Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

19 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think back to the playoff semifinal away at Brighton. We knew that we were light years ahead of them. Yes they had a nice new ground with comfy seats and guest ales, and yes they scored first, but we never doubted we would overcome them. We did and then some. If you'd told me then what our relative positions would be now, I'd have thought you'd lost your mind.

Brighton are one of several very well run clubs with great planning and business models who have risen up the leagues and are now established in the Prem. Of course they had some luck when it was needed, something we have fallen down on. But sometimes you make your own luck. If you're Eirin Cashin and you have the chance to go, and to try to prove yourself in the top flight, and an opportunity for the riches a club such as Brighton can now offer, you jump at it in an instant. You'd be mad not to. For our sake, I love watching Eirin for us and hope he stays and we can rise up through the leagues together. The way he plays all over the pitch even reminds me of McFarland, sometimes on the left wing! I'm not suggesting for even a nanosecond he's at that level, but equally I scoff at anyone who believes he's already reached his ceiling. What madness is that?

They only need to sell 4 more £100 million pound players and they’ll be debt free.

I’ve felt for a while that if Brighton really do want Cashin there’s little chance he stays. I think the draw of  premier league money at a premier league club who do have a model for investing in and developing young players would be too good to turn down. 
A loan back would have been a good deal for the immediate season, if they sign him and won’t loan him back it leaves us needing a cb without much time to sort one. I hope there’s some contingency planning in place. 

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve felt for a while that if Brighton really do want Cashin there’s little chance he stays. I think the draw of  premier league money at a premier league club who do have a model for investing in and developing young players would be too good to turn down. 
A loan back would have been a good deal for the immediate season, if they sign him and won’t loan him back it leaves us needing a cb without much time to sort one. I hope there’s some contingency planning in place. 

You would hope & expect that as soon as the first bid came in we started to draw up a list of possible replacements.

Tbh I do think Bradley will come good & be a regular starter but Cashin going would mean we need another CB in for sure.

Still a few decent (at this level) centre backs on free's too

Love Cash and always wanted him to captain us in the premier league!! 

if he has to go so be it. As someone pointed out in a previous post it would be so good if we replaced him with a pacy cb

having pace up front in the middle and at the back changes our options so hopefully no more dross percentage rubbish that we resort to sometimes .. a lot of the time .. 

Think it’s all most certain Cashin will leave. Can’t blame him for wanting to move to the Premier League really.

Would be very frustrating not to get the loan back though. Means we will need to find a replacement for him at very short notice. And the players potentially available (such as Cameron Humphreys) don’t fill me with a great deal of confidence.

7 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Has much as I like Jake Rooney and think he will be a regular in the side at some point he hasn’t got the pace I believe we need to play alongside Bradley and Nelson

Hasn’t got to play alongside Bradley the bench warmer.