we want or the manager wants. Talk about an overreaction from some quarters of the fan base. 

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We were robbed at Bolton and we gave it away vs Wigan 

I wrote "we have not missed out on any we deserved to win". Wigan was completely even (5 chances apiece), are you suggesting we deserved to beat Bolton, even without the sending off? We also deserved to lose to Portsmouth (or not beat Carlisle, both marginal).

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why were either of those wins fortunate in particular the Peterborough game? Yes Posh we’re the better team up until our first goal and had the better chances in the second half but we scored 4 goals and they only scored 2.

I think you provided the very definition of fortune in football.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

What do you mean “this is not our actual level”?

The OP wrote "when we start playing well", implying that our true level is better than the one seen so far.

17 minutes ago, ap04 said:

I wrote "we have not missed out on any we deserved to win". Wigan was completely even (5 chances apiece), are you suggesting we deserved to beat Bolton, even without the sending off? We also deserved to lose to Portsmouth (or not beat Carlisle, both marginal).

The OP wrote "when we start playing well", implying that our true level is better than the one seen so far.

What nonsense.

Beating another team that happens to be the better team for 20 minutes and has the better chances in the second half isn’t the definition of fortune. They were better but not good enough to score more than one before we netted four times. They had the better chances but not good enough to convert more than one chance into a goal.

The definition of fortune is when something happens beyond the control of either team. For example, a heavily deflected goal or an unjustified sending off both of which happened to us at Bolton. Peterborough’s failure to score more than two goals in response to our four wasn’t down to luck (from my recollection) is was down to either their poor finishing or our defending being good enough to avoid conceding. 

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Why does it feel like I’m watching the worst football I’ve ever seen?

There must be some way to statistically quantify that? Oh I know a poll about whether you like Warne's style of football or not, or even that you don't know! 😉 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

3 hours ago, ap04 said:

mother complain GIF

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

wtf GIF