Bentley Sports Convertible - DER13Y

Igorwasking

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

YES!!!!! and he has spelt B wrong

And he (while I am not one to gender stereotype, this does look a very bloke thing to do) also missed out the P, then the R and the I plus the C and the K.

This is not wealth envy, but with all that is going on in the world if anyone thinks private number plates are a necessary expense then they should receive a six point fine just for that.

26 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

And he (while I am not one to gender stereotype, this does look a very bloke thing to do) also missed out the P, then the R and the I plus the C and the K.

This is not wealth envy, but with all that is going on in the world if anyone thinks private number plates are a necessary expense then they should receive a six point fine just for that.

i would think the value of the plate is miniscule compared with the price of the car

3 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

i would think the value of the plate is miniscule compared with the price of the car

Yes, which is why I said 'necessary expense'. I have no problem with people spending money on things of value, such as a nice car. But anyone who thinks they get value (and yes, I do realise many have made a small fortune selling private number plates - fools and their money and all that) from getting a private number plate is, well, I don't think I need to spell it out again.

However, just to prove every rule has an exception

image.thumb.png.5e9fcd4d0fc792425ad96133fe020dd4.png

4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

with all that is going on in the world if anyone thinks private number plates are a necessary expense then they should receive a six point fine just for that.

I wouldn't have thought anyone would claim they are necessary. Do you strictly only spend money on necessities?. There's more to life, surely (if you have a bit of spare cash, of course).

DCFC wouldn't exist if people didn't spend money on non-necessities that bring them pleasu...... oh, OK never mind.

I have a private plate, my grandad owned a haulage company and purchased one for myself, my sister and my cousin at the respective times of our births. All had our names and a combination of 3 numbers adding up to his lucky number 16.

They stayed on the company lorries until we were old enough to drive and then transferred as a present. Unfortunately he isn't with us any more so, although it'll be worth a lot more now than when it was purchased in the early 90s, it is worth even more to me in sentimental value.