Jake Rooney

Poynton ram

56 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

How long have we had Rooney on the books,how many minuites has he played,how many pounds has he been paid,are players  given an insurance policy to pay them if they receive a long term injury,these are facts I dont know,but it looks to me that he aint going to be fit for long,and he must have very frail legs,time to semi retire him

I'd rather we continue to provide the lad with a supportive environment and the best pastoral and medical care we can to help him recuperate. It's not an ACL again and he can be back as a useful squad member well before the end of the season. Worth noting he still has 2 years left under contract too.

6 hours ago, Malagaram said:

How long have we had Rooney on the books,how many minuites has he played,how many pounds has he been paid,are players  given an insurance policy to pay them if they receive a long term injury,these are facts I dont know,but it looks to me that he aint going to be fit for long,and he must have very frail legs,time to semi retire him

I’m sure Jake appreciates your support

Perhaps malagarams reply is the reply of an insensitive stupid non thinking person. why would we do anything like that to someone who has fought his way back . sometimes i wonder how moronic replies are allowed to stand and I also wonder if i want to stay associated with a supporters board that allows people to spout crap . that’s my lot. Will perhaps read but not post.

6 minutes ago, islandram said:

Perhaps malagarams reply is the reply of an insensitive stupid non thinking person. why would we do anything like that to someone who has fought his way back . sometimes i wonder how moronic replies are allowed to stand and I also wonder if i want to stay associated with a supporters board that allows people to spout crap . that’s my lot. Will perhaps read but not post.

How deserted is the Island you live on mate?

5 minutes ago, islandram said:

No, don’t do that. We need people to stand up and respond to these moronic, insensitive “human beings”.  Shame on you Malagarum! Hopefully you live and Malaga and stay there!

8 hours ago, Malagaram said:

Gerrin' the bin!

kick-butt.gif.2cb38e0b7790f45b38294eaddce67121.gif

1 hour ago, MaltRam said:

Gutted for him. Before the ACL was probably the pick of our defenders. He's not finished here. Good luck Jake.

It’s hard to judge him on 12 low-key games . I would say he’s not one of our top 5 defenders , but he is only young and has plenty of time to prove himself . Anyone who has ever been on a hospital trolly will have sympathy for him . 

4 hours ago, islandram said:

So that is spouting crap,have a happy life

4 hours ago, On the Ram Page said:

No, don’t do that. We need people to stand up and respond to these moronic, insensitive “human beings”.  Shame on you Malagarum! Hopefully you live and Malaga and stay there!

Yes I live in Spain and would never consider living in England again,and I am not as you describe moronic,and insensitive,and please learn to spell,its not live and,can you guess what it should be,if you had an education.

2 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Not an island,it is a country.did you study geography at school ?

I was responding to Islandram actually. Did you do any comprehension work at school? You obviously missed the classes on respect towards others, and the proper use of capital letters and punctuation.

4 hours ago, islandram said:

Football is an absolutely ruthless business. Think of all those hundreds of lads who think they've made it by getting into the production line that's an academy, but only a couple of them go all the way through to the first team. The rest discarded on the way. 

And Malaga has a point that Rooney will have been earning far more than most people on this board for years, yet has hardly even played a match for us. 

At the same time, part of being a ruthless business could be showing you treat your injured players better than other clubs do, which might help you bring in better players. But it all comes at a cost. Is that a cost we should keep paying? Is it different when Rooney was injured training, whereas Keogh's was self-inflicted, but on a club evening out? 

It's all about opinions. That's the beauty of a board and not censoring people for having perfectly valid opinions. Even if we all mostly think our own are better. 

2 hours ago, Malagaram said:

Yes I live in Spain and would never consider living in England again,and I am not as you describe moronic,and insensitive,and please learn to spell,its not live and,can you guess what it should be,if you had an education.

Always Sunny Shut Up GIFYou are not doing yourself any favours pal

Not that I wish to communicate with you but it is not a spelling mistake but the use of the wrong word because of predictive text, unlike your grammatical errors. Prove your not insensitive then by withdrawing your previous crass remarks about Rooney.

1 minute ago, On the Ram Page said:

Not that I wish to communicate with you but it is not a spelling mistake but the use of the wrong word because of predictive text, unlike your grammatical errors. Prove you’re not insensitive then by withdrawing your previous crass remarks.

5 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Not that I wish to communicate with you but it is not a spelling mistake but the use of the wrong word because of predictive text, unlike your grammatical errors. Prove your not insensitive then by withdrawing your previous crass remarks about Rooney.

I'm sure there's a saying somewhere to do with stones and glasshouses...  😉

Swap the Netherlands for Spain and with you on that... I do, however, love going back for a long weekend.

On the subject of education, there's always a space following a comma and other punctuation. Also "its", when it's an abbreviation of "it is" should have an apostrophe between the t and the s. 

Off topic, there's a Northern Soul All Dayer at the Venue, Abbey Street, Derby from 16:00 on Sunday, August 25th, through to 01:00 on Monday, August 26th and I'll be flying over to do a couple of sets. It would be great to put faces to names

Derby Dayer.jpg

8 hours ago, islandram said:

Slightly OTT reaction.

If people aren't allowed to express their views there is very little point in having a forum to debate them.

You are entitled to disagree and I'd like to think the club are more empathetic than him...but it's an expensive business and so far he hasn't been value for money, and he may never be and surely discussing that is what we do about all the players- even if most of the time its expressed slightly more sensitively. 

He's been unlucky with injuries but in reality there's not much difference between what he said and me thinking Washington is injury-prone and not good enough and I'd hope we manage to off load him.

Edited by Chester40