Derby v Lincoln Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, one_chop said:

Don't expect Sibley to start the next game. 

Nope he needs to consistently play well … (even when he’s not playing). Then he’ll get in the side regularly.

(whereas other players will play if they are fit no matter what).

2 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

If Warne reverts to the crap witnessed in the previous games he wants shooting. I know it is only Lincoln, but the difference is staggering when you play it quickly on the grass while using the midfield. Fantastic goal, deserved by Sibbo who is playing in a more central central position. Warne couldn’t have got any more hints tonight if he wanted. 

Seen a couple of comments like this, which I understand given how unhappy some people are with Warne, but doesn’t he deserve some credit tonight? He picked the team, I assume they’re playing how he’s asked them to, he’s made the substitutions, yes some of what’s gone before this season hasn’t been great but if people are going to give him stick when it’s bad give him credit for the good too 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Backs up some of what Warne has said himself about needing the likes of Sibley and Barkhuizen back to provide more attacking threat. Wilson back from injury and seemingly playing 90 mins, Bradley and Elder better tonight, Fornah and Embleton playing their part as they settle in further. 
As you say let’s hope for more of the same on the weekend.

Playing 4 at the back with natural full backs makes a massive difference and the midfield 3 of fornah embleton and smith or even sibley instead of embleton just offers way better legs and balance. Just wait now till Saturday when we revert to 3 at the back and bypass midfield again. Barks has shown what we’ve missed tonight aswell 

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Playing 4 at the back with natural full backs makes a massive difference and the midfield 3 of fornah embleton and smith or even sibley instead of embleton just offers way better legs and balance. Just wait now till Saturday when we revert to 3 at the back and bypass midfield again. Barks has shown what we’ve missed tonight aswell 

We havent played 3 at the back since Oxford at home

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Seen a couple of comments like this, which I understand given how unhappy some people are with Warne, but doesn’t he deserve some credit tonight? He picked the team, I assume they’re playing how he’s asked them to, he’s made the substitutions, yes some of what’s gone before this season hasn’t been great but if people are going to give him stick when it’s bad give him credit for the good too 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Backs up some of what Warne has said himself about needing the likes of Sibley and Barkhuizen back to provide more attacking threat. Wilson back from injury and seemingly playing 90 mins, Bradley and Elder better tonight, Fornah and Embleton playing their part as they settle in further. 

Credit to him for the selection tonight. However, the thing that drives me absolutely mad is that we he does change something and we immediately look better, he always reverts back and stalls our momentum.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I agree, and I will give him credit for tonight, deservedly so. However it’s gonna take a lot more of this, and on a more regular basis to win my long term support back. Tonight proves that it is possible, so no excuses if he reverts back to the system that is not working. I like many others are not asking for champagne football, just something to get us exited, a bit like tonight, win or lose. Tonight the balance was right, personel and tactics wise.

I enjoyed the game, and a few players deserve to start on Saturday. More of this on Saturday Warne please, and plenty more Saturday’s to come. If that happens, maybe, just maybe I might get back on board. 

Edited by DanS1992

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You mean started with 3 centre half’s because we do at various periods play 3 at the back in every league game 

We might revert to it like the end of the game on Sat but we havent started with a back 3 since Oxford. Rooney & then Smith both played RB in a 4231

Edited by DCFC1388

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Credit to him for the selection tonight. However, the thing that drives me absolutely mad is that we he does change something and we immediately look better, he always reverts back and stalls our momentum.

I get that. I live in perpetual hope that he can deliver on the good game he talks, tonight is a small step along that path and I’m hoping we see more of the same on the weekend and beyond