Archie Brown

Srg

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Archie Brown and Louie Sibley was the best two players in our U18 Premier League winning season. I was very disappointed when he moved on, obviously he had a better understanding of what was going on behind the scenes, so no hard feelings. 

Such a good prospect. Glad to see him progressing well. 

It wasn't his wish. Read the comments.

Bobby's his dad. 

What's next? Timi Max Elsnik scoring all three goals as the club he captains qualifies for the Champions League? 🤦‍♂️

Congrats to Archie. It hurts a little to see him doing so well (elsewhere) but no doubt he deserves his success 👏

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Bobby's his dad. 

I'm sorry.  I thought he'd signed for Gent.  I must have misread.

Derby were very restricted to what they could offer in summer 21.  Perhaps his son wasn't deemed better than Ebiowei, Cashin and Ebosele at that time and we had a very limited budget and could only offer contracts to those we thought would play. Cashin had to wait a long time to play as he would have filled an allowed allocated squad slot from the EFL for example.

If he retained any friendships with players in Derby from that time I bet his salty old dads made a lovely dent in those with his classy riposte.

49 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm sorry.  I thought he'd signed for Gent.  I must have misread.

Derby were very restricted to what they could offer in summer 21.  Perhaps his son wasn't deemed better than Ebiowei, Cashin and Ebosele at that time and we had a very limited budget and could only offer contracts to those we thought would play. Cashin had to wait a long time to play as he would have filled an allowed allocated squad slot from the EFL for example.

If he retained any friendships with players in Derby from that time I bet his salty old dads made a lovely dent in those with his classy riposte.

What a load of rubbish! Do you even know Bobby? He's a great guy who always had time to chat to fellow supporters.

He is stating a fact. None of the other academy players he was with is playing at this level.

Just now, angieram said:

What a load of rubbish! Do you even know Bobby? He's a great guy who always had time to chat to fellow supporters.

He is stating a fact. None of the other academy players he was with is playing at this level.

Were we not restricted by EFL restrictions then in the summer of 21 as too size of squad .  Cashin was a day away from being released.  Because you spent the occasional few minutes chatting to a bloke doesn't mean you now his daily movements and this comments not the best.  If Gent were an English club, I guarantee there not in Europe.  Fair play, he'll have some experiences but they may end up 5-0

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Bobby's his dad. 

I’m not sure what the situation was when he left, but absolute criminal if we didn’t offer him anything and he wanted to stay. I’m not sure how you could watch that academy side and not pick him out as one of the ones with the most potential, I mean he scored a hat trick in our title win for god sake, as well an assist. It no doubt worked out for the best in his favour, but my god what an asset he could be for us now. Shame. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/08/2023 at 13:20, Ambitious said:

I’m not sure what the situation was when he left, but absolute criminal if we didn’t offer him anything and he wanted to stay. I’m not sure how you could watch that academy side and not pick him out as one of the ones with the most potential, I mean he scored a hat trick in our title win for god sake, as well an assist. It no doubt worked out for the best in his favour, but my god what an asset he could be for us now. Shame. 

It becomes even less surprising when the likes of Festy and Cashin were close to being released too.

With Archie, I felt he was best at LW but he was adamant about being a LB. He didnt look settled at LB at U21 level until the 2nd half of his last season with us. I can slightly understand the decision if staff made a decision based on who we already had in the first team in that position (Forsyth and Buchanan), and had coming through in younger age groups (Williams, Moloney, Gill, etc...).

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It becomes even less surprising when the likes of Festy and Cashin were close to being released too.

I wonder if we were looking what they can’t do rather what they can do.

Cashin isn’t quick, he has no right foot, he’s small, he can’t zip passes through the line, he doesn’t carry it out from the back. But By-Christ he’ll out-compete the opposition, he’ll outwork them, he’ll win most of his 50/50s, he can tackle… I think we overrate him but he’s got enough to have a good career.

Then Festy… I always used to describe him as the best bad footballer I've ever seen. A sloppy pass fumbler with limited technical ability. But he had the pace and power just to knock it past one or two defenders, outsprint them and drill the ball in.

They have significant weaknesses… but they have enough strengths to forge good players.

Edited by cannable