So turns out Warne is a Football genius .

Curtains

24 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Really does know how to use different systems and tactics. 

Top bait, 10/10.

Much better last night, but let's not pretend Lincoln were even half interested in the game. Played a weak team, and never looked interested.

That being said, you can only beat the team in front of you, and the passing and ball retention last night was much better. Great movement down the wings, Ward and Barks looked brilliant. If that's the first time they played together, I can't wait to see what it's like when they get to know each other.

Also, by making this thread, is that you accepting that before last night Warne had been getting it wrong? You've also been desperate for him to change things, and it's not been good enough? Nice to have you on board, took long enough for the penny to drop.

9 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Top bait, 10/10.

Much better last night, but let's not pretend Lincoln were even half interested in the game. Played a weak team, and never looked interested.

That being said, you can only beat the team in front of you, and the passing and ball retention last night was much better. Great movement down the wings, Ward and Barks looked brilliant. If that's the first time they played together, I can't wait to see what it's like when they get to know each other.

Also, by making this thread, is that you accepting that before last night Warne had been getting it wrong? You've also been desperate for him to change things, and it's not been good enough? Nice to have you on board, took long enough for the penny to drop.

What I actually think is the guy needs time something many don’t seem to want to give him.  
As for last night well Warne said himself he was pleased but not totally.  
I enjoyed the game last night and I can see that Warne is definitely flexible in his tactics ie Moving Sibley to 10 2nd half ( PS Sibley has been injured) and he did well.  
What you have to understand is teams like Portsmouth can be hard to beat re them winning in the League at Barnsley last night and going Top.  Win our game in hand and we are 3 points off top. 

Warne knows what he is doing I’m sure of it 

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Man beats Lincoln reserves 2-0 and is all of a sudden Pep Guardiola.

Can’t wait for 5 at the back this weekend and a 1-0 defeat

Bit unfair. I am in one of the « I don’t think he is the right man » and « I hate his style of football » camp. Yet last night was pretty enjoyable, albeit against lincoln reserves. Do I think he wiil revert to the crap that has been served up recently? Yes. Do I want someone else who plays progressive football who can entertain? Yes. However, credit when credit is due, and last night was enjoyable. Was is the best football ever? No. But it was miles better than Saturday.

Edited by DanS1992

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What I actually think is the guy needs time something many don’t seem to want to give him.  
As for last night well Warne said himself he was pleased but not totally.  
I enjoyed the game last night and I can see that Warne is definitely flexible in his tactics ie Moving Sibley to 10 2nd half ( PS Sibley has been injured) and he did well.  
What you have to understand is teams like Portsmouth can be hard to beat re them winning in the League at Barnsley last night and going Top.  Win our game in hand and we are 3 points off top. 

Warne knows what he is doing I’m sure of it 

Her's had a year, that is long enough to see what Warne is all about.

42 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think fans are very unfair on him to be honest. 
They all think they have the answers and they all think they are managers 😂 lol

I think fans are capable of spotting that we play better when set up in one formation than we do when set up in another. It's not rocket science and you don't need to have a continental coaching badge to see it.

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think fans are capable of spotting that we play better when set up in one formation than we do when set up in another. It's not rocket science and you don't need to have a continental coaching badge to see it.

Are you saying all teams play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 then .

I agree it’s difficult with injuries for Derby to play 3-5-2 .

Warne is no longer playing 3-5-2 !

Just now, Curtains said:

Are you saying all teams play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 then .

I agree it’s difficult with injuries for Derby to play 3-5-2 .

Warne is no longer playing 3-5-2 !

I am quite obviously not saying that all teams play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. I don't actually know how you came up with that question based on my post.

I also agree it’s difficult with injuries for Derby to play 3-5-2, it's also difficult to play 3-5-2 with a squad of players that appear to be ill-equipped to play 3-5-2 against managers that have quite evidently figured out how to nullify that particular approach.

The fact we are no longer playing 3-5-2 is likely a contributing factor to recent improvements, such as the Lincoln game last night. I hope that Warne continues to play a system that suits his players and extracts the highest levels of performance out of them. That is after all his job.