So turns out Warne is a Football genius .

Curtains

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you think Warne will play a different team formation in that case?

I think he will set up for how the opposition play. 

We may lose as Carlisle will be up for it. 

Not all our injured players are back yet 

I expect we will win though. 

Here are some facts for you about the lineups last night. Lincoln City’s side had, collectively, 442 senior league starts across the starting XI, with 63% of those shared between TJ Eyoma, Ali Smith and Haks. Of those 442 games, just 5% were made in the Championship (Burroughs five, Brown 13, Adelkaun five), with Adelkaun, arguably the most experienced player on show in our squad, starting his first game for us in over a year. More than 30% of those collective appearances have come outside of the top four divisions in England and the top division in Scotland.

James Collins, the Derby forward, has made 442 alone, all in the top four English divisions. Derby, as a whole, had 2201 senior league starts across their squad, with a huge portion either League One or in the Championship. There should only have been one winner here, without a doubt. When we’re saying mismatch, we’re being accurate. When Exeter say ‘we played the kids’, but their average age was older than their opponents (Exeter 21.9, Reading 21.7), it doesn’t ring quite as true. When we say it, there’s absolute truth in it, and we only lost 2-0.

From https://staceywest.net/2023/09/20/oh-well-derby-county-2-0-imps/

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am quite obviously not saying that all teams play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. I don't actually know how you came up with that question based on my post.

I also agree it’s difficult with injuries for Derby to play 3-5-2, it's also difficult to play 3-5-2 with a squad of players that appear to be ill-equipped to play 3-5-2 against managers that have quite evidently figured out how to nullify that particular approach.

The fact we are no longer playing 3-5-2 is likely a contributing factor to recent improvements, such as the Lincoln game last night. I hope that Warne continues to play a system that suits his players and extracts the highest levels of performance out of them. That is after all his job.

Why did you use the plural? Apart from a half decent display in our first match we have bern pretty well pudding for the rest of the matches except fir a couple of 20 minute spells scattered far and wide. Last night was an improvement in the singular, even though it was against a weakened side in what my son describes as “The Nobody Cares Cup”. And the improvement was that we played football, and played it for the full 90 minutes.

Judging by how the players were at the end of the match, I fear that Embleton, Fornah and Wilson will be out with strains. Sad, because the latter two were the main reasons, along with Sibley, why we were so “front foot”.

I hope I am wrong about the potential injuries so we can have more “front foot” please.

5 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Here are some facts for you about the lineups last night. Lincoln City’s side had, collectively, 442 senior league starts across the starting XI, with 63% of those shared between TJ Eyoma, Ali Smith and Haks. Of those 442 games, just 5% were made in the Championship (Burroughs five, Brown 13, Adelkaun five), with Adelkaun, arguably the most experienced player on show in our squad, starting his first game for us in over a year. More than 30% of those collective appearances have come outside of the top four divisions in England and the top division in Scotland.

James Collins, the Derby forward, has made 442 alone, all in the top four English divisions. Derby, as a whole, had 2201 senior league starts across their squad, with a huge portion either League One or in the Championship. There should only have been one winner here, without a doubt. When we’re saying mismatch, we’re being accurate. When Exeter say ‘we played the kids’, but their average age was older than their opponents (Exeter 21.9, Reading 21.7), it doesn’t ring quite as true. When we say it, there’s absolute truth in it, and we only lost 2-0.

Ok it wasn’t the strongest Lincoln team. 
What about Portsmouth being top of the League. 
Are they also s*** the

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Ok it wasn’t the strongest Lincoln team. 
What about Portsmouth being top of the League. 
Are they also s*** the

They're not bad, which is why they controlled the game at pride park with 57% possession and 50% more shots than us. We have to do better against teams like that, as we can't expect to have a penalty bail us out every time.

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Man fails to beat team on 15 game unbeaten run, sack him now.

Balance required.

Of course, I agree entirely. You should never base your opinion on just one game.

My views on Warne have been formed over his year in charge. The Portsmouth game was far from the worst result we’ve had during his reign.

26 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Why did you use the plural? Apart from a half decent display in our first match we have bern pretty well pudding for the rest of the matches except fir a couple of 20 minute spells scattered far and wide. Last night was an improvement in the singular, even though it was against a weakened side in what my son describes as “The Nobody Cares Cup”. And the improvement was that we played football, and played it for the full 90 minutes.

Judging by how the players were at the end of the match, I fear that Embleton, Fornah and Wilson will be out with strains. Sad, because the latter two were the main reasons, along with Sibley, why we were so “front foot”.

I hope I am wrong about the potential injuries so we can have more “front foot” please.

Against a reserve side with a reserve side although I expect to se 3 or 4 who started last night but didn't start last Saturday to keep their place.

Not saying Warne has proven anyone wrong yet, but the difference last night were the players coming back from injury or building up to full fitness. 

PW has been dangerously stubborn with his love of 5 at the back this season but it seems the players available to him have forced his hand somewhat to a change of system.

Would we have had a stronger start to the season if we had Fornah, Sibley, Wilson, Elder, Embleton and Barks all fit and ready to go? Potentially so. 

PW doesn’t have any excuses now, he has a strong squad to pick from with options in pretty much every position with more players to come back to fitness over the next month. Horses for courses and all that, there is no course where 5 at the back works with our group of players.

4 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not saying Warne has proven anyone wrong yet, but the difference last night were the players coming back from injury or building up to full fitness. 

PW has been dangerously stubborn with his love of 5 at the back this season but it seems the players available to him have forced his hand somewhat to a change of system.

Would we have had a stronger start to the season if we had Fornah, Sibley, Wilson, Elder, Embleton and Barks all fit and ready to go? Potentially so. 

PW doesn’t have any excuses now, he has a strong squad to pick from with options in pretty much every position with more players to come back to fitness over the next month. Horses for courses and all that, there is no course where 5 at the back works with our group of players.

Looks that way doesn’t it 

Adaptability is the sign of a good manager. 

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Against a reserve side with a reserve side although I expect to se 3 or 4 who started last night but didn't start last Saturday to keep their place.

Don’t hold your breathe, mate! If the bench were fjords, Sibley would be a dead parrot!

Edited by DavesaRam

14 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Yawn !!!!!

How many times have we exited cup competitions facing vastly inferior opposition? We won! What is not to like?

Your negative bile matches the sewage level in UK rivers!

18 hours ago, Curtains said:

Warne will either succeed or not but I think he should be respected .

Couldn’t agree more but how are you determining whether he’s being respected?

Do we have to pretend we think his football is (usually) watchable (it was on Tuesday night) and that we’re convinced he knows what he’s doing even if we’re not?

Or are you thinking only of insults and attempts to downplay the fact he’s won promotion out of this division three times?

If it’s the latter, I agree with you. If the former, I definitely do not.