Explain this to me

SK47

How on earth did we sign the likes of Mcgoldrick last year for free and on minimal wages, yet this season, even with a budget, we avoided signing a striker capable of achieving anything close to what DM produced?

Collins IS NOT a first choice striker. I don't care how many times he crops up with a goal, he offers northing else to the team which leads to us being 1 dimensional. Ball out to the right, cross, clear. Ball out to the right, cross, clear. What happened to the silky football we used to play? 

Really hope drastic changes are made because this isn't it, and I'm a Warne fan

Just now, DerbyPride12 said:

DM signed by Rosenior. 

Perhaps there's a reason he chose not to re-sign.

Exactly. And I said this in relation to Warne and his credentials. He seems like a lovely fella outside of football, but apart from players he already knows or has some kind of connection with via someone else (Collins), how many players can Warne attract out of this bracket? So far, not anything that is an improvement on what we have imo.

6 minutes ago, SK47 said:

How on earth did we sign the likes of Mcgoldrick last year for free and on minimal wages, yet this season, even with a budget, we avoided signing a striker capable of achieving anything close to what DM produced?

Collins IS NOT a first choice striker. I don't care how many times he crops up with a goal, he offers northing else to the team which leads to us being 1 dimensional. Ball out to the right, cross, clear. Ball out to the right, cross, clear. What happened to the silky football we used to play? 

the warning signs were there all summer for everyone to see, we never replaced mcgoldrick and there is a fat chance we are spreading his goals around the team because nobody else can score either just like last season

4 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Didzy, Hourihane and Roberts were all signed by Rosenior. The club had nothing to do with it.

Why would any potential signings choose us over another club when we play such horrible football? 

All potentially lined up when Wazza was here or signed for Rosenior.

Either way nobody wants to sign for a pub team manager with a pub team coaching staff. No reputation in the game, non of them played at a decent level & other than having some success playing kick it long at Rotherham they have no reputation or respect in the game. Get them all gone & start again

Just now, DCFC Kicks said:

Didzy, Hourihane and Roberts were all signed by Rosenior. The club had nothing to do with it.

Why would any potential signings choose us over another club when we play such horrible football? 

Exactly. Warne can say "I don't really have to sell the club to players.. it sells itself..  but if I don't think the player will be my mate, I don't want to sign him" 

He used to make tongue in cheek comments about DM after he scored, along the lines of, "Yeah he did well but I don't like to tell him that" - why not? Jokes or not, I just feel like Warne doesn't like the individually brilliant players and just likes 11 mercenaries. 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Because players wanted to play for Rosenior. They don’t want to play for Warne. It’s as simple as that.

exactly what player wants to place his kind of football apart from lanky journeymen which is exactly what we have signed

9 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I’ve said it all summer, McGoldrick was an anomaly in terms of the type of player he is, we were never going to sign another player like him as there aren’t many out there.
Waghorn, Washington and Collins will all score at this level….they all have already this season to be fair. What needs to happen is a system that makes the most of the way they play. I think Washington and Waghorn have to start on Saturday and Collins can come on as a battering ram if needed.

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve said it all summer, McGoldrick was an anomaly in terms of the type of player he is, we were never going to sign another player like him as there aren’t many out there.
Waghorn, Washington and Collins will all score at this level….they all have already this season to be fair. What needs to happen is a system that makes the most of the way they play. I think Washington and Waghorn have to start on Saturday and Collins can come on as a battering ram if needed.

Collins is not a battering ram, he's more of a battered sausage. Plain, Rigid and only ever bought as a side dish, not the main course.

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

don’t think potential signings as forwards find him as appealing as you do 

That should be I was a Warne fan, I'm thinking he's now out his depth. I don't care how many times we hear "it's football, we will lose games" 

Not at home to fricking Oxford.. we are derby county.. not Accrington.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don't know if finances were a reason we couldn't offer Rosenior a permanent deal here. But it's looking like a horrible decision now. This club is too big for Warne and we aren't attractive under him.

We're similar to how Ipswich were under Paul Cook. We need to learn from them.

Maybe it's because as a successful businessman Clowes has seen the value in recruiting people with a track record of success and saw that to be no different for a football manager or someone managing his own business.

Weird concept huh 

2 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Collins is not a battering ram, he's more of a battered sausage. Plain, Rigid and only ever bought as a side dish, not the main course.

And that’s my point, start the two with a bit more movement and pace in Waghorn and Washington, perhaps with NML as a front 3. The midfield needs sorting, not the forwards in my view. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Maybe it's because as a successful businessman Clowes has seen the value in recruiting people with a track record of success and saw that to be no different for a football manager or someone managing his own business.

Weird concept huh 

You would think he would be smart enough to know football isn't like any other business. Mel Morris thought he only had to splash 25 million in one summer and promotion would be guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

You would think he would be smart enough to know football isn't like any other business. Mel Morris thought he only had to splash 25 million in one summer and promotion would be guaranteed. 

Thats a really naive comment.

Am sure Clowes knows the value of recruiting team members with a proven track record of success which in his experience means they are more likely to succeed in his business.

Which is probably why he's been a far more successful businessman than you or I or 99% of the posters on this forum. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

24 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Players came for rosenior. 

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

And that’s my point, start the two with a bit more movement and pace in Waghorn and Washington, perhaps with NML as a front 3. The midfield needs sorting, not the forwards in my view. 

We shouldn't of signed Waggy or Washington imo. 1 of them maybe, but we needed a first choice striker. A statement. As much as they might run through walls for us, it's not that we need. We need a point to our attack.