v Burton Albion (A) Match Thread

Kernow

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He could be in there for any of Cashin, Bradley or Elder, agreed. Was just expressing my thoughts on how it could be today. I’m probably wrong. I’ll stay quiet 

I’m probably wrong, I’ll stay quiet, is not something that’s heard on here very often 😂

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Shows where we are as a fan base when it’s Saturday and we’re playing our local rivals and no one has posted on the match day thread for eleven hours!

Are Burton really local rivals?

I'd suggest the lack of posting or a thread dedicated to taking the Mick out of them means probably not.

More irritating little cousin who keeps showing up and you have to kind of put up with.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That’s not exactly what I said, I suggested a tweak to the midfield with Bird sitting deeper alongside Hourihane and Smith OR Thompson in there for one of the older heads. I started the post by saying I think Warne will play largely the same side. The rest was more my rambling thoughts to try and have a more positive dialogue around today. Perhaps that’s a misjudgment on my part with the mood on here still seemingly partisan 😞 

In truth anyone trying to predict the team today has a devils own job, because we really have no idea how performances (and fan reaction) have shaken Warne in the last 7 days. However, whatever 11 he picks today, or whatever system he plays, I would be staggered if he jettisons the player's captain after 2 games. Is he that crazy? Perhaps he is.

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He could be in there for any of Cashin, Bradley or Elder, agreed. Was just expressing my thoughts on how it could be today. I’m probably wrong. I’ll stay quiet 

Sorry. Thought you were laying out how you wanted it.

Don't be quiet. We need reasoned posts on the forum.

Hope we get the win today, to stop the forum going into melt down, whatever happens today, will not decide the seadon though. 

If we play like we should, we should get the 3 points, but Burton will be tough, I went for a 1-0 win, and I stand by that result. 

Then with 2 home games on the bounce we could be in a positive place, time will tell. 

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That’s not exactly what I said, I suggested a tweak to the midfield with Bird sitting deeper alongside Hourihane and Smith OR Thompson in there for one of the older heads. I started the post by saying I think Warne will play largely the same side. The rest was more my rambling thoughts to try and have a more positive dialogue around today. Perhaps that’s a misjudgment on my part with the mood on here still seemingly partisan 😞 

I think your main misjudgement is that on an internet football forum that you are ever going to get anything but extremes. Few go on the internet to find consensus I would suggest.

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd suggest the lack of posting or a thread dedicated to taking the Mick out of them means probably not.

More irritating little cousin who keeps showing up and you have to kind of put up with.

They’ll be rivals until we’ve beaten them in the league. No boasting rights til then.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Sorry. Thought you were laying out how you wanted it.

Don't be quiet. We need reasoned posts on the forum.

It was a mix of what I think Warne will do and what I’d like to see, probably didn’t make it clear with my ramblings. 
I think it’s clear from the pre match press bits that although Warne may not read stuff online people close to him and people at club clearly do, so he’ll know the changing tone of things this past week….plus he had that added subtle hint with the crowd booing them on Tuesday. 
So he needs a reaction today, and for me so do the players, but as @i-Ram has pointed out to me it’s guesswork as to what Warne does. Is it a case of the same players being picked with a flea in their ear to go out and show everyone what they’re about? Does he stick to his tactics firm in the belief that he knows more than we do and that it will come good? Does he change it entirely and show he can adapt by changing to a back 4?

We’ll all find out in about an hour I suppose. I’m guessing minimum expectations from everyone, be they pro or anti Warne or on the fence, will be a more coherent and competitive showing today. After all, we’re all Derby aren’t we? 🐏 

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It was a mix of what I think Warne will do and what I’d like to see, probably didn’t make it clear with my ramblings. 
I think it’s clear from the pre match press bits that although Warne may not read stuff online people close to him and people at club clearly do, so he’ll know the changing tone of things this past week….plus he had that added subtle hint with the crowd booing them on Tuesday. 
So he needs a reaction today, and for me so do the players, but as @i-Ram has pointed out to me it’s guesswork as to what Warne does. Is it a case of the same players being picked with a flea in their ear to go out and show everyone what they’re about? Does he stick to his tactics firm in the belief that he knows more than we do and that it will come good? Does he change it entirely and show he can adapt by changing to a back 4?

We’ll all find out in about an hour I suppose. I’m guessing minimum expectations from everyone, be they pro or anti Warne or on the fence, will be a more coherent and competitive showing today. After all, we’re all Derby aren’t we? 🐏 

I think people are getting confused.

He can make plenty of changes to the Blackpool game merely by selecting the side that started the second half v Wigan 

1 minute ago, sage said:

I think people are getting confused.

He can make plenty of changes to the Blackpool game merely by selecting the side that started the second half v Wigan 

I know that, I’m speculating as to whether he will or not. 
It’s been pointed out to me that dropping Hourihane would be a bold move, will he do that? To start the team from the second half of the Blackpool game he’d have to. It would also mean dropping Bradley. Essentially Warne’s got some big calls to make today, does he stick or twist?

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just about the closest team to us aren’t they?