Is Warne actually pretty alright?

MackworthRamIsGod

I thought he was a bit more tentative than usual when he ventured out onto the pitch on his own before the game to clap the away support but he seemed happy at the warm response. He looked in perfect health at the end of the match and didn't seem badly affected in his post match interview. Just realistic.

I've heard he's moved a two-day training camp next week from Littlehampton to Inverurie but I don't know why 😉.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Time is a great healer, in this case a week is enough.

Pop back 10pm Tuesday and we shall see where we sit.

He's a genius, but if Joe Wildsmith's much-delayed kick at that Burton striker's back had ended up in the net, Warne would be an absolute joke not fit to manage a tanning club in the Sahara.

Warne seems like a good guy, who wants to work in the 'right' way, from a people management and philosophy way off the pitch. 

The problem he's got is that he isn't in an industry that always rewards people who do things the right way. He is in a ruthless, results based industry in which being a good guy can sometimes be perceived as a flaw as much as anything else.

I hope he brings us the success we all want. If not, Clowes will find someone else.

A 3-0 win away can never be a bad thing and buys anyone precious time for a manager (not before sacking but time to get the performances right). 

There was a lot that wasn’t good in the first half that a brilliant bit of work from Bird and Hourihane ensured is in the back of our minds rather than the forefront. 

But as is always true. Football is a results business. We had a great time during that 06/07 season despite some turgid ‘stinking the place out’ football at times. 

6 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I thought he was a bit more tentative than usual when he ventured out onto the pitch on his own before the game to clap the away support but he seemed happy at the warm response. He looked in perfect health at the end of the match and didn't seem badly affected in his post match interview. Just realistic.

I've heard he's moved a two-day training camp next week from Littlehampton to Inverurie but I don't know why 😉.

Warne made a mistake. He thought his mates would be down here, but the circus doesn’t come to Littlehampton until mid-September 👍🐑

I am pretty sure Warne is an alright kind of a guy. I remain far from convinced he is actually a good football coach. I did listen to him this morning (and his post match reflections) and he seemed a lot less chippy than he came over last season. Personally I think that an improvement.

22 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am pretty sure Warne is an alright kind of a guy. I remain far from convinced he is actually a good football coach. I did listen to him this morning (and his post match reflections) and he seemed a lot less chippy than he came over last season. Personally I think that an improvement.

Chippy or chirpy?