Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He will join the hero/ scapegoat rollercoaster like the rest of the squad!

He’s young, quick and exciting. If he was infallible he wouldn’t be playing in the third tier.

A nice mix of reality and common sense, that's a pity as I was on such a high, down to earth with a bump🤣 

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He will join the hero/ scapegoat rollercoaster like the rest of the squad!

He’s young, quick and exciting. If he was infallible he wouldn’t be playing in the third tier.

Good point well made

I think we should appreciate what’s starting to happen here.

At the beginning of the season we were looking at Waghorn and Washington to spearhead our attack.

We now have the prospect of a 22yo and a 26yo tearing it up. We should be delighted.

If we get Arblaster too it will be a fantastic window.

I do wonder who might go out to make way.

18 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Anybody else worried about this one?  Past experience is that we always seem to have our pants down when it comes to transfers. I don’t like paying a fee for somebody in the last six months of their contract. I’m also worried that it’s not in the area of the field that I feel needs improving. oh well, I suppose that we have to get one transfer right eventually😀.

Think barkhuizen been off it for a while, definitely an area we can improve and at least add competition. By looks of him he adds goals to the team, pace too!

contract stance can go both ways, can argue he’s about to be worth more than we pay just because we have him tied to a longer deal.

equally transfers and fees a part of football, we need to not be scared of them. Learn from mistakes in past, use the experience to improve us. Is done now but we need to be able to sign players and do it confidently.

Bradley was free but his wages probably high, is no different to this transfer to me. And Blackett Taylor has potential sell on value. 

3 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Think barkhuizen been off it for a while, definitely an area we can improve and at least add competition. By looks of him he adds goals to the team, pace too!

contract stance can go both ways, can argue he’s about to be worth more than we pay just because we have him tied to a longer deal.

equally transfers and fees a part of football, we need to not be scared of them. Learn from mistakes in past, use the experience to improve us. Is done now but we need to be able to sign players and do it confidently.

Bradley was free but his wages probably high, is no different to this transfer to me. And Blackett Taylor has potential sell on value. 

What motm barks last time out?  You are right by learn from mistakes but we never seem to do that!  Please forgive my negativity but it always seems that other clubs are waiting for us to turn up and be dumped on.  If we are to return to the heights we believe we deserve the scouting has to improve radically

Multi-syllabic-named players

Assuming he passes his medical, I suspect Corey-Blackett-Taylor (6 syllables) will be the player with the joint-most syllables ever to have played for the Rams. Furthermore, there is a rising trend here what with Nath-an-iel-Men-des-Laing and Ty-reece-John-Ju-les. Oh I long for the days of the mono-syllabics like Mick Coop, Tom Ince, Dave Webb et alia. No wonder we can't come up with any decent songs that scan prop-er-ly 😲 

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

What motm barks last time out?  You are right by learn from mistakes but we never seem to do that!  Please forgive my negativity but it always seems that other clubs are waiting for us to turn up and be dumped on.  If we are to return to the heights we believe we deserve the scouting has to improve radically

Barkhuisen isn’t the most dynamic of players. He’s not a grafter or a battler. He’s not even a great finisher.

What he does do, however, is take up better attacking positions in the box than any other Derby player which means when the cross is accurate, he gets scoring opportunities.

For me he’s a good sub but we have better starters in terms of what they bring to the team.

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Assuming he passes his medical, I suspect Corey-Blackett-Taylor (6 syllables) will be the player with the joint-most syllables ever to have played for the Rams. Furthermore, there is a rising trend here what with Nath-an-iel-Men-des-Laing and Ty-reece-John-Ju-les. Oh I long for the days of the mono-syllabics like Mick Coop, Tom Ince, Dave Webb et alia. No wonder we can't come up with any decent songs that scan prop-er-ly 😲 

NML is 7?

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I think he's in a dead heat with Isak Ssewankambo and Paul Peschisolido

23 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Fab-riz-i-o Rav-an-ell-i has 8!