Match Thread: vs Bolton (A)

Rampant

On 30/08/2023 at 14:27, Grumpy Git said:

Based on results so far this season, this league is wide open.

You can now all thank me for stating the bleeding obvious.

Thank you Grumpy.

For obvious reasons, this thread will be on a slow burner today so I just thought I would at least add somut to the thread. Now, where did I put my Bolton ticket 🤔.

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just watching that short clip really shows what confidence can do for a player, if he’s genuinely worried about singing in front of his new teammates imagine how he feels running out in front of 4,000 of us at an away game, or a near full house at home.

You could see how happy he was coming off the pitch last week with the fan’s singing his name, but it’s also important that fans get behind the team and encourage them when things are not going so well.

Let’s hope we’re cheering him off tomorrow.

On 30/08/2023 at 12:00, Ambitious said:

Depends what you mean by waste of time, football is the only sport where the better team on the day can often not get the result their performance deserves.

That surely depends on how you define "better". More shots? More shots on target? More possession? Better pass rate? There's no universal definition of "better" and everyone will have their own ideas, so it's an impossible thing to prove.

A team that defends solidly for 89 minutes and then scores with their only shot to win 1-0 could be deemed the better team because tactically their game plan was superior to the opposition's and they executed it better than their opposition; at the same time the losing team could be deemed better because they had all the attacking play and possession. 

Plenty of other sports have similar conversations, notably boxing, where barely a week goes by without the "better" fighter losing.

Anyway, laptop off, I'm hitting the road north to Bolton! UTR!!

23 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Pinched from the Bolton forum.

I don't think Derby are anything special so get the first goal and set the game up nicely. 

…………………I’m sure I read the same cunning plan last week on the Posh forum.🐏😂

If they’d watched all our matches this season bar half an hour against posh they wouldn’t be wrong would they 😂

42 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

We’re on our way, we’re on our waaayy!

IMG_4078.jpeg

Aren’t Ford dashboards stylish and contemporary and the cigarette lighter in such a handy place…😊