Lots of players out of contract in Summer

Curtains

It tells us that we nearly went out of business last year, DC saved us at the eleventh hour and we could only sign players on a 2 year contract maximum with a salary cap to play in League 1.  Restrictions may have eased but we are not yet operating at the full League 1 version of FFP - which is Revenue based and I believe would allow for 60% of turnover to be spent on wages.  Then you will see a bigger budget and we can flex our muscles.  However, I do not expect DC ever to splash the cash under his watch.

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What does this tell us 

Players out of contract next summer: Liam Thompson, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Tom Barkhuizen, Conor Hourihane, Korey Smith, Martyn Waghorn, Louie Sibley, James Collins, Eiran Cashin, Max Bird, Craig Forsyth, Scott Loach

It tells us - If we don’t go up , we will be in competition with other League One teams for their signatures. If we go up , apart from a couple of them , we will need a total re-build to hold our own. Possibly £20 mill for 3 decent players . David Clowes will have to find the money as Sky don’t give you the extra cash up front.

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

It tells us - If we don’t go up , we will be in competition with other League One teams for their signatures. If we go up , apart from a couple of them , we will need a total re-build to hold our own. Possibly £20 mill for 3 decent players . David Clowes will have to find the money as Sky don’t give you the extra cash up front.

Not spent a penny since Jozwiak (🤔) but you think we’re going to spend £20m on 3 players? That’s enough internet for me today. 

24 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What does this tell us 

Players out of contract next summer: Liam Thompson, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Tom Barkhuizen, Conor Hourihane, Korey Smith, Martyn Waghorn, Louie Sibley, James Collins, Eiran Cashin, Max Bird, Craig Forsyth, Scott Loach

That lots of players contracts expire next summer

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Are you feeling all right? 

40 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What does this tell us 

I think that it tells us that we need to offer new deals to Thommo, Sibley, Cashin & Bird, however I would be surprised if any of those players signed new deals at the minute.

Things may change of course between now and the end of the season.

For Bird, Cashin, Sibley and Thompson, it will be a case of renewing their deals or selling for the best offer we can get in January. I doubt we’ll leave it in the hands of a compensation tribunal.

For all the rest, they are playing for their club futures. I think Forsyth and Waghorn will step up and get one year extensions. Everyone else is likely on their way out. 

21 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Not spent a penny since Jozwiak (🤔) but you think we’re going to spend £20m on 3 players? That’s enough internet for me today. 

We have spent money on fees this summer albeit probably a small amount.

Wilson,  Washington and Fornah

32 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I’ve had quite enough of chairmen throwing silly money buying players. if we go down that route we’ll soon be having another march