So turns out Warne is a Football genius .

Curtains

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am quite obviously not saying that all teams play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. I don't actually know how you came up with that question based on my post.

I also agree it’s difficult with injuries for Derby to play 3-5-2, it's also difficult to play 3-5-2 with a squad of players that appear to be ill-equipped to play 3-5-2 against managers that have quite evidently figured out how to nullify that particular approach.

The fact we are no longer playing 3-5-2 is likely a contributing factor to recent improvements, such as the Lincoln game last night. I hope that Warne continues to play a system that suits his players and extracts the highest levels of performance out of them. That is after all his job.

Agreed .

Ward and Bird getting injured was a blow as was Sibley and Thompson .

Barks also injured hasn’t helped 

Integrating new players isn’t easy and I always remember a classic case at Derby was David Nish awful at first brilliant in the end .

Warne will either succeed or not but I think he should be respected .

31 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What I actually think is the guy needs time something many don’t seem to want to give him.  
As for last night well Warne said himself he was pleased but not totally.  
I enjoyed the game last night and I can see that Warne is definitely flexible in his tactics ie Moving Sibley to 10 2nd half ( PS Sibley has been injured) and he did well.  
What you have to understand is teams like Portsmouth can be hard to beat re them winning in the League at Barnsley last night and going Top.  Win our game in hand and we are 3 points off top. 

Warne knows what he is doing I’m sure of it 

There's just one thing wrong with all of that; Dave Mackay said you don't know what you're talking about. I, and I think many others on here, simply have to side with Dave over your good self when it comes to a difference of opinion in football matters. So, I'm with Dave on this 😂.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

Just now, Brailsford Ram said:

There's just one thing wrong with all of that; Dave Mackay said you don't know what you're talking about. I, and I think many others on here, simply have to side with Dave over your good self when it comes to a difference of opinion in football matters. So, Im with Dave on this 😂.

Never argue with Dave lol 😂 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Agreed .

Ward and Bird getting injured was a blow as was Sibley and Thompson .

Barks also injured hasn’t helped 

Integrating new players isn’t easy and I always remember a classic case at Derby was David Nish awful at first brilliant in the end .

Warne will either succeed or not but I think he should be respected .

I actually quite like him as it happens, I think he gets too much stick for his interview style and the way he speaks. I don't really mind it.

The one thing, and I mean the one thing that really does my head in is when he tries to wedge players into the formation he wants, regardless of the suitability of the squad at any given time. I appreciate he has changed things up recently but I just know at some point he'll give 3-5-2 another go and we'll be back to no shots on target, rubbish passing accuracy and being outplayed by teams we should be looking to impose ourselves on.

I want to see a bit of swagger, not a meek "we might not be good enough so let's be cautious" type approach. The players are better at the former.

50 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Top bait, 10/10.

Much better last night, but let's not pretend Lincoln were even half interested in the game. Played a weak team, and never looked interested.

That being said, you can only beat the team in front of you, and the passing and ball retention last night was much better. Great movement down the wings, Ward and Barks looked brilliant. If that's the first time they played together, I can't wait to see what it's like when they get to know each other.

Also, by making this thread, is that you accepting that before last night Warne had been getting it wrong? You've also been desperate for him to change things, and it's not been good enough? Nice to have you on board, took long enough for the penny to drop.

Joe Ward must have been brilliant with Barks last night - so brilliant I never noticed him

37 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Bit unfair. I am in one of the « I don’t think he is the right man » and « I hate his style of football » camp. Yet last night was pretty enjoyable, albeit against lincoln reserves. Do I think he wiil revert to the crap that has been served up recently? Yes. Do I want someone else who plays progressive football who can entertain? Yes. However, credit when credit is due, and last night was enjoyable. Was is the best football ever? No. But it was miles better than Saturday.

I agree, the performance last night was much much better. If we can play like that all the time then I’ll change my mind on Warne.

But threads like this calling him a tactical genius after one game against a weak opponent is very premature.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I think fans are very unfair on him to be honest. 
They all think they have the answers and they all think they are managers 😂 lol

Yeah, one game against Lincoln City’s reserves in a Mickey Mouse cup competition no one cares about and he’s a tactical genius…😂

Edited by Jayram

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I agree, the performance last night was much much better. If we can play like that all the time then I’ll change my mind on Warne.

But threads like this calling him a tactical genius after one game against a weak opponent is very premature.

almost like it was deliberately tongue in cheek? 🤔

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Oh the irony 

Away fans sing his name and mostly love Paul Warne.

Get behind the man and you never know what might happen 

Do you think Warne will play a different team formation in that case?

Edited by RoyMac5

He said last night that how we performed is along the lines of how he wants us to play, if he goes back to punt it ball on Saturday he can **** ***** ********** **** ** ***** **** *** ***** ** ****** **** *** ****** *** ** **** back to Rotherham and I’ll drive him there 😂

18 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

He said last night that how we performed is along the lines of how he wants us to play, if he goes back to punt it ball on Saturday he can **** ***** ********** **** ** ***** **** *** ***** ** ****** **** *** ****** *** ** **** back to Rotherham and I’ll drive him there 😂

Righteo. Why didn't he say this last season when he had even more players who could play this way? Fire up the Quattro. 😉 Edit: I think he's feeling under pressure and worried about his job.

Edited by RoyMac5