Explain this to me

SK47

9 hours ago, G-Ram said:

All potentially lined up when Wazza was here or signed for Rosenior.

Either way nobody wants to sign for a pub team manager with a pub team coaching staff. No reputation in the game, non of them played at a decent level & other than having some success playing kick it long at Rotherham they have no reputation or respect in the game. Get them all gone & start again

Yeah but on the other hand Cocu played at the highest level but his tactics left a lot to be desired. 

8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I don’t get how anyone has watched that tonight and decided Washington and Waghorn are the problem?!
It’s the midfield and the tactics….or the execution of them, there’s no presence or control in the middle of the park, we’re not retaining the ball, we didn’t create much from open play. That doesn’t sit at Washington and Waghorn’s door, it’s down to Warne for the tactics and Hourihane/Smith/Bird/NML/Wilson/Elder/Nelson/Bradley etc for the lack of composure, creativity and control.

Exactly this.  In my view we need a Eustace-type in midfield.  A clam head who gets the ball and then gives it to the others.  Can slow the pace of the game when it seems like others are losing their heads.  Who can bring a bit of composure.  We seem in too much of a hurry to get the ball forward without someone taking the time to look around them.

If I only had money for one more signing it would be a player in that sort of role.  If you add that, it will help get the best out of this in front of them.

8 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Exactly this.  In my view we need a Eustace-type in midfield.  A clam head who gets the ball and then gives it to the others.  Can slow the pace of the game when it seems like others are losing their heads.  Who can bring a bit of composure.  We seem in too much of a hurry to get the ball forward without someone taking the time to look around them.

If I only had money for one more signing it would be a player in that sort of role.  If you add that, it will help get the best out of this in front of them.

We literally have that player already if we choose to deploy him correctly in Bird. 

Remember hurrying the ball forwards is the intent not a mistake by individuals. 

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

We should sign this guy:

Clam National Oyster Day GIF

Oxford's number 8 did exactly what we were missing - annoying little twit that he was, he sat in front of their defence and picked up lose balls, was available for the defence to pass to him and started most of their moves - conversely, Korey was completely AWOL in our midfield....

Edited by Gaspode

11 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Maybe it's because as a successful businessman Clowes has seen the value in recruiting people with a track record of success and saw that to be no different for a football manager or someone managing his own business.

Weird concept huh 

Even in business the wrong person gets recruited too. Weird concept huh?

16 hours ago, SK47 said:

How on earth did we sign the likes of Mcgoldrick last year for free and on minimal wages, yet this season, even with a budget, we avoided signing a striker capable of achieving anything close to what DM produced?

Collins IS NOT a first choice striker. I don't care how many times he crops up with a goal, he offers northing else to the team which leads to us being 1 dimensional. Ball out to the right, cross, clear. Ball out to the right, cross, clear. What happened to the silky football we used to play? 

Really hope drastic changes are made because this isn't it, and I'm a Warne fan

How many strikers have been sold/bought in the EFL this season? A handful. Why? Because strikers are football's rarest commodity and, now that teams can have 9 on the bench, teams are reluctant to let a striker go until they have signed the replacement striker. I don't expect the "striker go round" to start until about the 26th of this month. The first loans from PL sides will clear a path for a flurry of moves in the last 5 days of the window PROVIDED those first sales/loans actually happen. If the first moves don't happen the striker go round will be very still until January or maybe even next summer.

17 hours ago, valakari said:

Why dont we sign Chris Martin then???? He has no club...he will score goals..he is a better player than we have...and Warne can't argue that he doesn't fit his profile...because not many of his signings or players he has been interested in, do!

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Bombay Softwares